Sticky Notes (support topic)

Updated to 2.0.6

New Features

• You can now position each sticky note from a choice of 9 different on screen locations so they don't all have to be in the same place (Admin only not personal)
  • You can now set the personal sticky notes to place from a choice of 9 different  on screen locations)
  • You can now set a expiry time and date on the sticky notes (Admin only not personal)
1 hour ago, Unlucky said:

re my last post. the users phone was an iPhone 7

checking your site via mobile and the one you are using for it add this to your custom.css for now

@media screen and (max-width: 767px) {
.quote-container {
    left: 20% !important;
}
}

that will fix it for now, but only that one, Once I do the update then remove it from the custom.css file, ( if you move the position you will need to remove it as well from the custom.css ) this is only for the first note if it's in the middle center for mobiles

you can check how it will look via mobile by zooming in 300% on the PC screen, that will transform the theme to mobile view

Edited by TheJackal84
On 29/09/2017 at 9:20 AM, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I have installed the new version and I had set my sticky note to middle middle

Just had a report from a phone user they cannot disable the note as per screenshot. Waiting for them to confirm what type of phone it is, but it might be on all phones?

59ce02454c37f_stickynote.thumb.jpg.e1b478e2cebf6e6243b901256ab9a61d.jpg

So I been messing with mobile viewing of them and what I think would be best, Is to just have it positioned in one place ( A mobile screen ain't wide enough to have it left / right / center ), I am thinking more or it in the center and maybe add a scale to it what admins can set for example you will set a value of 8 and it will be 80% of the size of the desktop version, I have gone from 5 - 9 and 7 - 8 is best for mobile viewing it all still looks nice and its not so big on the screens of mobiles plus it keeps it all clean as it scales it down and is not changing the width ratio messing up the text etc inside, Let me know your thoughts

Edited by TheJackal84
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi also just got this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /var/www/sites/www.site.net/html/uk/uploads/template_6_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global.php on line 2

this was the url in the browser - index.php?app=stickynotes&module=dismiss&controller=stickynotes&do=dismissStickyNote&csrfKey=a3a618fef6cb79f17d89023cd0d7ba8f

that error has trashed the site and just got a white page with that parse error on it

42 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Just re-added this to the site and got a member saying the post it keeps re-appearing after closing

I have same issue with the guest one on the index page

when i surf site and return to index the note is back again

I just checked it on my site and it seems fine, I am out at the minute but will look when I am in, Try and clear all the cookies and browser stuff in the browsers

20 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi also just got this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /var/www/sites/www.site.net/html/uk/uploads/template_6_94a9d7649fb9cdbfc784d3516e61a717_global.php on line 2

this was the url in the browser - index.php?app=stickynotes&module=dismiss&controller=stickynotes&do=dismissStickyNote&csrfKey=a3a618fef6cb79f17d89023cd0d7ba8f

This is because you clicked multiple times on the same dismiss button, I will add something so it don't throw that error

12 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

That error seems to trash the theme - I had to recover the site by loading a different theme up.

The error shouldn't break a theme, again I would say clear all the cookie and browser stuff on PC

1 minute ago, Unlucky said:

Hi - tried that and run the support tool

Also tried different browsers still get a white page with just that parse error

I can't reproduce it on my phone, I even tried to multiple dismiss, you normally would see that url when the javascript ain't working, the javascript makes sure the page don't reload, is your page reloading on dismiss?

Well I have sticky notes disabled now

I only have 1 working theme left in the ACP so can't really test anymore

I have tried chrome, firefox and iE with cleared cache plus incognito / private browsing etc and when i switch to one of the effected themes all I get is that white page with the syntax error.

I think the site might have crashed directly after running the Invison support tool in the ACP

Or it might have been caused by one of my VIP members who complained he was constantly dismissing a sticky note which kept reappearing.

I ran the ACP support tool following his email complaining about the sticky note reappearing.

Hi

Have spoken to invision support and they worked out why the theme broke and said it was just a coincidence it happened when we reinstalled notes so no need to worry on that one.

16 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

This is because you clicked multiple times on the same dismiss button, I will add something so it don't throw that error

Would be good if you could do this

On 10/1/2017 at 9:42 AM, TheJackal84 said:

So I been messing with mobile viewing of them and what I think would be best, Is to just have it positioned in one place ( A mobile screen ain't wide enough to have it left / right / center ), I am thinking more or it in the center and maybe add a scale to it what admins can set for example you will set a value of 8 and it will be 80% of the size of the desktop version, I have gone from 5 - 9 and 7 - 8 is best for mobile viewing it all still looks nice and its not so big on the screens of mobiles plus it keeps it all clean as it scales it down and is not changing the width ratio messing up the text etc inside, Let me know your thoughts

Any updates on this one?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Have spoken to invision support and they worked out why the theme broke and said it was just a coincidence it happened when we reinstalled notes so no need to worry on that one.

That's good then, I was driving myself mad last night trying to reproduce the error lol

Would be good if you could do this

Yeah I will add that

Any updates on this one?

It's already been wrote and added and be will in the update, Probably with-in the next day or two it will be ready for release

Updated to 2.0.7

New Features

• Added a new setting for mobile viewing so you can scale the sticky notes to a certain % making it smaller
  • Changed the mobile view of the sticky notes to be in just one place ( Mobile screen's are not big enough to place it in multiple places )

Bug Fix

• Fixed a issue when people multiple clicked the dismiss button to now give a error message instead of a configuration error ( Error message says it's already been dismissed, you can change this in the language settings of the ACP )

@Unlucky

Edited by TheJackal84
45 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

have a couple of members complaining they can't close sticky notes sent from another member

they said the x is missing from the note to close it and sent me this

59ea683875305_stickynotes.thumb.JPG.aa02d07e50e2f9c759ab593afefb3870.JPG

what is the little box in the top of the image? It looks like something is on top of it, I also been thinking of a notification to the member who sent the note to say the user has dismissed it, what do you think of that idea? ( personal ones only that is )

Edited by TheJackal84
Just now, Unlucky said:

its their browser bar

looks like your note position might be posted too high?

sticky-3.thumb.jpg.88e8aacc041298fb537f4de7aeefbf5e.jpg

It must be because of the theme, Is that in top center? if so try a admin note in the top center and only have admin / you to view it and see if its the same, I can give you a manual patch for it to add to the custom.css of the theme but will need to see the note and get to the site

I had a power user complain that they could not dismiss the Sticky Note when their browser screen was in any size other than Full Screen. In addition, he complains that once he does dismiss it that it comes back. Any thoughts or guidance you can provide would be appreciated.

Related question: If I make an edit to the content of a Global Sticky Note does it over-ride the Users Dismissal and re-display?

4 hours ago, JTHastings said:

I had a power user complain that they could not dismiss the Sticky Note when their browser screen was in any size other than Full Screen. In addition, he complains that once he does dismiss it that it comes back. Any thoughts or guidance you can provide would be appreciated.

full screen? what is this mobiles devices

4 hours ago, JTHastings said:

Related question: If I make an edit to the content of a Global Sticky Note does it over-ride the Users Dismissal and re-display?

If you edit it no, It will edit the text but anyone who dismissed it, then it won't show, U will need to toggle the little new setting if you want it to be shown to people who dismissed it