Simplify 4.2.x By IPS Themes

Pete T

Simplify introduces a cleaner and more minimalist style to IPS Community Suite 4. Powered by our own bespoke framework, Simplify has vast potential for customizaton. Our range of configuration settings allow you to tailor the theme to however you desire.  Choose from features such as color picking, live backgrounds, navigation icons, sticky headers & social icons.

Key Features

Responsive Mobile DesignLive Customization OptionsResizable Header & BreadcrumbsSocial Media & Navigations IconsPowered by "Base" Frameworkintergrated Color PickerGoogle Webfonts API IntergrationAdvanced Footer Blocks

Base Framework

Base is underlying framework that power our IPS4 themes. The consistent codebase means awesome new features can be added quickly and easily. Sneakly issues are also easier to diagnose and fix.

We dislike seeing the same style of theme on every website just as much as you do, that's why Base is extremely customizable with over 60 configurable settings.

Base Framework Features

Responsive Design : Browse on your mobile, tablet or desktop. Our themes are beautifully responsive.

SEO Optimization : Clean & semantic code ensures search engines crawl your site's most important content.

Bespoke Typography : Direct intergration into Google Webfonts. Just enter the font name and we'll do the rest.

Unique Customizaion : Extends IPS4's theme setting system to offer powerful editing capabilities.

Browser Support : Our themes are tested to work on all modern mobile & desktop browers. (....even IE!)

Ready to Translate : Need one-click translations? Our themes intergrate perfectly with IPS4's localization system.

Supports Only 4.2.x

4.1.x Only

8 hours ago, ee_joseph said:

Is it possible to flip the theme from left to right for RTL languages?  I know it is probably a template edit, I just have no experience and wanted to know if it is something that can be done at all with some efforts and a point to the right direction. 

Yes if check over IPS Themes site I have both left to right or right to left setup.

1 hour ago, Theme Tent UK said:

Yes if check over IPS Themes site I have both left to right or right to left setup.

I just checked it. Few issues when I switched to English RTL.

The entire header is overlapping on top of each other. Logo on top of the search bar on top of the sign in page on top of the main menu. In short what needs to move to the right side did move there but what needs to move left did not.

Do you have the RTL option already included with the theme?

2 minutes ago, ee_joseph said:

I just checked it. Few issues when I switched to English RTL.

The entire header is overlapping on top of each other. Logo on top of the search bar on top of the sign in page on top of the main menu. In short what needs to move to the right side did move there but what needs to move left did not.

Do you have the RTL option already included with the theme?

ah i know why doing that its css bug thank you finding that for someone reason have userbar plus primary nav set by default be right so will overlap the logo i going fix that issue now.

11 minutes ago, Theme Tent UK said:

the bugs have now been fixed if do see any we will update them :) 

Nice work, just one more bug. The search bar is not going all the way left where it should be but rather almost in the middle of the screen. I asked before I will ask again, does the RTL version included with the purchase? 

39 minutes ago, ee_joseph said:

Nice work, just one more bug. The search bar is not going all the way left where it should be but rather almost in the middle of the screen. I asked before I will ask again, does the RTL version included with the purchase? 

Sorry missed the rtl part sorry it's part your language settings that how works so if have setup will work as you see it as all css picks up from that setting, I hope that answer that question and will see why search now working correctly might be missing more css.

7 minutes ago, Theme Tent UK said:

Sorry missed the rtl part sorry it's part your language settings that how works so if have setup will work as you see it as all css picks up from that setting, I hope that answer that question and will see why search now working correctly might be missing more css.

Do you mean to say "English RTL" is included with IPS installation? Or do you mean it is included with "Simplify"?

2 minutes ago, ee_joseph said:

Do you mean to say "English RTL" is included with IPS installation? Or do you mean it is included with "Simplify"?

Ok what i mean is within IPS Installation you have the langages settings in there is text direction and choose correct way wise to display the text.

Screenshot_107.thumb.png.9abe7b978a620b755a4e5f3f9d6b6764.png

• 2 months later...
  • Can I just "upload a new theme version" over the existing 4.1 version, so my customizations will stay alive. Is it possible?
  • Will there be any header slider option coming in the future?
  • Any chance there will be any facebook widget (showing the Facebook page preview with followers and like button) like in the "advanced footer" plugin?

Thanks for info.

2 hours ago, Cyboman said:
  • Can I just "upload a new theme version" over the existing 4.1 version, so my customizations will stay alive. Is it possible?
  • Will there be any header slider option coming in the future?
  • Any chance there will be any facebook widget (showing the Facebook page preview with followers and like button) like in the "advanced footer" plugin?

Thanks for info.

1) Add the theme as child theme if unsure how to do this i will provide simple guide.
2) Could look adding slider but will be few weeks away before could add this option.
3) We have facebook widget that shows the page like below

Screenshot_51.png.077dad8eb62c3fd94dbab0ce0c60b004.png

Not sure if this what talking about if not provide examples :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎17‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 7:59 PM, Pete T said:

Could look adding slider but will be few weeks away before could add this option.

Ok, this sounds very good, thanks.

