Contact Us Enhancement - Supporttopic

Fosters

597945cf6214e_FostersContactUsMarketplaceImage.jpg.e863fab5bf6ca3226ae95e50a83c1d29.jpg

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the latest version of Contact Us Enhancement v1.1.0 available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for purchase!  The updated version is 4.2 compatible, which means it's ready to be installed on all 4.2.x installations.  

Buy now or upgrade your existing copy:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8358-contact-us-enhancement/

New Feature: Menu Navbar

As part of the update, a new feature has been added to enable "Contact Us" in the navigation bar.  This integrates into native IPS functionality to offer a built-in Contact form directly into your website's primary navigation menu, which makes it easier than ever for guests and members to contact you.
Before, admins needed to create a manual link to the Contact form.  Now with Contact Us Enhancement, there's a built-in option in the ACP Menu Manager to choose the Contact form.  The Contact form will display right there in the navigation bar for ease-of-access and simpler navigation.

594c6b2774307_ContactforminNavbar.png.570e9137e8284025edb75907c4569aed.png.e07832061ca737cf69f14c7c9ea34023.png

594c6b8fdb1e8_AddingContactforminMenuManager.png.55e743e59e2d2d88a71a9d9a37d905e3.thumb.png.6fa1c1964c2ccf58d219b9a16d9f912f.png

You can enable it like any other item in the ACP > System > Menu Manager.  Choose to add a new item, and you will see "Contact Us" as a native option.  

• 2 weeks later...

59794502bfff6_FostersContactUsMarketplaceImage.jpg.943f03efbd12473fa23451bea382d7b8.jpg

New screenshots and a better description have been updated in the Marketplace file.  For users who would like advanced options for Contact Us, including adding the contact page to the Menu Manager and choosing more options in contact form submission, then be sure to check out our latest version!  

Thank you to all of our existing clients who purchased the file, and to @jmw253 and @MikeHolly for their 5 star reviews!  

• 4 months later...

Does this work with the latest ips?  I had it working in a prev version but now the footer doesn't show and in the menu it only shows as a "."  In addition even though all user classes are selected I now get an error page saying it is not accesable to my account.

Contactus1.png

Contactus2.png

Contactus3.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I missed this post.

Yes, it's working for us. Did this happen right after the upgrade? Does the "contact" language string exists

On 27.11.2017 at 10:02 PM, Circo said:

Does this work with the latest ips?  I had it working in a prev version but now the footer doesn't show and in the menu it only shows as a "."  In addition even though all user classes are selected I now get an error page saying it is not accesable to my account.

Contactus1.png

Contactus2.png

Contactus3.png

5a369a5d06464_FostersContactUsMarketplaceImage.jpg.a5b34770eb829460aa7c3ae2d65c5217.jpg

Contact Us Enhancements is one of our most popular files that easily customizes the standard functionality.  Having a proper communication channel is critical to engaging with your visitors and members:

• Are you missing out on sales or visitor inquiries because clients couldn't find an easy support button?
  • Do you not want to buy IP.Commerce just to add contact or support functions?  

Here are 3 simple ways that you can integrate a more advanced Contact Us into your Invision Community.

1.  Menu Button

The standard IPS link is at the very bottom, and requires users to scroll all the way down.  It's only seen by users who are lost and confused with the site's navigation.  It is literally the last place to look.  

We've overcome that challenge by integrating a Contact button into the IPS Menu Manager.  This allows you to place it directly into the menu, or cluster it with other support functions.  Here are some sample ways of integrating Contact into your Menu Manager.

5a369aa356b98_1ContactUsDropdown.JPG.2d8ed1576970fc7fa0520319d3384dd2.JPG

Contact Us in a dropdown.  

5a369aa3be459_1ContactUsPrimary.JPG.81e2808eb93440e673f48049f5a8e531.JPG

Contact Us as a primary tab.

You can control how Contact Us appears in your Menu Manager.  In both cases, they're at the top of the page and easy to access for your members, instead of at the bottom.

