Server time may be inaccurate

Hi,

my dev IPS 4.1 in support tool reports that "Server time may be inaccurate".

My CentOS 7.3 time is correct based on London, UK.

For example linux "date" command reports: Mon  5 Jun 14:51:34 BST 2017 while support tool: "Your server is reporting the current time as 06/05/2017 01:52 PM UTC which seems to be inaccurate."

CentOS is correct. It seems that PHP configuration is somehow not correct but I can't find anything!!!

Can someone help me what to check and where in PHP configuration or anything. This error drives me crazy.

Thanks

If your server time is off by more than a minute or so it will flag this, it's important that the time is correct for external API's or they can fail and why this check was added. Ensure you have NTP setup on your server and running properly to keep your server at the accurate time, this will perform checks and update daily to ensure it stays in sync. 

Timezone is Europe/London already.

The following php command

date('Format String', time());

reports:

June2017Mon, 05 Jun 2017 15:59:33 +010006pm30 th30Mon, 05 Jun 2017 15:59:33 +01005963

while support tool at the same time reports:

Your server is reporting the current time as 06/05/2017 02:59 PM UTC

If time() reports it correctly then why IPS4.1 reports it differently?

time zones shouldn't matter, it's all the same time, can you run ntp to update the time then check again? it may only be 45 seconds that it flags it, I don't recall the specific number of seconds though that will flag this, but it's not much.

Archived