I purchased the plugin but discovered some bugs to report here:

• Internal link embeds don't work properly: In some areas, f.e. in member profile tabs or in personal messages, the embeds of internal links don't work. It shows the embed box, but it is always linked to the root level domain, not to the individual link.
  • Creating blank footer sections or changing fonts in the ACP/SimplifyTheme/text tab shows website as text-only: The complete design will be removed then from displaying. It's just the site with text only...
  • Copyright "Designed by IPS Theme" is linked to a http:// source: should be https for SSL sites, the search bar on the top also has a link to http://schema.org/... and should be set to https
  • The search field/bar in the main navigation row in the header isn't aligned correctly. Vertically it's not on the same height the menu elements are. It's above the elements and that doesn't look very nice.

Questions:

• I want to get rid of the row between the main navigation bar and the breadcrump/social icons bar. I think this is the secondary nav bar. I don't use it currently, as I only use drop-down navigation for secondary navigation. This wastes a lot of space. Can I just hide this row away, so that the design will become more compact?
  • Simplify is a mainly white theme: And that is a problem with some non-existing font-settings. F.e. in the leaderboard tabs or in the member profile tabs, it shows white fonts on white backgrounds for non-active tabs. Please tell me, how I can change this font in inactive tabs to dark AND also how to change the tabs background color.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Cyboman said:

Ok, this sounds very good, thanks.

I purchased the plugin but discovered some bugs to report here:

• Internal link embeds don't work properly: In some areas, f.e. in member profile tabs or in personal messages, the embeds of internal links don't work. It shows the embed box, but it is always linked to the root level domain, not to the individual link.
  • Creating blank footer sections or changing fonts in the ACP/SimplifyTheme/text tab shows website as text-only: The complete design will be removed then from displaying. It's just the site with text only...
  • Copyright "Designed by IPS Theme" is linked to a http:// source: should be https for SSL sites, the search bar on the top also has a link to http://schema.org/... and should be set to https
  • The search field/bar in the main navigation row in the header isn't aligned correctly. Vertically it's not on the same height the menu elements are. It's above the elements and that doesn't look very nice.

Questions:

• I want to get rid of the row between the main navigation bar and the breadcrump/social icons bar. I think this is the secondary nav bar. I don't use it currently, as I only use drop-down navigation for secondary navigation. This wastes a lot of space. Can I just hide this row away, so that the design will become more compact?
  • Simplify is a mainly white theme: And that is a problem with some non-existing font-settings. F.e. in the leaderboard tabs or in the member profile tabs, it shows white fonts on white backgrounds for non-active tabs. Please tell me, how I can change this font in inactive tabs to dark AND also how to change the tabs background color.

Thanks.

I send you PM as lots bugs have been fixed just in process getting all themes uploaded.

• 1 month later...

I just downloaded the current version yesterday, and I'm liking it so far, but in the User Panel to the left of the post, your screenshot shows minimal info (name, title, group, # of posts) while my page shows location and interests as well, which can sometimes be quite lengthy.  How can I remove location and interests to retain the minimal effect?  Thanks.

On 12/2/2017 at 9:23 PM, zonerz said:

I just downloaded the current version yesterday, and I'm liking it so far, but in the User Panel to the left of the post, your screenshot shows minimal info (name, title, group, # of posts) while my page shows location and interests as well, which can sometimes be quite lengthy.  How can I remove location and interests to retain the minimal effect?  Thanks.

This sounds like all info from profile settings being shown at moment no control what being shown if correct what you saying but if post screenshot i can provide a better reply.

9 hours ago, zonerz said:

I was thinking that there might be a way to hide the items in the red box via the skin template or css.  As you can see, the post is only one line, but the extraneous info makes the post more than twice the size of the actual comment.

post_userinfo.jpg

There no way at moment in the theme but there is plugin that could allow you hide info like this, 

also have this plugin does profile area but not sure that issue or not for you 

9 hours ago, zonerz said:

I was thinking that there might be a way to hide the items in the red box via the skin template or css.  As you can see, the post is only one line, but the extraneous info makes the post more than twice the size of the actual comment.

post_userinfo.jpg

As a workaround, you can deactivate

ACP -> users -> profiles -> edit "interests" field -> permissions -> show publicly in members profile -> off

Then tell your users to use the "About me" text field to enter their interests :)

That'll make it much more slim.

58 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

As a workaround, you can deactivate

ACP -> users -> profiles -> edit "interests" field -> permissions -> show publicly in members profile -> off

Then tell your users to use the "About me" text field to enter their interests :)

That'll make it much more slim.

@Cyboman yes that option also good idea.

I figured it out.

You can make changes specific to this skin, without impacting other themes, by going to:

Themes > Edit HTML & CSS (for specific theme) > Templates (tab) > Forums > Front > Topics > postContainer

Find the section labeled <aside>. Just prior to the end of that section (</aside>) there is a code line that says: 

{template="customFieldsDisplay" group="global" app="core" params="$comment->author()"}

Delete (or comment out) that line.

The results look like this:

post_userinfo2.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hi,

will the simplify 4.3 version support all former 4.2 functionality plus all the new 4.3 improvements until now?

I'm asking concerning the required GDPR updates, as I don't have any time to restyle everything at the moment, just in case it won't update as it should. So I'm a bit worried at the moment.

Can I simply update the installed 4.2 version to 4.3 via the "update theme" option in the ACP and everything will go on working without further modifications?

I'm especially asking, as the author, Pete T, did some individual changes on the live installation.

Please help, how I can move to the latest version without losing any of the adjustments.

Thank you very much.

Archived