Group Mention

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Erosik said:

Hello. I have a problem with the application, namely I uploaded it via marketplace to my forum, activated it, set permissions, but when creating a new topic I have no options anywhere to select groups to mark. Where can the problem lie, how to fix it?

Hey @Erosik, it works the same way as user mentions. If you start typing @ then type the groupname and you will see it

On 11/4/2020 at 7:39 PM, kRSB said:

Hey @Erosik, it works the same way as user mentions. If you start typing @ then type the groupname and you will see it

Tell me, you've encountered a mistake that if I want to post a new topic in the forum and mark more groups, I get a mistake in the forum? I have no idea what the problem is, whether from the forum or the plugin.

unknown.png

On 11/6/2020 at 11:32 AM, Erosik said:

Tell me, you've encountered a mistake that if I want to post a new topic in the forum and mark more groups, I get a mistake in the forum? I have no idea what the problem is, whether from the forum or the plugin.

unknown.png

Hey, no it's completely fine to mention multiple groups in 1 post. I don't think that error is related to the plugin but it's best that you check the system logs in acp or ask your system admin to check the server logs to see why that error happened.

4 hours ago, kRSB said:

Hey, no it's completely fine to mention multiple groups in 1 post. I don't think that error is related to the plugin but it's best that you check the system logs in acp or ask your system admin to check the server logs to see why that error happened.

I believe that he has the same issue whenever the group has a huge number like 20K or more,

On 11/7/2020 at 7:44 PM, kRSB said:

I can ask you to make some quicker contact like Discord or something, we care about time to fix it, and with that it can be a little more fun

On 11/7/2020 at 11:50 PM, Afrodude said:

I believe that he has the same issue whenever the group has a huge number like 20K or more,

That's possible, but his total member count is only 4k so 😕

I'm also currently working to see if I can find a solution for that.

On 11/9/2020 at 10:20 AM, Erosik said:

I can ask you to make some quicker contact like Discord or something, we care about time to fix it, and with that it can be a little more fun

Feel free to send me a pm with your discord. Also could you maybe test this:

- mention a group with a low amount of users in -> does it give an error?

- mention a group with a high amount of users in -> does it give an error?

2 hours ago, Aldro said:

@kRSB -- A member is reporting that he has twice now been notified despite not being a part of particular group. Is this a known bug? Can I fix it somehow?

Hey, it's the first time I hear about this so it's not a known bug.  He might be getting a notification because of these:

- user has the group as secondary group

- user is subscribed to the topic. 

- user is following the author

@Afrodude @breatheheavy @Erosik

I have pushed an update where the group notifications will be send via the background queue system of IPB, this should fix the timeouts of groups with a large number of members. I tested it myself on a group with 40k members and it worked.

In your setting of group mentions there is a new checkbox which you can toggle to enable this

424905994_Screenshot2020-11-12at09_32_44.thumb.png.a8f3e10374f84980594c3d5a00f0310f.png

You can also follow up the background task in your acp dashboard:

1239956104_Screenshot2020-11-11at18_44_12.thumb.png.3b7b3bf9a7c90a671145f5c0dabb7c1e.png

Hopefully it fixes it as well for you guys

On 11/11/2020 at 5:33 PM, kRSB said:

Hey, it's the first time I hear about this so it's not a known bug.  He might be getting a notification because of these:

- user has the group as secondary group

- user is subscribed to the topic. 

- user is following the author

We checked these and he doesn't have either of those.

I will let you know if it happens again but incase anyone else reports it, atleast you now know that there may be some issue.

@kRSB - Hi, I have group mention setup and it was working fine until recently it gives an error when clicking on the group link

Error - 

Error: Class 'IPS\groupmention\modules\admin\groupmention\groups' not found (0)
#0 /home/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(109): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#1 /home/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#2 {main}

It redirects to admincp

On 11/20/2020 at 8:13 PM, James101 said:

@kRSB - Hi, I have group mention setup and it was working fine until recently it gives an error when clicking on the group link

Error - 

Error: Class 'IPS\groupmention\modules\admin\groupmention\groups' not found (0)
#0 /home/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(109): IPS\Dispatcher\_Admin->init()
#1 /home/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher::i()
#2 {main}

It redirects to admincp

Hey @James101,

I'm having some trouble trying to reproduce the error you are getting. 

566345632_Screenshot2020-11-23at18_51_16.png.e36b42f4a648dfd8c60bf0ce027a9aac.png

For example see the screenshot above, does it crash when you click on "@Members" ?

• 4 weeks later...

@kRSB- We are on the latest version but one of our members has the following groups:
c765c0a5f6.png

Yet whenever we tag him with a group called "Low Council" --> 
He gets notified despite not being a part of this group.

Similar things have been reported by other users on our forums too.
Is there nothing we can do to fix this?

66b16df10f.png

f5f5d15f8d.png

58632956c9.png

Edited by Aldro
On 12/21/2020 at 10:44 PM, Aldro said:

@kRSB- We are on the latest version but one of our members has the following groups:
c765c0a5f6.png

Yet whenever we tag him with a group called "Low Council" --> 
He gets notified despite not being a part of this group.

Similar things have been reported by other users on our forums too.
Is there nothing we can do to fix this?

66b16df10f.png

f5f5d15f8d.png

58632956c9.png

Hey Aldro, if possible could you pm me your ACP details so I could take a look at what goes wrong?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/6/2021 at 8:35 PM, AlexJ said:

@kRSB Giving above suggestion a bump please. Can you please add it? Thanks!

Sorry for late reply, seem to have missed it. I can look into adding this as a new free plugin since it shouldn't be much work but I rather keep the group mention plugin specific to groups.

9 hours ago, kRSB said:

Sorry for late reply, seem to have missed it. I can look into adding this as a new free plugin since it shouldn't be much work but I rather keep the group mention plugin specific to groups.

Can't wait! Thanks bud!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...