Raffles System

Yes, you are. If you believe you found s bug then report it in my Tracker as I request in this file Support Info section. I’ll take a look when I release a new version. 

Suggestions and Bugs report:

Credentials: 

User: your user her

Password: your email here

What's New in Version 1.0.8:

Enhancement:

• Restrictions fields now are available while you're editing a raffle/giveaway if the raffle/giveaway hasn't particpants yet.

Fixes:

• Limit of participants in raffle/giveaway wasn't working
  • Missing language bit

@Nebthtet, take a look in your report: http://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/raffles/post-announcing-winners-apprars-in-wrong-language-r410/

11 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I can't find this language string in the language file Guests do not have permission to participate in Giveaway.

Where can I update that?

Thanks

I am using Version 1.0.8

Hey :)

Try with this key in edit language page : 

raffle_cant_participate_nopermission_guest

i7oGllt.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adriano,

I just rechecked the raffles app and have detected some issues and I would also like to suggest some enhancements.

Bugs:

• If you add a group manually to a raffle, after the group is added, you are redirected to another page. But if you then go back in your browser (by using the browser back button), it has added ALL community members to the raffle. It shouldn't act like this.
  • If single members are added manually
    # then the app permissions are not honored. F.e. I only allowed admins for testing, but it also adds members, which don't have access to the app, too.
    # then the maximum participants are not honored
    # then the raffle restrictions aren't honored either. F.e. I add a group, but the restriction states "only members with at least 100 posts are allowed", but it selects the whole group and also members with no posts...
  • If I create a raffle, I can't add myself. Not even via the action menu. But as soon as I add the admin group (and I'm part of this one), I will be added. I think I should always be able to add myself to a raffle.
  • If members are added (individually or per group), they don't receive any notification

Enhancements:

• Please add a function to "remove ALL participators", especially for testing purposes
  • Let the author edit the raffle restrictions after initial submission (=saving the raffle) for as long as there aren't any participators. There are a lot of cases where I require to change the restrictions again. Finetuning often happens after initial submission.
  • "Has opted in for bulk mail" should be added as a restriction. This is one of the most important features in the community but almost never honored. The raffle could check in intervals (f.e. once a week), if the members are still opted in. If not, they should be removed. This would be extremely good for marketing purposes.
  • Please allow "secret participants" as an option. I want to have raffles/giveaways with anonymous members. Members who own a ticket in such a secret raffle, should be displayed to admins only. Instead of displaying the member avatars and the usernames, just display a blank or black default avatar with the description "secret"
  • I suggest to have a special raffle/giveaway type, where participants must be added manually (you can't buy paid or free tickets). Only manual additions are possible!
  • Is there an option for "automation rules" integration already? I would like to suggest, that an action could be established with a rule: "if member x does y, then add a free ticket for this member in raffle z"

Please consider these enhancements. Thanks.

First three enhancement suggestions look really nice to me too :).

Also recently I've noticed that even if I manually put "0" in reputation requirements and untick the field it doesn't honor that setting - I can't set minimum reputation allowed for participation to "zero" (If I wanted to eliminate from the pool of participants anyone with -1 rep or less).

Took some time to try to replicate the "bugs". So:

8 hours ago, Cyboman said:
  • If you add a group manually to a raffle, after the group is added, you are redirected to another page. But if you then go back in your browser (by using the browser back button), it has added ALL community members to the raffle. It shouldn't act like this.

Works fine to me:

I'm redirected to the raffle, as it should.

If single members are added manually
# then the app permissions are not honored. F.e. I only allowed admins for testing, but it also adds members, which don't have access to the app, too.
# then the maximum participants are not honored
# then the raffle restrictions aren't honored either. F.e. I add a group, but the restriction states "only members with at least 100 posts are allowed", but it selects the whole group and also members with no posts...

Not a bug. manually here means freely. Moderator/Admin are free to add who they want to add, freely. That's how it was planned, developed and that's how it works since 1.0.0 and that won't change. You can simply disable the moderator permission that allows the mod to add people, If you disagree.

If I create a raffle, I can't add myself. Not even via the action menu. But as soon as I add the admin group (and I'm part of this one), I will be added. I think I should always be able to add myself to a raffle.

Agree and disagree. Submitter should NEVER be added to a raffle/giveaway. It will sound a bit weird if the submitter wins the prize! I will fix this. Just submitted a bug report in your behalf: https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/tracker/raffles/submitter-beeing-added-manually-in-the-raffle-r414/

If members are added (individually or per group), they don't receive any notification

Not a bug because this isn't a feature. Technically, bug is a malfunction in some existing feature. That's the notifications for this app:

eiKiyl7.png

Let the author edit the raffle restrictions after initial submission (=saving the raffle) for as long as there aren't any participators. There are a lot of cases where I require to change the restrictions again. Finetuning often happens after initial submission.

This is a feature in 1.0.8:

k6b1DA9.png

Please add a function to "remove ALL participators", especially for testing purposes

Agree: https://www.sosinvision.com.br/ips4/index.php?/topic/942-remove-all-members-from-rafflegiveaway/

The rest I don't have any interest.

If you disagree with something and wants to keep the conversation, please use the right channel for this app, as stated in this file description:

Suggestions and Bugs report:

Edited by Adriano Faria
Just now, silenceheaven said:

I'm getting this error when installing for the first time:

The application you are attempting to install appears to be installed already. To reinstall the application you must first uninstall it.

There's a notice for this in the file description:

THIS IS NOT AN UPGRADE of the old app (for IP.Board 3), so if you used the old app you probably still have data from the old app in your database, take a read on Manual.pdf in the zip file or request support BEFORE you install this app.

1 minute ago, silenceheaven said:

Does this allow for raffles that do not require payment?

Create GIVEAWAY only. People won't be required to pay to participate.

UPDATE `raffles_categories` raffles_categories  SET `rc_name_furl`='game-giveaways',`rc_parent`=0,`rc_icon`=NULL,`rc_sortorder`='updated',`rc_sortby`='DESC',`rc_sharing`=true,`rc_raffles_type`='{"raffle":0,"giveaway":1}',`rc_newmoderated`=true,`rc_allowcomments`=true,`rc_comments_moderated`=false,`rc_allowreviews`=false,`rc_reviews_moderated`=NULL,`rc_min_prizes`=1,`rc_max_prizes`=3,`rc_maxss`=0,`rc_maxdims`='0x0',`rc_tags_disabled`=false,`rc_tags_noprefixes`=false,`rc_forum_on`=false,`rc_forum`=0,`rc_prefix`=NULL,`rc_suffix`=NULL,`rc_delete_topic`=1 WHERE rc_id=2
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'rc_reviews_moderated' cannot be null (1048)

When creating a new category.