Sticky Notes (support topic)

A nice Addon, thank ypu.

Some suggestions, right now it shows a blank sticky note by default, even for guests. That makes no sense to me and there should be an option to disable it.

If a message is read and dismissed by an user, the message should get deleted also in the database . The privacy of my members is very important to me and this additional option would be very useful. And as far as I can see,  the user can't read all of his sent and received notes on a later time, so it makes no really sense to store the messages for longer than necessary.

2 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

A nice Addon, thank ypu.

Some suggestions, right now it shows a blank sticky note by default, even for guests. That makes no sense to me and there should be an option to disable it.

If a message is read and dismissed by an user, the message should get deleted also in the database . The privacy of my members is very important to me and this additional option would be very useful. And as far as I can see,  the user can't read all of his sent and received notes on a later time, so it makes no really sense to store the messages for longer than necessary.

it shows blank because you have the option set to show, DIsable the option will disable the notes from being shown

jspQ0Xb.png

Now it won't show a blank one, Same applies to the others DISABLE them.

It stores it in the database so the admin can view them (IF NEEDED), to delete them when dismissed will erase the read notes section in the admin panel, The reason for that is if someone sends abusive notes the admin can check its legit, There is a setting in the admin panel to delete all notes whats either "read" "unread" or "all" so its not like the database will get massive as you can delete it yourself

3 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Now it won't show a blank one, Same applies to the others DISABLE them.

Thanks, thought this option disables the addon completely.

4 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

The reason for that is if someone sends abusive notes the admin can check its legit, There is a setting in the admin panel to delete all notes whats either "read" "unread" or "all" so its not like the database will get massive as you can delete it yourself

I understand your intention behind this well, but because of privacy rules it would be nice to have an additional option like I described before.

As far as I know the private messages aren't stored in the AdminCP as well for some reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

Thanks, thought this option disables the addon completely.

I understand your intention behind this well, but because of privacy rules it would be nice to have an additional option like I described before.

As far as I know the private messages aren't stored in the AdminCP as well for some reasons. 

In the menu there is a read notes section

FTWTQqX.png

then it will bring up all sent, even if its anonymous it will show the sender, its mainly for abuse purposes

l6ccHl0.png

I will see what I can do with what you asked for

8 minutes ago, Laloca.G said:

Hi there,

I noticed that if a user attached an image to a sticky note then this image appears in the sticky notes creation window on all other users and other users can use it.

Is this a bug or a normal situation ?

Sounds like a bug, I will look into it tomorrow I am just about to go to work in a few minutes

Updated to 2.0.4

New Features

• Added admin setting to choose to hide sticky notes on mobiles, tablets or both
  • Added a setting to the global sticky notes so that if you already have say 5 notes active and you want to change note 2, then the other 4 won't show again if the user has dismissed them already, You can choose to make them see it again if you wanted
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

Just bought the app - looks very promising!

I may have more comments as I'm starting to experiment with it right now.  But one thing I did notice is that there is an unparsed language key for the Sticky Notes heading in the AdminCP, like so:

stickynotes.jpg.3ddbe93ee5e5fc35478524213941770a.jpg

Alright thanks for letting me know, I will more than likely sort it within the next couple of days, I got a couple other things left to do on my other stuff first

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

Alright thanks for letting me know, I will more than likely sort it within the next couple of days, I got a couple other things left to do on my other stuff first

I understand completely.  But I appreciate the very quick response - that's the sort of thing that makes people happy they invested in your product.  Thank you! :thumbsup:

One thing I noticed just this moment is that after clicking Mass Delete and returning to the Sticky Note tabs (1,2,etc), I find that the first 2 Notes are still populated with the old content.  Am I missing something, or shouldn't these Notes be entirely clear?

Just now, liquidfractal said:

I understand completely.  But I appreciate the very quick response - that's the sort of thing that makes people happy they invested in your product.  Thank you! :thumbsup:

No worries, I try to respond and sort any problems asap, if it was major I would stop what I was doing to push a update out, I myself hate waiting for things and responses.
I also have a couple more ideas I want to test on it as well so hopefully if it works out I will add that to it too

8 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

A suggestion for some point in the future: is there a way to work in an option to specify an expiry date for Sticky Notes as we can currently do with Announcements?  E.g., Sticky Note X will disappear (but remain in the database) after X number of days, or on date X etc?

Yeah I could look into that, I got a few days off work but also have a few requests and other things to do, I will add this to my list and will get back to you about it with-in a few days

Another suggestion: I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but would it be possible to configure an on-screen location (i.e. top/bottom, left/right) for each Sticky Note as opposed to having them all in the same location?  Moreover, what about adding a "side" option?

Anyway, these are meant productively and not critically - really enjoying the app!

1 hour ago, liquidfractal said:

Another suggestion: I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but would it be possible to configure an on-screen location (i.e. top/bottom, left/right) for each Sticky Note as opposed to having them all in the same location?  Moreover, what about adding a "side" option?

Anyway, these are meant productively and not critically - really enjoying the app!

That seems do-able too, It's all cool I like new idea's and if they are good / I can, I will always update with them

5 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

A suggestion for some point in the future: is there a way to work in an option to specify an expiry date for Sticky Notes as we can currently do with Announcements?  E.g., Sticky Note X will disappear (but remain in the database) after X number of days, or on date X etc?

This is what I came up for the expiry dates

xCknRC4.png

Am still working on a few things so not yet ready (I like to work on multiple together so I don't get to stressed out over 1 thing lol)

6 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

Multiple positions will be in the update too

KDvo0Jq.png