Pages: Show database listing based on search

bpn

To get the query data, you just make this search and then copy the stuff you need from the URL. 

• The filter looks something like …&content_field_286[1]= 
  • The ordering looks something like  …&sortby=record_comments&sortdirection=desc

The problem is though: filter fields are user-specific. There is no one link that works for everyone. You would have to dynamically create the link in the template adding a csrfKey. 

Many thanks. Not sure what you mean by user-specific, I haven't seen that in any query-links.

If I just use the sort order button in the default database listing display I get this URL, example: domain.com/pagename/?d=3&sortby=field_5&sortdirection=desc

"d=3": the database ID is 3.

How do I add the search-part, I have tried &field_5=searchstring, but that does not work. Same for &content_field_5[1]=searchstring. (not knowing the meaning of 'content_field' and [1])

On 6/19/2017 at 8:13 PM, bpn said:

Many thanks. Not sure what you mean by user-specific, I haven't seen that in any query-links.

Example: https://invisioncommunity.com/4bugtrack/alpha-and-beta-reports/

Select a status in the filter menu and click update. 

Check the resulting URL:

https://invisioncommunity.com/4bugtrack/alpha-and-beta-reports/?advanced_search_submitted=1&csrfKey=d75ae71a4aa6c02c7a63a6df46c272eb&content_field_106[1]=2&sortby=record_last_comment&sortdirection=desc&record_type=all&time_frame=show_all

See the csrfKey? That’s dynamically created. We can’t create a general, public link that would link to the search result pages. Yes, it sucks, but if that’s what you are trying to do, don’t bother. It won’t work. 

• 4 months later...

Not sure what you mean. Who sees which links in which situation?

The point of these keys is that they are unique to each user. They won’t work for different users. That’s the point. 
They also don’t protect any sensitive data in the cases shown above – just temporary, personal database filter settings.  

Archived