Jump to content

Community

Recommended Posts

Thank you so much. My plan, is tell people that during a set time and date, whatever the amount of donation is made, I will add 1 ticket per dollar donated. I will then manually add the persons name, with the amount of tickets they've earned.

This way they can make a donation normally, and I will use the Raffles plugin for displaying the prize(s) publicly, and showing who is in the "Contest" and how many tickets they have earned.

Could I use the 'Giveaway' setting and still be able to do this?

Thank you for your help by answering my questions.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This application will allow members to create and manage raffles and giveaways on your board. Notice: Compatibility: IPS 4.2 only! Requirement: Commerce: https://i

I don't understand why people don't get it? The app maker asked you to do this... if you don't like the answer then don't use the app or buy it. As you see below the app maker has topic's which you ca

I've made a change today.. probably will fix it because it handles currencies (default or member language/currency). Try it yourself. Open applications\raffles\modules\front\raffles\view.php and find:

Posted Images

Is it possible to set up a raffle, but not allow them to "BUY" tickets. So I can manually add their names and amount of ticets to the raffle?

Is it possible to change all references to the word "raffle" to "contest"?

Thank you.

Sorry for all the questions, but money is very tight right now, I want to make sure if I buy the plugin I will actually be able to use it the way I'd like. Unless you offer refunds if it doesn't work out for me, that would be great. Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SC36DC said:

Is it possible to set up a raffle, but not allow them to "BUY" tickets. So I can manually add their names and amount of ticets to the raffle?

No.

Just now, SC36DC said:

Is it possible to change all references to the word "raffle" to "contest"?

Yes.

 

1 minute ago, SC36DC said:

Unless you offer refunds if it doesn't work out for me

No.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Adriano, I have a problem on a second site and second purchase/install of Raffles.  I am using it as Giveaways only, but when members manually join, it shows them joining, but no ticket.  If I add them myself, it allocates one ticket (correctly).  I have been through the settings and do cannot find what is causing difference.

Here is a screenshot of a raffle - two members joined, only one ticket showing.

image.thumb.png.b74d95026838ff49470cc0d98ac2e47b.png

 

https://www.azsportsforums.com/raffles/raffle/2-arizona-cardinals-officially-licensed-fleece-throw/

Let me know if I can provide any more data.  Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BradTBP said:

Adriano, I have a problem on a second site and second purchase/install of Raffles.  I am using it as Giveaways only, but when members manually join, it shows them joining, but no ticket.  If I add them myself, it allocates one ticket (correctly).  I have been through the settings and do cannot find what is causing difference.

Here is a screenshot of a raffle - two members joined, only one ticket showing.

image.thumb.png.b74d95026838ff49470cc0d98ac2e47b.png

 

https://www.azsportsforums.com/raffles/raffle/2-arizona-cardinals-officially-licensed-fleece-throw/

Let me know if I can provide any more data.  Thank you.

Actually, there is no ticket in giveaways. Ticket is used when you purchase the participation but then this would be a raffle. I forgot to remove it from the cover photo area. Below is right:

LR9ZTDk.png

You don't see Tickets there and it is like that since 1.0.0. "Tickets" are hidden everywhere when it's a giveaway; I forgot that specific place, which were added later.

I will release a new version to remove it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It may not be that then.  Either way, I have settings set to Pick Winners Automatically, but that is not happening.  I thought it was because of no ticket.   I just ran a second one with two entrants.  It has ended with a winner not being selected.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BradTBP said:

It may not be that then.  Either way, I have settings set to Pick Winners Automatically, but that is not happening.  I thought it was because of no ticket.   I just ran a second one with two entrants.  It has ended with a winner not being selected.    

Nope, nothing related to tickets in task. It simply checks if the raffle is open, expired and completed, then it performs a query in the participants table and pick one (or how many are required, according to the numbre of prizes).

I'll create a giveaway and will test it. 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BradTBP said:

It may not be that then.  Either way, I have settings set to Pick Winners Automatically, but that is not happening.  I thought it was because of no ticket.   I just ran a second one with two entrants.  It has ended with a winner not being selected.    

