Sticky Notes (support topic)

3 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

@TheJackal84...just wanted to say I really like the way you keep improving this app - keep it up! :thumbsup:

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but one person's two cents: it might be easier to provide groups who can send personal SNs with the ability to delete old notes in their management screen so that the Admin doesn't have to do it all the time.  Or did you do this for a specific reason?

Also: has anyone brought up the idea of email notifications for new SNs?

No problem, This is one of my favourite apps so I love playing with it and seeing where it can get, I can add it so people can delete their own yeah but I will need to do a work around for the counts etc like the widgets as it uses the count from the database to bring the stats and removing notes will remove them from the stat count, so maybe I can add a new table for stats etc that way the notes can be deleted by the users and the stats won't change

Updated to 2.1.0

New Features

• Members can now block other members from sending them personal sticky notes via their profile setting page
  • Added the ability for members to mass dismiss personal sticky notes ( This can be turned on or off in the ACP settings of the personal sticky notes )
  • Added the ability to hide the ' send sticky note ' link on the members topic posts via the ACP settings of the personal sticky notes
  • Added a little note count bubble to the dismiss button on personal sticky notes showing the amount of notes they have got to dismiss ( This will only show if there is more than 1 )

I made a test note tried to edit that note actually had dismissed it then set the new tab over so can see it again

yet dismissed it again.

it also doesn't work well with editing the global notes something not working right

i signed in as a completely different user and no notes at all.. nothing

yeah my global sticky arent working correctly it seems they worked a few times but i dismissed 

trying to edit note ONE space not working

i think i messed up the first note area by trying to edit it too much the note 2 and 3 seem to work ok

i uninstalled it and reinstalled it it had the same notes in there something wrong when one trys to edit a note

not sure but also seems like once one has dismissed a note a couple times no way to get it back even with a complete edit

it should be that any edit or save reissues the note to all

that all we get is 20 notes? i tried many things can not seem to get the NOTE reissued to me.

it should just reissue with every saves or edit

it also should reissue with the GUESTS with every page change

you might consider have a option to make it not dismissable via the X

perhaps all i am looking for is a reissue button or UNdismiss button

the new button only seems to work ONCE

it seems deleting cookies did the trick but really isnt there some other way to reinstate the notes

Edited by Donald Meek
4 hours ago, Donald Meek said:

it also doesn't work well with editing the global notes something not working right

GLobal notes are the ACP Notes they are not another 10 they are the same 10 in the ACP, its just a easy way to access them

i signed in as a completely different user and no notes at all.. nothing

As long as the theme is not away from IPS the notes will show as long as they have permission

it should be that any edit or save reissues the note to all

that all we get is 20 notes? i tried many things can not seem to get the NOTE reissued to me.

Again it has 10 notes not 20, the ACP and global are the same, note 1 on ACP is note 1 global

it should just reissue with every saves or edit

That is why there is a little button asking if it is new or not, if its not don't have it set to yes, In a older version if you issued say 5 notes then people dismissed 4 of them, you now want to add the 6th so you make a new one and click save, now all 6 notes are re-issued showing the 4 they dismissed already, when they should only see the 1 they aint dismissed and the new one you just made, that little new button will make sure only the ones you want get re-issued not all of them

it also should reissue with the GUESTS with every page change

That will not happen, it is supposed to be dismissable, not dismiss then re-appear the next time you reload

perhaps all i am looking for is a reissue button or UNdismiss button

Only personal notes have a re-issue button

you might consider have a option to make it not dismissable via the X

Then what is the point of dismissable notes?, a simple custom.css edit will allow you to hide it manually though

the new button only seems to work ONCE

the new button has no setting in the app at all, all it is for, is when you click save, it is a if the setting is yes then do this, if it is that then do this, it works fine

it seems deleting cookies did the trick but really isnt there some other way to reinstate the notes

only guest notes use cookies so it knows it is dismissed and they will automatically be cleared when their session ends, the members use the database to store their dismiss, so when you click the yes to it being new it will clear their database store of it being dismissed

Edited by TheJackal84

I just noticed that when you have multiple Sticky Notes, the most recent one seems to be on the bottom of the pile.  E.g., I left myself a couple of SNs, and another user sent me one and that was buried under the other two.

