Sticky Notes (support topic)

40 minutes ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

What if i wanted to show them another message?  There sould be a database cookie clear..

Then type another message. The only one what needs a cookie is the global for guests as they all have the same member ID and yes it uses a cookie for the guests. The members don't need to use cookies as they have a unique member ID so the database will store their dismiss instead of cookies

If it's a personal sticky note then the members can have 3 in total stored. If any more then it won't allow and say the member have the maximum amount of sticky notes, unless your admin, where you can edit, add and delete them

Edited by TheJackal84
On 7/21/2017 at 1:36 PM, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

yea but what if i keep writing new stickys.. and i want them to see each one

2 hours ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Yes, I would like that feature too please! :lol:

I have done it so there can be 5 global ones, I will release it in a day or two as I still got to finish it, and I also have work all day tomorrow, you will also be able to choose the colour of each one too.
CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW IT WILL LOOK AND WORK

8Uuwg4V.png

Edited by TheJackal84

Updated to 1.0.3

New Features

• You can now have up to 5 global sticky notes
  • You can now have up to 5 personal sticky notes
  • Admins and Moderators can now both delete / edit any members personal sticky notes
  • The Admin or Moderator personal sticky notes settings for members are now in their own tabs making it cleaner to look at
  • All sticky notes global or personal will stack on top of each other (Personal being on top), each being dismissable and the next one showing without having to reload the page
  • All sticky notes use full editor meaning you can upload images (what will scale down to fit) or attachments for members to download (If they have attachment upload permissions)

DEMO

Edited by TheJackal84

As far as i can see. Global notes can be sent only from ACP. :(

Global notes only can be used by acp users. :(

Could you add functionality:

• How many global/private notes can be sent over 24hrs from a single user.
  • Global notes could be used by selected group on acp.

54 minutes ago, Aivarass said:

As far as i can see. Global notes can be sent only from ACP. :(

Global notes only can be used by acp users. :(

Could you add functionality:

• How many global/private notes can be sent over 24hrs from a single user.
  • Global notes could be used by selected group on acp.

The global ACP one's shouldn't be used by everyone, Say a new member joins and then sends a sticky note to guests and all members calling them ***** and **** or **** and so on, Only trusted groups can/should set them, ie Admins or moderators with ACP access, Plus if there is 100,000 members on a site and some random member sends global sticky notes, 99,999 people probably don't care nor want to see what they have to say, Where as a Mod or Admin note will more than likely be important and worth reading.

I can look into setting a limit on uses on the personal ones though

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

The global ACP one's shouldn't be used by everyone, Say a new member joins and then sends a sticky note to guests and all members calling them ***** and **** or **** and so on, Only trusted groups can/should set them, ie Admins or moderators with ACP access, Plus if there is 100,000 members on a site and some random member sends global sticky notes, 99,999 people probably don't care nor want to see what they have to say, Where as a Mod or Admin note will more than likely be important and worth reading.

I can look into setting a limit on uses on the personal ones though

That's why i'm asking for group select.

I'm looking to add sponsored notes.

3 hours ago, Aivarass said:

Any news on this ? :)

This won't be possible with this as a plugin, it will require to much in the members database as there may be 20,000 members sending global sticky notes and all other members needing to dismiss it ( I need to think of small and big boards using it and all possible situations  ).

I am still looking into setting a sending limit per day as well as I think that's a good idea and maybe having a setting to disable certain members from using it, I have had a lot of requests for this so I am trying to work through them all and see where I go with it from there

5 hours ago, Zephers said:

Doh... NM - I had edited the css previously so it didn't overwrite on my theme so ya... fixed it!

Any time you want to edit the css, Don't edit it just add the code to your custom.css file and that will overwrite any other css file in your theme, And that way you won't need to worry about the edited files not updating on updates

14 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Any time you want to edit the css, Don't edit it just add the code to your custom.css file and that will overwrite any other css file in your theme, And that way you won't need to worry about the edited files not updating on updates

Thanks! - as much as I hack and change these things I didn't know the custom would override. That's a great tip!

OK so after a few requests for things and a lot of thought I am converting this into a application, So far it has taken me about 45 hours to convert and add new features to it, If anyone wants to buy this then buy it now, When I update this on the marketplace as a application the price will go up (not sure yet how much it depends the time it takes to finish), I will honor any purchase made while it was a plugin obviously and you won't have to pay no more for it but as soon as it's updated the new price will stick.

Some of the new features will include

Personal Sticky Notes

• Members can receive a unlimited amount of sticky notes
  • Members can send anonymous sticky notes (If selected in the new ACP menu)
  • Time & date added to the sticky notes (For example "1 hour ago", "1 day ago", "18th July")
  • You now send sticky notes from the users create bar

Personal Sticky Notes ACP Menu

• Allow members to send anonymous sticky notes
  • View all sent sticky notes showing the note, senders name, receivers name, if its anonymous or not (admin can still see who sent it), the date and time it was sent and if its dismissed or not, with a delete button to delete each one
  • The database could get quite big (depending on your site and the users using it) so there is a mass delete menu where you can choose to mass delete either all READ, UNREAD or ALL,  you can also delete from selected members or groups

Personal Sticky Notes ACP Member Group Settings

• Set how many sticky notes member groups can send in a day

Personal Sticky Notes ACP Member Settings

• block certain members from sending personal sticky notes

Global Sticky Notes ACP Menu

• Have up to 10 global sticky notes
  • New setting to change the pin holding the sticky note to a bit of sticky tape

I am still working on this and don't know when it will be ready but I am just letting you know what's to come and why the price will then go up

Edited by TheJackal84

Will it also be possible to select a sticky note to appear on different parts of the site, say on the clubs home page or gallery home page etc

That would enable us to have quick tips on how to use each section, or a brief note and link to an an ip pages page with full instructions / FAQ

On 7/30/2017 at 11:44 AM, TheJackal84 said:

OK so after a few requests for things and a lot of thought I am converting this into a application, So far it has taken me about 45 hours to convert and add new features to it, If anyone wants to buy this then buy it now, When I update this on the marketplace as a application the price will go up (not sure yet how much it depends the time it takes to finish), I will honor any purchase made while it was a plugin obviously and you won't have to pay no more for it but as soon as it's updated the new price will stick.

Some of the new features will include

Personal Sticky Notes

• Members can receive a unlimited amount of sticky notes
  • Members can send anonymous sticky notes (If selected in the new ACP menu)
  • Time & date added to the sticky notes (For example "1 hour ago", "1 day ago", "18th July")
  • You now send sticky notes from the users create bar

Personal Sticky Notes ACP Menu

• Allow members to send anonymous sticky notes
  • View all sent sticky notes showing the note, senders name, receivers name, if its anonymous or not (admin can still see who sent it), the date and time it was sent and if its dismissed or not, with a delete button to delete each one
  • The database could get quite big (depending on your site and the users using it) so there is a mass delete menu where you can choose to mass delete either all READ, UNREAD or ALL,  you can also delete from selected members or groups

Personal Sticky Notes ACP Member Group Settings

• Set how many sticky notes member groups can send in a day

Personal Sticky Notes ACP Member Settings

• block certain members from sending personal sticky notes

Global Sticky Notes ACP Menu

• Have up to 10 global sticky notes
  • New setting to change the pin holding the sticky note to a bit of sticky tape

I am still working on this and don't know when it will be ready but I am just letting you know what's to come and why the price will then go up

I love you haha! 

Would there be a way to create global sricky notes from the create menu?

Can there be an auto prune or cron to handle the deleted notes based on x amount of time?