Adding an RSS news feed at the top of the forum home page

Hi! What's the best way to add an RSS feed block to a forum module?

The forum is https://www.alfredforum.com which is our Alfred users' community. I'd love to add in a block above the forum sections, where I can insert the RSS feed for our blog, allowing users to see a summary of the latest blog post or two (which highlights new features, shares tutorials, etc) 

We're using the cloud-hosted version of IPBoard, if that makes any difference to what functionality is available to us.

Thanks in advance :)

Vero

9 minutes ago, Vero Pepperrell said:

Hi! What's the best way to add an RSS feed block to a forum module?

The forum is https://www.alfredforum.com which is our Alfred users' community. I'd love to add in a block above the forum sections, where I can insert the RSS feed for our blog, allowing users to see a summary of the latest blog post or two (which highlights new features, shares tutorials, etc) 

We're using the cloud-hosted version of IPBoard, if that makes any difference to what functionality is available to us.

Thanks in advance :)

Vero

The pages app has a rss feed block. Just create a new block within your ACP => Pages => Blocks, create a new block and choose Plugin => RSS Import.
Once you have created this, go back to your frontend to the forums application and add this block via the Sidebar Block Manager => Pages => Custom Block Option

btw, thx for alfred. I'm a huge alfred app and alfred remote fan ?

18 hours ago, fosters said:

The pages app has a rss feed block. Just create a new block within your ACP => Pages => Blocks, create a new block and choose Plugin => RSS Import.
Once you have created this, go back to your frontend to the forums application and add this block via the Sidebar Block Manager => Pages => Custom Block Option

btw, thx for alfred. I'm a huge alfred app and alfred remote fan ?

Thank you so much for your help! We've got the feed up in the corner now, which should hopefully help users discover the tips we're posting.

Glad to hear Alfred's useful to you and thanks for the kind words! :D 

Cheers,
Vero

Archived