All fine here too. A winner was picked as it was expected:

I will wait a couple of days to update the app on marketplace. In the meantime, send a PM so I can try to figure out what's going on in your install. 👍

Edited by Adriano Faria
Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally purchased this. I want to set it up strictly for Giveaways, I have been looking through the settings, and I have no idea where to start. How do I set it up, where do I add the prize/prizes, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Under COMMUNITY I see 

Raffles
Raffles
Categories
Extra Fields
Settings


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

I finally purchased this. I want to set it up strictly for Giveaways, I have been looking through the settings, and I have no idea where to start. How do I set it up, where do I add the prize/prizes, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Under COMMUNITY I see 

Raffles
Raffles
Categories
Extra Fields
Settings


 


Thank you for purchasing it. 
 

1: Create a category and choose only Giveaways on the second tab.

2: Crate a giveaway on the public side (you can use the + Create menu) then once is created, you will see a button to add prizes on the giveaway view. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Because the word "Raffle", "Raffles" is everywhere, instead of calling it a 'Giveaway', is it possible to set it as a Raffle but allow people to enter for FREE?

2. Or, is it possible to change the word "Raffle", "Raffles", to the word "Contest"?

3. I set up a Raffle and wanted to see if I could set the price for a ticket to $0.00, and I could. So this way I can use the word Raffle, but it is a FREE Raffle. Under the prize image on the Raffle page on the front end, it states "No Value Specified", is it possible to remove this text or even change it to show $0.00 or even put "FREE RAFFLE", or change it to anything else?

4. When setting an amount for 'Content Count' for example 5, does this apply to only posting on the forum? Would it apply if they posted an image in the Gallery? Or maybe even created a listing in the Classifieds plugin? 

Thank you for the quick reply on how to get started, that really helped.

Edited by SC36DC
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

1. Because the word "Raffle", "Raffles" is everywhere, instead of calling it a 'Giveaway', is it possible to set it as a Raffle but allow people to enter for FREE?

2. Or, is it possible to change the word "Raffle", "Raffles", to the word "Contest"?

Yes, the app is Raffles. You can create giveaways, but it is a “free” raffle. You can change any language bit in your own ACP:

or

 

39 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

3. I set up a Raffle and wanted to see if I could set the price for a ticket to $0.00, and I could. So this way I can use the word Raffle, but it is a FREE Raffle. Under the prize image on the Raffle page on the front end, it states "No Value Specified", is it possible to remove this text or even change it to show $0.00 or even put "FREE RAFFLE", or change it to anything else?

No. Free raffle = giveaway. The error here is allow to create with 0.00. That will be fixed tomorrow. 

40 minutes ago, SC36DC said:

4. When setting an amount for 'Content Count' for example 5, does this apply to only posting on the forum? Would it apply if they posted an image in the Gallery? Or maybe even created a listing in the Classifieds plugin? 

Content is everything: Forums posts, adverts (from Classifieds), Blog entries, Downloads files, Gallery images, etc, and their comments and reviews. That’s how IPS4 works. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the quick replies. My partner who works on the forum with me had a good question regarding the 'Content Count' setting.

For example, if I set the 'Content Count' to 5, does this mean for anyone that already has over 5 for their Content Count, automatically qualifies to enter, or does the 'Content Count' start counting once the Raffle starts. Meaning if someone already have 1,000 posts, that person would still need to make add an additional 5 counts of content between the time the raffle starts and by the time it ends?

Many thanks!!
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be great if the Content Count started as the Raffle started, as this would encourage members that use to be active to be active again, at least to meet the requirement set. Is there anyway to add this in a future update, or would it be too complicated. So sorry for all the questions, I don't mean to bug. I am just trying to figure things out and get the most out of your great plugin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I figured it would be too much. No problem at all. If you are going to be updating the plugin anyways, I found a minor typo.

This raffle isn' published.

It should read: The raffle isn't published.

I'll be sure to leave a proper rating for this amazing plugin. Great work on it. Thank you for creating it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 6:37 AM, BradTBP said:

Adriano, I have a problem on a second site and second purchase/install of Raffles.  I am using it as Giveaways only, but when members manually join, it shows them joining, but no ticket.  If I add them myself, it allocates one ticket (correctly).  I have been through the settings and do cannot find what is causing difference.

Here is a screenshot of a raffle - two members joined, only one ticket showing.

image.thumb.png.b74d95026838ff49470cc0d98ac2e47b.png

 

https://www.azsportsforums.com/raffles/raffle/2-arizona-cardinals-officially-licensed-fleece-throw/

Let me know if I can provide any more data.  Thank you.

Thanks for your hep @Adriano Faria ...Looks like it was my user/site error and the Raffles app is functioning as intended.  Your very responsive and support your products.  Thank you very much!!!

Brad

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy