Group Mention

On 3/5/2020 at 4:03 PM, ArmaCoopCorps said:

Hello, I have just installed it and notifications are working for primary and secondary groups without problems.

Buuuut when I hover over @kRSB mention then I have whole forum in popup. It happens on default theme and with all other plugins / apps disabled.

Any ideas?

group_notifications_bug.thumb.gif.829727359e48f6d425120f3a65d52ff3.gif

On 3/5/2020 at 9:16 PM, Gesundheit said:

Hello,

Same issue here. Hovering over the group mention will load the entire first page of the forum within a hovercard. @kRSB

Thanks for reporting!

I have identified the problem, I will bring out a fix ASAP

Thank you.

A suggestion, if I may. It would be perfect if it would be possible to assign each individual group the ability to mention certain groups. For example administrators could mention them all and moderators could mention only some specific user groups etc. I have a considerable number of user groups that would benefit from group mentions, but only to a very limited extent.

It's probably tricky to implement, but it would make this application perfect.

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2020 at 1:10 AM, root88 said:

@kRSB can you add an option to remove formatting in group mention?

image.png.1db24490c1475777cd8c01db14e4b6f1.png

In this case blue color is barely visible, I prefer it to look like user mention:

image.png.ff3c09da205f132ac8b37e89cac2cc4b.png

Hey @root88

You can easily change that with placing this CSS in your custom css:

1) To change the text color for all groups you can use:

a[data-mentionid] span {

color: white !important;

}

Where white is the color you want (by looking at your screenshot it's set to white

2) If you want to change it for only a specific group:

a[data-mentionid='18'] span {

color: white !important;

}

Where 18 is the group id

Hope it helps!

Hey @kRSB, wondering if you can help me please.

I set the permissions so only Admins or my subscriber group can use Group Mentions. 

The Subscriber group is named Plus.

They only should be able to tag the Plus group, not ALL groups, however despite the permissions... they can tag all groups. 

I have a test account that's a standard user, and they did indeed receive the notification. Am I missing something?

Here is the settings:

53626103_ScreenShot2020-05-06at8_30_46AM.thumb.png.f0423df8c7d85134ad4818b379362943.png

Here is the standard user receiving a notification anyway from the member that used the tag to tag all groups:

1150189955_ScreenShot2020-05-06at8_32_05AM.jpg.64e27ee960b322d522b097a11c5d53de.jpg

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by Jordan Miller
On 5/6/2020 at 5:36 PM, breatheheavy said:

Hey @kRSB, wondering if you can help me please.

I set the permissions so only Admins or my subscriber group can use Group Mentions. 

The Subscriber group is named Plus.

They only should be able to tag the Plus group, not ALL groups, however despite the permissions... they can tag all groups. 

I have a test account that's a standard user, and they did indeed receive the notification. Am I missing something?

Here is the settings:

53626103_ScreenShot2020-05-06at8_30_46AM.thumb.png.f0423df8c7d85134ad4818b379362943.png

Here is the standard user receiving a notification anyway from the member that used the tag to tag all groups:

1150189955_ScreenShot2020-05-06at8_32_05AM.jpg.64e27ee960b322d522b097a11c5d53de.jpg

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated. 

Hey,

Those settings look correct. I tried it myself on my site but i'm not able to reproduce this. Is it possible that this standard user has a secondary group of "Plus"?

Also if possible could you pm me ACP details so I can take a look?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Afrodude said:

@kRSB Is there any specific number of any group this addon can handle? Because many times whenever I mention a huge number of a group it takes too long to post the reply, and whenever you look at the topics list on the forum my reply doesn't show as I was the last one replied to that topic. 

Hey, that's hard to say. I currently use it on a board where we mention around 250 members without any slowing down. It can also be depend on your server setup so hard to put a specific number on it.

12 minutes ago, kRSB said:

Hey, that's hard to say. I currently use it on a board where we mention around 250 members without any slowing down. It can also be depend on your server setup so hard to put a specific number on it.

I use it on group that has 50K members and more. I don't know if you can improve that, so it doesn't cause this issue.

Edited by Afrodude
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 11:21 PM, Afrodude said:

I use it on group that has 50K members and more. I don't know if you can improve that, so it doesn't cause this issue.

I'm planning to look into this, so the notifications can be send in a queue when it's lots of them

On 9/25/2020 at 1:16 AM, breatheheavy said:

Hi there. I tried using this on 4.5 but didn't receive any notifications on several accounts I tried testing 😕 @kRSB Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oops, just realized this wasn't updated for 4.5 yet. Any word on if it will be would be awesome. I really liked this tool. Thank you. 🙏 

Submitted app update for 4.5. It's under review currently

1 hour ago, kRSB said:

Submitted app update for 4.5. It's under review currently

Can you also add the feature so that we get @ symbol next to quote - before or after - this way rather then quoting full post, we can directly tag, user ID through mention. Thanks

Edited by AlexJ
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 6:40 PM, AlexJ said:

Can you also add the feature so that we get @ symbol next to quote - before or after - this way rather then quoting full post, we can directly tag, user ID through mention. Thanks

Hey @AlexJ, sorry I'm not following completely. What do you mean with user ID? This app mentions groups not a single user.