Shouldn't the most recent SN be on the very top?  Or, if they're from different users, what if they were shifted slightly from the other pile so they could be distinguished?

10 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

I just noticed that when you have multiple Sticky Notes, the most recent one seems to be on the bottom of the pile.  E.g., I left myself a couple of SNs, and another user sent me one and that was buried under the other two.

Shouldn't the most recent SN be on the very top?  Or, if they're from different users, what if they were shifted slightly from the other pile so they could be distinguished?

it shows them in order of the time and date they were sent, if I sent you a note at 7pm then jimmy sent you one at 8pm my one will be above jimmys as I sent it first, If you dismiss it then jimmys one will be next

3 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

it shows them in order of the time and date they were sent, if I sent you a note at 7pm then jimmy sent you one at 8pm my one will be above jimmys as I sent it first, If you dismiss it then jimmys one will be next

Ok, I get the logic to that.  But I wonder if there could/should be a configurable option to set most recent on top/bottom?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SammyS said:

Pre buy question

Is that possible to place a sticky note not in the forum home but, for example, in another app like classifieds. I want to use them like short tutorials

All sticky notes at the minute are global based only (Shows everywhere), But I do have it in my update notes to only display on certain apps as I have had a few requests for it already, although I can not give a time on when it will be available as I got quite a lot or requests to work through

Hello,

How I can change z-index of sticky notes? Now they appear behind my sticky navbar

Wrote about z-index as this is what I think that should be the issue. Maybe is something else. The upper and lower part of note appears but the text is coving from the header area of my theme.

Thank you

Edited by ChrisTERiS
Just now, ChrisTERiS said:

Hello,

How I can change z-index of sticky notes? Now they appear behind my sticky navbar

Wrote about z-index as this is what I think that should be the issue. Maybe is something else. The upper and lower part of note appears but the text is coving from the navbar.

Thank you

If you want to send me the url to your site, I can check it out and maybe give you a better solution or I could just give you a custom.css to do it another way

• 4 weeks later...

Great app! 

A couple of questions.  I'm using the Infraskew theme by TAMAN. When I put the sticky on top on either side it appears behind the top bar of the theme, and thus can't be seen completely or x'd out of.

Also, we had a couple of members saying that they could x out of notes sent globally from me (the admin) but when they received a sticky from another member, they couldn't x out of it.

Any thoughts?

3 hours ago, Guitar Gathering said:

Great app! 

A couple of questions.  I'm using the Infraskew theme by TAMAN. When I put the sticky on top on either side it appears behind the top bar of the theme, and thus can't be seen completely or x'd out of.

Also, we had a couple of members saying that they could x out of notes sent globally from me (the admin) but when they received a sticky from another member, they couldn't x out of it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

If you want to send me a PM with your websites URL then I will check it and give you a custom.css code for the infraskew theme

When you say they can't x out what does that mean? what happens when they click x ?

A couple of things (I am running 2.1.0):

I logged in to a test account in a group which has unlimited ability to send Personal Sticky Notes as per their group.

When this test account clicks the "Send Sticky Note" link at the bottom of a forums post to send me a SN, it gets the following error: "You are only allowed to send 0 sticky notes per day. Please try again later."  But if I set it to, say, 10 per day, it works.  So the "unlimited" option needs some debugging.

Also, when the test account manages to send a personal SN, they're bumped back to the main page, which is somewhat irritating - they should be returned to the page they were on when they clicked the "Send Sticky Note" link in my opinion.

31 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

I logged in to a test account in a group which has unlimited ability to send Personal Sticky Notes as per their group.

When this test account clicks the "Send Sticky Note" link at the bottom of a forums post to send me a SN, it gets the following error: "You are only allowed to send 0 sticky notes per day. Please try again later."  But if I set it to, say, 10 per day, it works.  So the "unlimited" option needs some debugging.

I just checked it and it all seems fine

HftEByU.png

Plf1BLa.png

33 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

Also, when the test account manages to send a personal SN, they're bumped back to the main page, which is somewhat irritating - they should be returned to the page they were on when they clicked the "Send Sticky Note" link in my opinion.

I'll sort that in the next update