(DF42) Profile Video

Firstly I would like to say that you are amazing for making this, been looking for this for a long time now but I have a slight problem. When I add the youtube video it creates the frame but no video shows up. I have tried multiple themes, videos and also reinstalled it. 

Just now, James12343 said:

Firstly I would like to say that you are amazing for making this, been looking for this for a long time now but I have a slight problem. When I add the youtube video it creates the frame but no video shows up. I have tried multiple themes, videos and also reinstalled it. 

Thanks and don't use the url its the embed code src url needed

KqnvnRV.png

5 hours ago, iDeath said:

IMO this would be amazing if instead of adding a widget you replaced the user's timeline with the video.

Replaced the timeline? I wouldn't add it to replace the timeline as that's important to most people but I could probably add it above the timeline with a choice of where to put it, For example in the blocks like it is now or below the tabs, The remaining content like the members activity will be below the video

RUhhtRd.png

@TheJackal84 I guarantee if you replaced the timeline with the video option, set it to autoplay and removed youtube overlay it'll be the most popular option between customers. This is not replacing a users timeline this is leveling it up for the most part. This is just a wild idea and by no means a request.

16 hours ago, iDeath said:

@TheJackal84 I guarantee if you replaced the timeline with the video option, set it to autoplay and removed youtube overlay it'll be the most popular option between customers. This is not replacing a users timeline this is leveling it up for the most part. This is just a wild idea and by no means a request.

This is not just youtube and the users can add their own auto play with youtube via the URL they enter, there is many other streaming sites it will allow so removing the youtube overlay is not a option for this as I am not directing this in a way its a youtube video plugin when its not, I have took your advice though about the video in activity stream and have also added a button to show or hide it and a choice of placement of the actual video

5 minutes ago, iDeath said:

@TheJackal84 I don't know why I kept saying timeline. I meant cover photo but the timeline option is nice as well.

Could be possible to make it or something like that but then think the video will either need to be stretched, Or it will need to be bigger in height to match the width, then it might look horrible on the users profile with a massive video, I will test a few things this week and see what I come up with

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Optic14 said:

Hi @TheJackal84 this looks great. :)

Presales question - the option to hide the video, does this mean the audio will keep playing or does it mean to completely remove the video altogether?

If you hide it, it will still play, You can check the demo https://ipsdev.org/index.php?/profile/1-thejackal/

I basically only added that feature because someone wanted it to show in the activity bit and its big there, So instead of it taking up loads of room and scrolling down to see the activity of the user, you can just click to hide it and the activity will be on top

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

I just installed Profile Video 1.0.2 and it doesn't work at all.  Things like the Hide Video button appear, but no video or heading at all shows up in my Profile sidebar blocks.  Double-checked the plugin and Admin can create, everyone can view. 

Do you have any other plugins for the profile blocks? And what theme you using?

Edited by TheJackal84
14 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

What way does it mess up the cover photo? and also what theme are you using, is it the default?

the cover photo disappeared and was not able to get it back

the video button didn't appear till after I disabled the app 

it is the default theme..

i used a other default theme and got my cover photo back

12 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Do you have any other plugins for the profile blocks? And what theme you using?

I am using @TAMAN's Magnum theme.  I don't have any other plugins for the Profile except your Profile Background 1.0 (which now no longer seems to work with Magnum, even though I installed your patch before).

The previous version (1.0) of Profile Video was working fine with the Magnum theme.

14 hours ago, Donald Meek said:

the cover photo disappeared and was not able to get it back

the video button didn't appear till after I disabled the app 

it is the default theme..

i used a other default theme and got my cover photo back

If you send me a pm with the url I will look at it and see if I can spot anything

12 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

I am using @TAMAN's Magnum theme.  I don't have any other plugins for the Profile except your Profile Background 1.0 (which now no longer seems to work with Magnum, even though I installed your patch before).

The previous version (1.0) of Profile Video was working fine with the Magnum theme.

Has he updated his theme in any way?

• 3 weeks later...