Jump to content
Holiday Closures ×

Community

TheJackal84

(DF42) Members Social Info (Support Topic)

Recommended Posts

Went in to edit one of my social info fields -- trying to REMOVE what I had entered, and it won't let me. I delete, I save, it says it's saved, and then the info is back in the field again. 

Help? Thanks.

@TheJackal84

EDIT TO ADD: It's also not letting me ADD any new info. Eeek! Help?! (Was doing final testing before putting my community live today. 😞 )

Edited by BDD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, BDD said:

Went in to edit one of my social info fields -- trying to REMOVE what I had entered, and it won't let me. I delete, I save, it says it's saved, and then the info is back in the field again. 

Help? Thanks.

@TheJackal84

EDIT TO ADD: It's also not letting me ADD any new info. Eeek! Help?! (Was doing final testing before putting my community live today. 😞 )

This is kind of important -- a reply would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

sorry didn't see this, will check it today mate

Thanks. (I thought it was working, but it's not.)

Edited by BDD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

sorry didn't see this, will check it today mate

Not sure what time zone you're in. When does "today" end for you? Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BDD said:

Not sure what time zone you're in. When does "today" end for you? Thanks.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, BDD said:

Thanks. (I thought it was working, but it's not.)

Edited 3 hours ago by BDD

Never edit a post, you know it don't send any notifications or emails with any information that it has been edited so the last I knew was the post in the image

Edited by TheJackal84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

spacer.png

Never edit a post, you know it don't send any notifications or emails with any information that it has been edited so the last I knew was the post in the image

Sorry, I didn't know that. At my end it just shows the edited version. Lesson learned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BDD said:

Sorry, I didn't know that. At my end it just shows the edited version. Lesson learned.

I can't see that post no more but when you posted it I got that email and that's what I read, so when you edited it, it didn't send me a notification or email saying it got edited as it is not part of IPS' code to do that and I just assumed there has been no new posts.

But yeah if asking for support etc it is best not to edit it with a updated response cos most devs will only check new posts when notified there is new ones and your edits can get missed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I can't see that post no more but when you posted it I got that email and that's what I read, so when you edited it, it didn't send me a notification or email saying it got edited as it is not part of IPS' code to do that and I just assumed there has been no new posts.

But yeah if asking for support etc it is best not to edit it with a updated response cos most devs will only check new posts when notified there is new ones and your edits can get missed

Okay. Understood. Moving on? I can't get any fields to save. Please let me know if you need to know anything else in order to troubleshoot this. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BDD said:

Any update on the issue with the data not saving? Thanks.

yeah it's a bug when removing the links and leaving blank, should be released by tomorrow afternoon ( it's 22.13 here so you have a rough idea of time frame )

Edited by TheJackal84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2019 at 12:02 PM, darth12 said:

How do I change the name from "Social Info"?1693550723_ScreenShot2019-11-01at12_01_43PM.png.8d67ea63dac70a745099cf632add50c5.png

@TheJackal84

I found how where to do this (under Translate) but how do I change the FA icon?

Edited by darth12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

yeah it's a bug when removing the links and leaving blank, should be released by tomorrow afternoon ( it's 22.13 here so you have a rough idea of time frame )

It's more than that -- there's a problem when you remove a link and leave it blank, but as I noted previously, it's also not saving new links either. Will that fix be included, too?

(Thanks for the timing estimate.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BDD said:

It's more than that -- there's a problem when you remove a link and leave it blank, but as I noted previously, it's also not saving new links either. Will that fix be included, too?

(Thanks for the timing estimate.)

Checking in for an update on this. Thanks.

@TheJackal84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 11:02 PM, darth12 said:

How do I change the name from "Social Info"?1693550723_ScreenShot2019-11-01at12_01_43PM.png.8d67ea63dac70a745099cf632add50c5.png

search your language for Social_Info

10 hours ago, BDD said:

Checking in for an update on this. Thanks.

Updated mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

search your language for Social_Info

Updated mate

Thanks @TheJackal84, but still broken, if not worse.

Now it let me remove an entry, but when it saved, it removed ALL OTHER ENTRIES, too. And it won't save any newly added entries, either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BDD said:

Thanks @TheJackal84, but still broken, if not worse.

Now it let me remove an entry, but when it saved, it removed ALL OTHER ENTRIES, too. And it won't save any newly added entries, either.

 

I'll confirm this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Do you want to test one for me?

Me? Sure. Just let me know what's involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello,

I installed the app and I had no errors.

However when I click on the settings button and validate the content I get this error: 2S100 / 1 This page does not exist.

I have access to the Social Info button and I can enter the information in it but I don't see it anywhere on the forum or profile

Thank you for your help and sorry for this bad English

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, bouckie said:

hello,

I installed the app and I had no errors.

However when I click on the settings button and validate the content I get this error: 2S100 / 1 This page does not exist.

I have access to the Social Info button and I can enter the information in it but I don't see it anywhere on the forum or profile

Thank you for your help and sorry for this bad English

what settings? the ACP or the members settings for the social sites?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy