Jump to content

Community

TheJackal84

Sticky Notes (support topic)

Recommended Posts

Hi
I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of StickyNotes on my website.
Everything works fine with the default theme, but no notes are displayed with other themes such as "(VN41) Veizor Dark" (our default theme)
Do you have any idea what I can do to use StickyNotes on a theme like VeizorDark?

My website : http://www.astrosurf.com
I can provide you with access to our site (as a regular member) if you request it by private message.

Best regards

Edited by Jean-Philippe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jean-Philippe said:

Hi
I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of StickyNotes on my website.
Everything works fine with the default theme, but no notes are displayed with other themes such as "(VN41) Veizor Dark" (our default theme)
Do you have any idea what I can do to use StickyNotes on a theme like VeizorDark?

My website : http://www.astrosurf.com
I can provide you with access to our site (as a regular member) if you request it by private message.

Best regards

Hi, If you want to create me ACP login I can do it for you manually, If not then I can just tell you how to do it, Send me a PM wither way and let me know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I'd just want to use it as admin, to replace announcements blocks I sometimes place on the site and maybe for guest signups etc.

Is there a setting so regular members can't use it / don't see an option to 'send sticky note' ?

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Robert Williams said:

Hi

I'd just want to use it as admin, to replace announcements blocks I sometimes place on the site and maybe for guest signups etc.

Is there a setting so regular members can't use it / don't see an option to 'send sticky note' ?

Thanks

 

Go to the ACP and the sticky notes tab then go to the settings of personal sticky notes and only allow the admin to use it, then its basically just for the admin to use, they can use global on the ACP or frontend and the admin can also send personal sticky notes to members but they can't send back

MEjuNkV.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving this app. This is just feedback :) 

For myself, I’d prefer there NOT be a send sticky note link under every post (not sure what the UI name is for those bits under each post ... like Quote, Report, etc). 

I like having it on the create menu and on profiles etc., but don’t feel it’s necessary to be that prominent. I see stickies as different purpose than PMs. I fear that stickies might get over-used where PMs would be more appropriate. 

Others may disagree! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bradl said:

Loving this app. This is just feedback :) 

For myself, I’d prefer there NOT be a send sticky note link under every post (not sure what the UI name is for those bits under each post ... like Quote, Report, etc). 

I like having it on the create menu and on profiles etc., but don’t feel it’s necessary to be that prominent. I see stickies as different purpose than PMs. I fear that stickies might get over-used where PMs would be more appropriate. 

Others may disagree! 

I can always add a setting so that if you want to show it, its there, if not it won't show. ( Gotta love the yes / no settings no one can moan if its there or not lol )

Edited by TheJackal84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks quite interesting!

Question: Is it possible to change the size of the note? it's a little too large for my liking, like I'd probably want to edit it and make it like 60-70% of its current size. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Telemacus2 said:

This looks quite interesting!

Question: Is it possible to change the size of the note? it's a little too large for my liking, like I'd probably want to edit it and make it like 60-70% of its current size. 

on mobiles you can set it to a % of the original size not for desktop though, But with a little custom.css edit you will be able to scale the notes down to your 60-70%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2017 at 2:59 PM, TheJackal84 said:

I have done it so if there is one note pending it will be the same as now, if there is more than 1 than it will show the amount that are not dismissed with a choice to dismiss that note or all ( There will be a setting in the ACP for if you want this feature enabled incase people don't want it, the amount will still show though cos it's a nice feature )

lMn7Y6A.png

I am not finished with it all yet I still need to fine tune it but letting you know it will be available to dismiss all in one go

Took me forever to close all the sticky notes in your site LOL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joel R said:

Took me forever to close all the sticky notes in your site LOL.  

yeah it was just really a demo site before but now I am starting to do stuff on it I changed it, I went on anonymous browsing to check about a guest feature and it annoyed me removing them all so I put it to like 3 instead of all 9 lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

yeah it was just really a demo site before but now I am starting to do stuff on it I changed it, I went on anonymous browsing to check about a guest feature and it annoyed me removing them all so I put it to like 3 instead of all 9 lol

Yeah.  You had sticky notes behind sticky notes! 

I like your use of Clubs as support for each mod.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joel R said:

Yeah.  You had sticky notes behind sticky notes! 

I like your use of Clubs as support for each mod.  

I was going to use clubs but got @CodingJungle Downloads Plus app now and am going to use that instead as its such a great addition to downloads, I might still use clubs for like requests etc, unless something like that comes into a downloads plus update then I won't have need for clubs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I was going to use clubs but got @CodingJungle Downloads Plus app now and am going to use that instead as its such a great addition to downloads, I might still use clubs for like requests etc, unless something like that comes into a downloads plus update then I won't have need for clubs

Yeah, I really like Downloads Plus by @CodingJungle too.  It's almost - gasp! - as if he had a first hand understanding of how problematic the current reviews and support topics are. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joel R said:

Yeah, I really like Downloads Plus by @CodingJungle too.  It's almost - gasp! - as if he had a first hand understanding of how problematic the current reviews and support topics are.

Speaking to him it will only get better to so looking forward to that, But even as it is, it is a must have

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi just uploaded 2.0.9 and installed over 2.0.5 and now get this error

[[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do we fix this please. The only way to use the forum is to disable the application.

Brilliant application.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kev Collins said:

Hi just uploaded 2.0.9 and installed over 2.0.5 and now get this error

[[Template core/front/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do we fix this please. The only way to use the forum is to disable the application.

Brilliant application.

Thanks,

Kevin.

did you edit any of the templates of the app?, Also go to the ACP and type support in the search bar and click support then run something ain't working, see if that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

did you edit any of the templates of the app?, Also go to the ACP and type support in the search bar and click support then run something ain't working, see if that helps

No edits made.

Have run the support tool and still the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kev Collins said:

No edits made.

Have run the support tool and still the same.

If you want to create me a admiin account I can look at it for you, Have you tried to uninstall it and re-install? Normally I would see that error if the template got edited in the theme and then it got updated in the app, when you update a app etc if any changes are made manually via the theme html edit, it will not update the template leaving the older edited version inside and the newer version is pending waiting for a revert

Edited by TheJackal84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Koper74 said:

Really nice app!
Is there a way to address multiple users (not groups!) in personal notes?

Not yet but it is in my notes for a future version, 2.1.0 is nearly finished so I don't think it will be in that one, but it is on my list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheJackal84...just wanted to say I really like the way you keep improving this app - keep it up! :thumbsup:

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but one person's two cents: it might be easier to provide groups who can send personal SNs with the ability to delete old notes in their management screen so that the Admin doesn't have to do it all the time.  Or did you do this for a specific reason?

Also: has anyone brought up the idea of email notifications for new SNs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...