2.  Who To Ask?

For many communities, the Administrator manages the technical side such as the server, hosting, and domain.  He is oftentimes different from the Community Admin, who responds to user inquiries and provides support.  

With Contact Us Enhancements, you can choose where and to whom the contact form should be sent. 

5a3b1f551a4cc_2SendEmail.thumb.JPG.d4feb33aeb4b19731be6d1aba0484b4c.JPG

You can even send to multiple email addresses for emergencies.

3.  Help Users Help Themselves

Are you a small community or one where you don't have the ability to answer every support inquiry?  That's okay and you're not alone.  The majority of Invision Communities are run by less than 3 Admins, and if you're one of them, you know how time-consuming, overwhelming, and tedious it can be to answer the same support questions over and over again.  

This is why, in Contact Us Enhancements by @Fosters, we've added the ability for you to link to special URL.  You can link to a pinned support topic, a custom support page, or resource directory where users can troubleshoot common problems themselves.  This saves you valuable time and helps you focus on running your community.  

5a42a6929a75a_3LinktoURL.thumb.JPG.f60baf6f99c04482d503ddb095affd56.JPG

That's all for this series.  We've hope you enjoyed these simple and easy tutorials!  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello,

I recently got this for my forum but I ran into a bit of an issue.  We have it configured to create a topic when someone fills out the form, and while it creates a new topic when a member fills out Contact Us, it doesn't seem to create the new topic when a guest does.  If possible, it would be nice to bypass permissions when creating this topic (so it can be made in a board that guests -- or anyone but staff -- could view), but we've even tried it on boards where guests have the ability to post.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Pleeb

On 1/6/2020 at 11:57 PM, Pleeb said:

Hello,

I recently got this for my forum but I ran into a bit of an issue.  We have it configured to create a topic when someone fills out the form, and while it creates a new topic when a member fills out Contact Us, it doesn't seem to create the new topic when a guest does.  If possible, it would be nice to bypass permissions when creating this topic (so it can be made in a board that guests -- or anyone but staff -- could view), but we've even tried it on boards where guests have the ability to post.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Pleeb

Works for me.. Are you still seeing this issue? Do you see any errors in the system log?

On 1/12/2020 at 2:15 PM, Fosters said:

Works for me.. Are you still seeing this issue? Do you see any errors in the system log?

There was nothing in the log, but I got it working-- it was really strange.

Re-reading my comment, I'm not sure how well I stated the problem.  We have a board called "Contact Box" with the option "Users can see topics posted by other users?" disabled so members can post topics without other non-staff members seeing it:

566527311_ScreenShot2020-01-13at6_43_46PM.png.24b8dedd6428e05ccccec1157283cb05.png

If a guest fills out Contact Us, it doesn't post in the board, it simply fails.  It's worth noting that they do get a message that their message has been sent off, it just doesn't seem to actually send it off.

I was looking at the permissions for Contact Box, and the checkbox for "See Forum" is actually greyed out for Guests, so I wonder if it's a hard block on the Invision Community Software:

1932359065_ScreenShot2020-01-13at6_45_25PM.png.873bef8cca156628392b2fcbfe81ab6f.png

What we did as a workaround, which does seem to work, is to modify "Contact Box" to have "Users can see topics posted by other users?" enabled, and then go into permissions and prevent everyone (members, guests, etc) from seeing the board while still allowing everyone (including guests) to post topics in the board.  It's hard to see, but note the first column (which is "See Forum") is not grayed out after enabling that option:

1260487851_ScreenShot2020-01-13at6_53_23PM.png.e83ee8a46976b998474c5ed8592cb5d6.png

Now, anything filled out by a guest automatically gets posted to this second board.

Is this just something weird happening to me, or is the plugin able to post to a board with "Users can see topics posted by other users?" disabled, as a guest for you?  It's working now, though it would be nice to allow members to see only their topics in this board again if the option were to arise.

Thanks again for this great plugin!

Archived