IPS Support

Daddy

I had an issue earlier today where my board went offline and after several hours of self-service I threw in the towel and made a support ticket and within 5 minutes I had a response from @Rhett that helped me isolate the issue despite it not being software related. Now, it's obvious that this is my responsibility as I opted to host my own files but despite the circumstance, I was given guidance that led to the resolution of my issue.

Thanks to you as well @Marc S for following up on my issue.

53555202.jpg

I get the odd lacklustre response, but 97% of the time Invision definitely delivers.

And that ratio is better than any other company whose services I've purchased.  Certainly better than Microsoft, HP, or any other large company who claims to have "customer service" (which is a joke unless you're an Enterprise service which pays for actual humans to talk to you extensively about issues).

I never had problems with support-responses, but i now have a ticket "escalated" (i did not request to escalte it - i am not in hurry with this :) ) but got no response since Tuesday... Hm, opend it on saturday (yes, i know, weekend, holiday, etc - no problem) But would be nice to know whats going on (if it's an error because of using the beta, i am fine... If i know it :) Perhaps someone can have a look: #982171).

Thanks in advanced.

9 hours ago, TheSonic said:

I never had problems with support-responses, but i now have a ticket "escalated" (i did not request to escalte it - i am not in hurry with this :) ) but got no response since Tuesday... Hm, opend it on saturday (yes, i know, weekend, holiday, etc - no problem) But would be nice to know whats going on (if it's an error because of using the beta, i am fine... If i know it :) Perhaps someone can have a look: #982171).

Thanks in advanced.

Sorry you had no feedback. The guys are just working through the issue there, and I can see that it is being worked on. Due to the nature of the issue it seems its now with the highest level of support (devs), which is why its taken a little longer for you to get a reply than usual.

IPS Support is one of the best. No matter the problem, they always either solve it entirely or help me solve it in no time. Just like liquidfractal said, no "big" company compares to ips on the client support topic.

11 hours ago, TheSonic said:

Thanks in advanced.

I'd like to apologies for this. I have escalated the ticket to another developer for clarification, but haven't informed you about this step.

Personally I think IPS has the best support for anything I do on the internet. My tickets get resolved quickly and if a ticket of mine manages to be escalated, even then it gets resolved in a reasonable amount of time. I have always been happy with the support IPS has. 

@Marc S and @Daniel F: Thanks for this information. I recently got an answer from @Matt telling me, that this is not a bug - it's a (yet) "missing feature" (i really thought i have done this before - but, hm, getting old :( ) Like i told before, this was no drama with the responsetime, because the topic did not break my site or something like this - i just wanted to know whats going on and now, everything is fine. Thanks again...

@#ESY @CP: 100% Agree :) 

I think they should have something to at least acknowledge that they received your last message and are still working on it. A last read statement like they have in private messages would at least let the user and the support side know that someone has a least view it with a timestamp. I have been replying to a ticket all day with not a peep out of anyone at least acknowledging  that they have read or received the messages. I feel bad to because my host was waiting to hear back from this this morning to help work on a problem. It says I am in a Tier III support state, but the communication was better in a Tier I. I know we all get busy, but a little communication goes a long way.

10 hours ago, #ESY said:

IPS Support is one of the best. No matter the problem, they always either solve it entirely or help me solve it in no time. Just like liquidfractal said, no "big" company compares to ips on the client support topic.

The only thing I would add to this is that my VPS provider - who I shall now briefly yet shamelessly plug (vpslatch! :thumbsup:) - are stellar with notifications and service as well.

6 hours ago, nodle said:

I think they should have something to at least acknowledge that they received your last message and are still working on it. A last read statement like they have in private messages would at least let the user and the support side know that someone has a least view it with a timestamp. I have been replying to a ticket all day with not a peep out of anyone at least acknowledging  that they have read or received the messages. I feel bad to because my host was waiting to hear back from this this morning to help work on a problem. It says I am in a Tier III support state, but the communication was better in a Tier I. I know we all get busy, but a little communication goes a long way.

If anything you're going to get a quicker response in a Tier 1 level vs a Tier 3 level of support because the Tier 1 is there to answer questions quickly and efficiently to weed out those simple fixes and basic troubleshooting tickets.  And Tier 3 support is normally the developers who are working on larger more complex issues, and probably have a different method of checking tickets or getting notifications for tickets as they are fixing those larger more complex issue and don't need to be getting 5 notifications on a ticket that they are working on.

So it's definitely understandable to expect a response saying that it's being worked on, but as you said sometimes we get busy and the folks here at IPS (just like us) aren't perfect.  They'll apologize if something was skipped over and admit any mistakes. Plus I'd rather take IPS support not acknowledging that they are working on my issue any day over 99% of other companies support out there. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, crabpaws said:

What are support hours on the weekend?

I got an error message Friday evening from Cloudfront (IPS Hosting) on a bulk e-mail that must go out ASAP. So far, no response from IPS Support.

None, unless mark as emergency and that's only to be used if your website is down / critical error.  

Archived