Jump to content

Sticky Notes (support topic)


TheJackal84

Recommended Posts

What if someone starts to insult another member with sticky notes? Can he do something to block that member from sending him more sticky notes?

It would not be very pleasant if you open the site and you see a big sticky note saying "F*ck You!"

Edited by RevengeFNF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RevengeFNF said:

What if someone starts to insult another member with sticky notes? Can he do something to block that member from sending him more sticky notes?

It would not be very pleasant if you open the site and you see a big sticky note saying "F*ck You!"

Ah good point!

Maybe user settings to disallow sticky notes globally and from x members?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RevengeFNF said:

What if someone starts to insult another member with sticky notes? Can he do something to block that member from sending him more sticky notes?

It would not be very pleasant if you open the site and you see a big sticky note saying "F*ck You!"

 

8 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Ah good point!

Maybe user settings to disallow sticky notes globally and from x members?

For now they will need to report it to the admin/staff, then the admin/staff can check it in the ACP and block them sending sticky notes altogether

9 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Can there be an auto prune or cron to handle the deleted notes based on x amount of time?

then it will wipe them from the ACP menu, It will be better to do manually using the mass delete, you might miss a sticky note what is send like @RevengeFNF said, you will need proof, auto prune will wipe that proof and the new menu will let admins read everything anonymous or not

Edited by TheJackal84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Updated to 2.0.0

Updated to a application, Some new features include

Personal Sticky Notes

  • Members can receive a unlimited amount of sticky notes
  • Members can send anonymous sticky notes (If selected in the new ACP menu)
  • Time & date added to the sticky notes (For example "1 hour ago", "1 day ago", "18th July")
  • You now send sticky notes from the users create bar

Personal Sticky Notes ACP Menu

  • Allow members to send anonymous sticky notes
  • View all sent sticky notes showing the note, senders name, receivers name, if its anonymous or not (admin can still see who sent it), the date and time it was sent and if its dismissed or not, with a delete button to delete each one
  • The database could get quite big (depending on your site and the users using it) so there is a mass delete menu where you can choose to mass delete either all READ, UNREAD or ALL,  you can also delete from selected members or groups

Personal Sticky Notes ACP Member Group Settings

  • Set how many sticky notes member groups can send in a day

Personal Sticky Notes ACP Member Settings

  • block certain members from sending personal sticky notes

Global Sticky Notes ACP Menu

  • Have up to 10 global sticky notes
  • New setting to change the pin holding the sticky note to a bit of sticky tape

And more

If you have 1.0.3 or below installed uninstall that as its a plugin and will conflict with this app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

@TheJackal84

What version of IPS does the app support?

IPS: 4.1.19.4

I'm not sure what happened, but when I installed 2.0.0 it blanked my ACP and site. I had to rename the stickynotes folder in the application group via ftp to correct itself.

There were no errors logged in the ACP. It's just a blank white page.

it's 4.2 as it's the only version available by IPS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Unlucky said:

think its working ok now

i reinstall plugin and deleted again and reinstalled app, run support tool and now it appears ok

there was still a little bug with it not changing so I have updated it

Updated to 2.0.1

Bug Fix

  • Fixed bug where global sticky note weren't potitioning left when selected in the settings
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

There is a bug in sticky notes which is causing the football app to make the admin and front end of site just show a white blank page @newbie LAC has found it when troubleshooting his app on our site.

I have asked him if he can provide more info.

 

More info would be helpful then him just saying there is a bug with sticky notes, Without football app installed its all fine, sounds like something clashes which ain't a bug with sticky notes

Edited by TheJackal84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,

Please change access level to \IPS\Dispatcher\stickynotes_hook_Outputs::baseJs

Location: applications\stickynotes\hooks\Outputs.php

Original method

	protected static function baseJs()

Your 

	static public function basejs()

This will cause an error for other hooks which overridden that method and installed after your app.

I also recommend to check other overridden methods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

Please change access level to \IPS\Dispatcher\stickynotes_hook_Outputs::baseJs

Location: applications\stickynotes\hooks\Outputs.php

Original method


	protected static function baseJs()

Your 


	static public function basejs()

This will cause an error for other hooks which overridden that method and installed after your app.

I also recommend to check other overridden methods.

Will do, I have been adding activerecords to it anyway so will change that too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Will do, I have been adding activerecords to it anyway so will change that too

Hi,

Do you know what the timeframe is please as I just upgraded Babble to the latest version and that has white screened my site too

I have disabled sticky notes to get things working, but really want to use them

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Do you know what the timeframe is please as I just upgraded Babble to the latest version and that has white screened my site too

I have disabled sticky notes to get things working, but really want to use them

thanks

Updated to 2.0.2

Bug Fix

  • Fixed bug where javascript could conflict with other installed apps
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...