Unread content link to replace the unread dot

Tom_K

Currently we have a dot before item title to tell us if there is unread content in that item.

In order to go to first unread post you have to click that dot. It's not very intuitive and kind of hard to do on a mobile device since the dot is small.

I suggest the dot is replaced by an item that would say NEW and would look like a tag (in lack of a better word). It would be easier to click and it would be more intuitive.

See attached image to get a better idea.

Screenshot_20170601-210755.jpg

8 hours ago, gavpedz said:

just take us the the last unread. Why do you want to keep going back to the fist post anyway.

You can change this in ACP

System - Streams - Edit the Stream then change "Clicking Unread Items" to "Take me to the first unread comment"

59 minutes ago, Ausy said:

You can change this in ACP

System - Streams - Edit the Stream then change "Clicking Unread Items" to "Take me to the first unread comment"

Yes but that's just for streams isn't it? I want that function site wide so in forums as well. 

43 minutes ago, -FP said:

I'm gonna update my plugin to add a couple of settings to its current features.

- Remove dot setting.

- Make topic title link go to first unread setting.

This would be awesome! So every topic in every forum would go to first unread when clicking title? Would the unread badge be optional? 

Alright new version is up. Note that in order to add these settings, larger parts of the code had to be modified, so things may break more easily as IPS releases updates, specially now during the beta stages of 4.2.

3vwRiXq.jpg

(New version is not compatible with 4.1.19 or lower. Older versions are still there if you need them)

1 hour ago, -FP said:

Alright new version is up. Note that in order to add these settings, larger parts of the code had to be modified, so things may break more easily as IPS releases updates, specially now during the beta stages of 4.2.

3vwRiXq.jpg

(New version is not compatible with 4.1.19 or lower. Older versions are still there if you need them)

Awesome. Thanks so much will inslall this later and take a look. 

Archived