Slowing down Bulk Mail

xtech

Hi everyone,

is there a way to slow down bulk emails sending rate? I have a community with over 30000 members and in 3 minutes it sent 15000 emails... i think sparkpost or email filters will hate this.

My question is... how can it be slowed down? Like 200 emails per day would be fine and would avoid me getting headaches with email filters blacklisting my email address.

Regards

In previous versions I was able to do that changing the value of some constants in the source code.  But currently that is not working anymore.

Sending thousands of emails per hour with services such as Sparkpost usually means lots of rejected emails from Microsoft and Yahoo, for example, thus it is really important to be able to control the sending rate.

1 hour ago, ptprog said:

Sending thousands of emails per hour with services such as Sparkpost usually means lots of rejected emails from Microsoft and Yahoo, for example, thus it is really important to be able to control the sending rate.

Exactly. It would be a very welcome improvement.

I also miss this control. After I migrated to IPS I did not send more information. I have 200,000 users

The SMF has a very simple and functional control.

In the administrative panel it is possible to configure:

- Enable or disable e-mail queue
Maximum emails to send per minute
- Maximum amount of emails to send per page load

To prioritize some important e-mails like password updating and email confirmation, the script prioritizes urgent e-mails:

SMF Sendmail priorities from 0 to 5:
5 = Very Low
4 = Low
3 = Normal
2 = High
0,1 = Very High

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived