Google AdSense Warning

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I just noticed the other plugin at the top of this topic, but looking at the screenshot of the settings it's done differently then mine, so hopefully it will be OK

Yea, but hopefully they will realize that yours is compatible with 4.2

And the one above doesn't have any type of user warning of what its comp. with

I have actually asked a moderator to remove the file as I think its out of order on the other persons work, If I had seen it I wouldn't of uploaded it to the marketplace

Hide Adverts On Login & Reg Page.xml

try that anyone who wants to, that will hide the adverts on the login and reg page you need to add a span class to your advert example below

<span class="HideAd">
  <script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
  <!-- Homepage Leaderboard -->
  <ins class="adsbygoogle"
  style="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px"
  data-ad-client="ca-pub-1234567890123456"
  data-ad-slot="1234567890"></ins>
  <script>
  (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
  </script>
</span>

Another example

<span class="HideAd">
  <!-- YOUR CODE HERE -->
</span>

On 22/06/2017 at 2:18 AM, Mack_au said:

I just got hit with a violation because of this.

This needs to be hard coded into the forum immediately, it should be a major priority to fix.

Thankfully that plugin above looks to have fixed the issue (and since that's the case it shouldn't be hard for Invision themselves to fix it for good) for now.

Can confirm, the policy violation has now gone away.

Should be a simple fix for Invision to add into the next version.

6 hours ago, Mack_au said:

The policy centre only shows active issues and tells you there's nothing wrong if you don't have any.

I even checked the email I got which links you to the policy area, where the warning was before, and now it's blank.

Did you download the plugin in the attachment I uploaded or the one in the marketplace? It's only so I can tell what step to take next with the plugin, If its the attachment one I will message the author of the marketplace one and tell him to replace the code with my one, If you used his one and it's gone then I will leave it be

8 hours ago, Mack_au said:

It was this marketplace plugin.

Most will prob just hide the divisions anyway so if google bot is crawling your site, they more than likely will see their script in the html but it's hidden, (Same as if you inspect element the script is there just not in use) I don't use Adsense or any other adverts but I am sure if you do receive this warning, Then tell them to visit said links and see there is no adverts and explain that you are hiding the divisions of it using CSS etc, I am sure they will accept the answer as valid and OK

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 1:02 AM, TheJackal84 said:

I have actually asked a moderator to remove the file as I think its out of order on the other persons work, If I had seen it I wouldn't of uploaded it to the marketplace

Hide Adverts On Login & Reg Page.xml

try that anyone who wants to, that will hide the adverts on the login and reg page you need to add a span class to your advert example below

<span class="HideAd">
  <script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
  <!-- Homepage Leaderboard -->
  <ins class="adsbygoogle"
  style="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px"
  data-ad-client="ca-pub-1234567890123456"
  data-ad-slot="1234567890"></ins>
  <script>
  </script>
</span>

Another example

<span class="HideAd">
  <!-- YOUR CODE HERE -->
</span>

Thanks so much. It works :D

Google AdSense complains about any page they can't crawl with AdSense Code on it (private forums or places guests can't go) or about AdSense Code being on any pages where personal information, usernames, passwords, credit cards, etc. are exchanged. (membership login) 

I will share my way of removing ads from forums, site areas, and applications that Google will issue a policy violation for even if they haven't already. I can't offer personal help or support on this fix, use at your comfort level only, improper implementation can cause page load problems and you'll have to revert the template, test check and test after implementation. This fix allows you to wrap the ad location once and be done and requires fewer template changes. 

This edit allows for removing ads from locked or staff forums (non visible to guests), removing ads from IPS sections (like login and register), and removing ads from applications (non-visible to guests) and is fully configurable. This edit wraps each ad at the template level so if you're not comfortable editing your templates then this fix isn't for you. It is fully configurable to your IPS install and must be configured to your install to work.

Replace:   forum_id1  with your private forum_id number(s) you want to remove ads from.  Example: 3, 27, 43, 51, 52, 53 ... and so on or less. (these are your actual private forum IDs)

Replace:   app_1  with your app_name you want to remove ads from.  Example: nexus, membermap ... and so on or less. (example: membermap)

WORKS ON IPS 4.2.3 - Not Supported by IPS or Me - Use at your own risk and experience level with IPS Products.

WRAPPING AN {advertisement="KEY"} EXAMPLE
---------------------------------

{{$forumId = 0;}}
{{if \IPS\Request::i()->app == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'forums'}}
    {{$forumId = \IPS\Request::i()->id;}}
{{endif}}
{{if \IPS\Request::i()->app == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'topic'}}
    {{try { $topic = \IPS\forums\Topic::loadAndCheckPerms( \IPS\Request::i()->id ); $forumId = $topic->forum_id; } catch( \Exception $e ) {};}}
{{endif}}
{{if ( \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' AND ! in_array( $forumId, array( forum_id1, forum_id2, forum_id3, forum_id4, forum_id5, forum_id6, forum_id7, forum_id8, forum_id9, forum_id10 ) ) ) OR !( in_array( \IPS\Request::i()->controller, array( 'login', 'register', 'lostpass', 'store', 'modcp', 'settings', 'ignore', 'notifications', 'profile', 'messenger', 'forums', 'topic' ) ) OR in_array( \IPS\Request::i()->app, array( 'app_1', 'app_2') ) )}}
    {advertisement="ad_global_header"}
{{endif}}

----------------------------------

WRAPPING AN ADSENSE AD EXAMPLE
---------------------------------

{{$forumId = 0;}}
{{if \IPS\Request::i()->app == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'forums'}}
    {{$forumId = \IPS\Request::i()->id;}}
{{endif}}
{{if \IPS\Request::i()->app == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' and \IPS\Request::i()->controller == 'topic'}}
    {{try { $topic = \IPS\forums\Topic::loadAndCheckPerms( \IPS\Request::i()->id ); $forumId = $topic->forum_id; } catch( \Exception $e ) {};}}
{{endif}}
{{if ( \IPS\Request::i()->module == 'forums' AND ! in_array( $forumId, array( forum_id1, forum_id2, forum_id3, forum_id4, forum_id5, forum_id6, forum_id7, forum_id8, forum_id9, forum_id10 ) ) ) OR !( in_array( \IPS\Request::i()->controller, array( 'login', 'register', 'lostpass', 'store', 'modcp', 'settings', 'ignore', 'notifications', 'profile', 'messenger', 'forums', 'topic' ) ) OR in_array( \IPS\Request::i()->app, array( 'app_1', 'app_2') ) )}}
<!-- AdSense Ad Title -->
<ins class="adsbygoogle"
     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
     data-ad-slot="xxxxxxxxxx"
     data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
<script>
</script>
{{endif}}

----------------------------------

Just sharing my way maybe which may not be the best way for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it is Invision's Policy that they don't want to be involved with your income in any way (read: responsible). They leave it up to publishers to implement the changes necessary to make their product compatible with Google AdSense. I've been a publisher since late 2003 and it's really not that difficult to implement an AdSense compliant IPB Site. 

2 hours ago, thompsone said:

I've been a publisher since late 2003 and it's really not that difficult to implement an AdSense compliant IPB Site. 

Could you help and provide instructions for how to do that easily?  I really wish IPB would help, they created a way to add advertising, but then don't give us a way to block it from prohibited pages.  @Charles

26 minutes ago, thompsone said:

There are a few examples above and I provided one I use. There's been a lot of activity in this thread so what exactly are you waiting on?

Something simple that works, no end of code in the above examples. Is there anything just to exclude the login/register pages?

Archived