Likes need two clicks now?

Square Wheels

2 hours ago, Charles said:

I just liked your post with one click.

1 hour ago, Daniel F said:

It requires 2 clicks on touch devices (how else would you handle this?) but only 1 everywhere else. Once you hover over the icon, all possible reactions are shown and you can click on any of them => 1 click

Ahh, that must be it.  I have a new Surface laptop.  It requires two clicks.  Not intuitive, but if that's the way it needs to be...

3 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Once you hover over the icon, all possible reactions are shown and you can click on any of them => 1 click

The problem is that they don't appear always.

Randomly it's possible to have luck with them.

On 6/24/2017 at 6:36 PM, superj707 said:

Long press shows all options

short press is one click like

Needs to be setup like stated in this quote. Seems like a simple solution. We need long and short press to be utilized.

• Management
On 6/24/2017 at 8:46 PM, Square Wheels said:

Ahh, that must be it.  I have a new Surface laptop.  It requires two clicks.  Not intuitive, but if that's the way it needs to be...

Well you are missing a major point: in 4.2 you can have multiple reaction types.

In 4.1 and below you only had "like" as an option so, yes, it only took one tap because there was only one option. You can of course do this in 4.2 too if you do not want multiple reaction types. Just delete all but "like" and it will work just like it does in 4.1 and below.

I must admit this has been a concern of mine too. As mentioned I think a long press on mobile should give the options and then move to your selection, where you would then take your finger off the screen to select it = one press. One short press should = like.

We as a society have now degenerated to the point where we have to debate over whether or not clicking a button twice is requiring too much effort out of someone wishing to merely indicate that they like a post in a forum.

5 hours ago, Charles said:

Well you are missing a major point: in 4.2 you can have multiple reaction types.

In 4.1 and below you only had "like" as an option so, yes, it only took one tap because there was only one option. You can of course do this in 4.2 too if you do not want multiple reaction types. Just delete all but "like" and it will work just like it does in 4.1 and below.

I understand what it does.  I was on my laptop.  Moved my mouse over the icon, clicked it, it did nothing until I clicked it again.  This wasn't my phone or table, but my laptop.  On my desktop, I move my mouse, click it, the default is then selected.  Seems like it should respond similarly on a laptop.

On 06/25/2017 at 0:57 AM, Daniel F said:

It requires 2 clicks on touch devices (how else would you handle this?) but only 1 everywhere else. Once you hover over the icon, all possible reactions are shown and you can click on any of them => 1 click

one touch = like, or predefined reaction if setted.

one press = show menu

18 hours ago, marklcfc said:

As mentioned I think a long press on mobile should give the options and then move to your selection, where you would then take your finger off the screen to select it = one press. One short press should = like.

Yes this!! Seems the most obvious and natural feeling approach.

I know IPS isn't Facebook, and I actually don't like FB a whole lot, but I was just there on this same device.  Clicking the default Like link brought up the other choices, but also the first click selected the default like.

Maybe we could have something like that for mobile?

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/06/2017 at 10:11 PM, marklcfc said:

I must admit this has been a concern of mine too. As mentioned I think a long press on mobile should give the options and then move to your selection, where you would then take your finger off the screen to select it = one press. One short press should = like.

Any chance of this happening? Or even a hook to allow it to work that way? Probably not easy to change though 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived