Clubs Enhancements

@Phil McDougall, please, ask your questions in the topic. I don't have how to reply in the review.

Just wondering though is there a way to still edit the sub forums of forums once you've converted them to clubs? Seem to have lost that ability completely after moving them.

it is just like a feature created directly in the club. From now on you can only edit TITLE and DESCRIPTION:

Capturar.png

Capturar1.png

A "converted" forum do not appear in MANAGE FORUMS, the same way a forum created as a feature in the club do not appear.

If you're talking about SUBFORUMS, then you should have moved the subforums before the conversion, since CLUBS do not has subforums/subcategories.

I will leave a message to clarify this. Drop me a PM and I'll fix it directly on DB to you.

@Adriano Faria thanks for the reply. Sorry i posted in the wrong place. 

Ok, so clubs basically limits the capabilities of sub forums? Would it be better to flatten them then? Once you've converted the forums to clubs it still leaves them on the Forums tab of your site. Is there then a way of removing them from there so they can only be see by visiting through Clubs?

Just now, Phil McDougall said:

Ok, so clubs basically limits the capabilities of sub forums? Would it be better to flatten them then?

Yes, Clubs do not allow subforums/subcategories. I'm working to make it possible, in a future version, as you can see here: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/438764-clubs-enhancements/?do=findComment&comment=2700417

In the meantime, I will not allow this conversion if it has subforums/subcategories. I will add this restriction to the plugin.

2 minutes ago, Phil McDougall said:

Once you've converted the forums to clubs it still leaves them on the Forums tab of your site. Is there then a way of removing them from there so they can only be see by visiting through Clubs?

Send a PM with your URL and ACP access. I'll take a look today later to fix this.

Just now, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, Clubs do not allow subforums/subcategories. I'm working to make it possible, in a future version, as you can see here: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/438764-clubs-enhancements/?do=findComment&comment=2700417

In the meantime, I will not allow this conversion if it has subforums/subcategories. I will add this restriction to the plugin.

Send a PM with your URL and ACP access. I'll take a look today later to fix this.

Perfect thanks, Will do that now.

What's New in Version 1.0.7:

Fix/Improvement:

• Since CLUBS doesn't has subforums/sucategories, plugin now will not allow to convert a forum/category to a club feature if the forum/cateegory has subforums/subcategories.

New Feature:

• New setting: Display 'Browse clubs by location' on Club Directory?. This setting will only appear if you allow location in clubs.

Hi,

Arhhh,  so am I correct in thinking you are looking to do this as I thought your post was related to sub forum categories?

So your future release will alllow me to say have categories for types of clubs.

So someone can start a rugby club club in category walking rubgy, someone else can create a football club club in a walking football category, someone else can create a waking netball club club in a walking netball category etc etc?

And we can have a main page with a list of top level categories people can drill down

If this is correct that is wonderful news

17 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, it's in my plan. Today it already works but has that issue with the feature tab. I'll give some time to work in other resources then I'll try this.

Hi,

As I have a brand new greenfield site and do not have anything to convert - Is it possible to have the version to play around with that would allow me to create the categories?

2 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

As I have a brand new greenfield site and do not have anything to convert - Is it possible to have the version to play around with that would allow me to create the categories?

No, I have nothing done yet. I just updated the parent column on forums table and it appears there. I have to work in the tabs stuff, add the node field in the forms, etc.

Adriano, its great that you are proving that it works on your system, the issue is, its not working right on mine.  I just bought it from you this morning, installed it and this is what is happening.  I didn't alter it, nothing.  I am trying to find out why it's happening.  Proving to the world that it's just my issue isn't helping me resolve this. I want it to work, god how many things have I purchased from you.  Tons.  I am not saying anything bad, I just have a bug and looking to find an answer but all you keep telling me is, "it works for me"

Edited by JEFF MACK
Just now, JEFF MACK said:

Adriano, its great that you are proving that it works on your system, the issue is, its not working right on mine.  I just bought it from you this morning, installed it and this is what is happening.  I didn't alter it, nothing.  I am trying to find out why it's happening.  Proving to the world that it's just my issue isn't helping me resolve this. I want it to work, got how many things have I purchased from you.  Tons.  I am not saying anything bad, I just have a bug and looking to find an answer but all you keep telling me is, "it works for me"

That's why I asked to ALL other buyers if they can reproduce it, because I can't! I can't fix something  that works and seems right to me and that's how things works. Why do you think IPS replies tons of bug reports with CLOSE or CAN'T REPRODUCE, because it can be something specific to your install!

Anyway I will wait for other opinions then when it's time, I'll request access to your community to check it out.

4 minutes ago, JEFF MACK said:

I want it to work, god how many things have I purchased from you.  Tons.  I am not saying anything bad,

That wasn't the way you were talking in the PM, that's why I left it.

Well I think i figured it out. Its that secondary group toggle.  I watched your video, and when I don't touch it, it imports all those other users.  I just tested it again, and this time I turned it on, then back off again, and it worked properly.  Just the 13 people came in.  

Just now, JEFF MACK said:

Well I think i figured it out. Its that secondary group toggle.  I watched your video, and when I don't touch it, it imports all those other users.  I just tested it again, and this time I turned it on, then back off again, and it worked properly.  Just the 13 people came in.  

So all your users has secondary groups? I mean, the "hundreds" you said?