Jump to content

Advanced Custom Widgets [ Support topic ]


TAMAN
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dear Taman

I just purchased your plugin. 

I have one important question. I want to use your plugin for sticky sidebar ads. I was not yet able to set this up. When I choose "fixed", then the AD will only appear after I opened the "sticky button" up. But I would like the AD to appear from the beginning and be sticky, without having to open up anything at all. 

Please have a look at 

https://linguaholic.com/forum/11-language-learning/

That is how I want the Ad. But I want it sticky. So the thing should already be collapsed/expanded from the beginning. I don't really even want people to be able to collapse/expand it (if that is possible!) Could you please help me to achieve this? Really hope this is possible

Kind regards, 

Marcel

Edited by Marcel Iseli
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Marcel Iseli said:

That is how I want the Ad. But I want it sticky. So the thing should already be collapsed/expanded from the beginning. I don't really even want people to be able to collapse/expand it (if that is possible!) Could you please help me to achieve this? Really hope this is possible

Hello, 

A simple CSS code can o the job  

I can help you to do that, but i need you to provide a link that the add appears on 

The link you provided above does not have any fixed widgets, or maybe its not available for guests! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TAMAN said:

Hello, 

A simple CSS code can o the job  

I can help you to do that, but i need you to provide a link that the add appears on 

The link you provided above does not have any fixed widgets, or maybe its not available for guests! 

 

Hey there

I attached a screenshot from that page. I just want the add to appear like in the screenshot BUT to be sticky. I did not choose "fixed widget" here because with if I would have done that I couldn't show you what I want to achieve.

I can give you my login credentials if that helps!

 

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 10.03.39 PM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marcel Iseli said:

Hey there

I attached a screenshot from that page. I just want the add to appear like in the screenshot BUT to be sticky. I did not choose "fixed widget" here because with if I would have done that I couldn't show you what I want to achieve.

I can give you my login credentials if that helps!

 

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 10.03.39 PM.png

Hello,

You can not do that with a normal widget like in the link.

You need to create a fixed widget first, and then with css i can help you remove the close/open toggle and force it to be always open for all.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Hello,

You can not do that with a normal widget like in the link.

You need to create a fixed widget first, and then with css i can help you remove the close/open toggle and force it to be always open for all.

That sounds interesting. We would like to know how to do that.

BTW this is one of the best plugins we have ever bought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Unlucky said:

That sounds interesting. We would like to know how to do that.

BTW this is one of the best plugins we have ever bought.

Thanks 🙂 

 

You could simply add this to custom.css and replace this id in the code #fw_id_svyasj5gt to your widget id

#fw_id_svyasj5gt .fw_Switcher {display: none}
#fw_id_svyasj5gt {left: auto;right: 0;}
#fw_id_svyasj5gt .fw_Widget_inner {left: 0;}

All widgets you add have a unique ID, you can find it by inspecting the widget source in the browser, if you can not find it then paste me a link to the page where you have a fixed widget

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Taman

I have now inserted a fixed widget to the page

https://linguaholic.com/forum/11-language-learning/
 

I tried to add it then in my custom css (I see you already provided a custom css code to another person because this person was also interested in this)

However, I could not get it to work (see screenshot). I did change the id of the widget. I am not 100% sure if I chose the right id, though. Because I am a CSS newbie. So many things could get wrong. 

 

So could you please tell me the exact CSS that I need to enter in the custom.css file. That would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Marcel

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 8.56.56 AM.png

Edited by Marcel Iseli
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Marcel Iseli said:

Hey Taman

I have now inserted a fixed widget to the page

https://linguaholic.com/forum/11-language-learning/
 

I tried to add it then in my custom css (I see you already provided a custom css code to another person because this person was also interested in this)

However, I could not get it to work (see screenshot). I did change the id of the widget. I am not 100% sure if I chose the right id, though. Because I am a CSS newbie. So many things could get wrong. 

 

So could you please tell me the exact CSS that I need to enter in the custom.css file. That would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Marcel

 

In the screenshot I see a red Dot at the last line, This could be due to copy pasting and caused the error.

Anyway, I can see that it works now in your website 🙂 

 

Let me know if i can help on anything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 4:25 PM, TAMAN said:

If not wrong, I believe in IPS 4.4 widgets will have this option. so be patient 🙂 

I can see the option to hide on mobile on the new IPS widgets but not on your custom widget plugin.

Is that something that you can add to your plugin in a future release?

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Unlucky said:

I can see the option to hide on mobile on the new IPS widgets but not on your custom widget plugin.

Is that something that you can add to your plugin in a future release?

Thanks

I will check it out in next update 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2019 at 6:21 PM, TAMAN said:

All widgets you add have a unique ID, you can find it by inspecting the widget source in the browser, if you can not find it then paste me a link to the page where you have a fixed widget

We have managed to get this working.

Is there a css option to have it open by default when the member visits the page, but they can close it if they wish to?

Thanks again

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Ok thanks.

In a future version would it be possible to add an option where we can select if the widget is open or closed by default?

Could be handy way of adding help text around parts of the website.

Yea i will keep it in mind for next version 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

We have a big problem and don't know how to get out of it.

We added some code that's supposed to show a responsive youtube video into a custom widget

However it has messed up our site design but also stopped the edit page option with block manager so we cannot delete the widget

The only way we can get the site to display correctly is to disable the Advanced Custom Widgets widget - but then we cannot delete the widget on the page because the plugin is disabled.

Can you help us?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

We have a big problem and don't know how to get out of it.

We added some code that's supposed to show a responsive youtube video into a custom widget

However it has messed up our site design but also stopped the edit page option with block manager so we cannot delete the widget

The only way we can get the site to display correctly is to disable the Advanced Custom Widgets widget - but then we cannot delete the widget on the page because the plugin is disabled.

Can you help us?

Can't you just delete the plugin then reinstall the plugin to blank the widget? That is, if this is the only widget you're using.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

We have a big problem and don't know how to get out of it.

We added some code that's supposed to show a responsive youtube video into a custom widget

However it has messed up our site design but also stopped the edit page option with block manager so we cannot delete the widget

The only way we can get the site to display correctly is to disable the Advanced Custom Widgets widget - but then we cannot delete the widget on the page because the plugin is disabled.

Can you help us?

What codes did you use?

Do you mean you can't open the widget manager because the design is messed?

If so then try to delete the widget with the web inspector first then open the widget manager and delete it

otherwise, as what Christforums said, just delete the pluhin and reinstall 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...