Switch to S3 - broken images?

Claire Field

My site made the switch to S3 last week and some of my members and myself are still experiencing broken images. Since there are those who see them I have to assume it's member side and not Amazon. So any help to remedy this? I've cleared cache, flushed DNS, restarted, etc...

I had the same issue, contact IPS support for help. They were able to get it resolved. Just a note of caution s3 can be insanely expensive if you have a high traffic site. It was costing me about $500 per month just for S3  alone.  I am now on a dedicated server and pay half that for everything. 

To give more naunce to the above reply, S3 is cheap for storage but expensive for bandwidth. If you are using S3 to store and deliver your media, then yes you are probably getting screwed.  If you are using S3 to store your media, and a CDN to deliver your media, then it will be much much cheaper.  It was able to cut my Amazon bill in half by setting up a cheap CDN.  

4 hours ago, Joel R said:

To give more naunce to the above reply, S3 is cheap for storage but expensive for bandwidth. If you are using S3 to store and deliver your media, then yes you are probably getting screwed.  If you are using S3 to store your media, and a CDN to deliver your media, then it will be much much cheaper.  It was able to cut my Amazon bill in half by setting up a cheap CDN.  

We have attachments and gallery images on S3. We are a small site, the traffic is on the main page where barely any S3 hosted images are.

So basically contact IPS via a ticket and get them to sort it then?

Archived