Bookmarks - Support Topic

Kitchen sink has to be at the top of the plugin list in order to allow it to move the edit and quote buttons into the dropdown menu there (if so desired). In order for me to do that I have to grab the entire postbit area. This is fine as long as kitchen sink is at the top of the plugin list, but if it is lower in the list, any plugin above it that sticks things into the postbit menu will be over written.

Drag ks to the top, that should fix things

Edited by All Astronauts
7 hours ago, All Astronauts said:

Kitchen sink has to be at the top of the plugin list in order to allow it to move the edit and quote buttons into the dropdown menu there (if so desired). In order for me to do that I have to grab the entire postbit area. This is fine as long as kitchen sink is at the top of the plugin list, but if it is lower in the list, any plugin above it that sticks things into the postbit menu will be over written.

Drag ks to the top, that should fix things

It is always on top but I still get the issue. Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks, just installed.  

How do I set permissions?  When in ACP --> Applications ---> Favorite Content Bookmarks 1.2.0, I click the Permissions icon and see this:

You can control which groups have access to the application by changing the permissions on the modules within the application.

Never mind, I didn't realize I needed to expand Bookmarks in Applications to see it.

5 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Never mind, I didn't realize I needed to expand Bookmarks in Applications to see it.

Yes, I apologize if that wasn't clear in my Marketplace description which referenced the IPS Guide on Module level permissions.

You need to open up the Bookmarks application to view the "My Bookmarks" module, and control the permissions from there.  

598115d4cd835_BookmarkPermissions.thumb.PNG.0f42c173e5a2439549ce63ad27d88e9f.PNG

1. Click on the arrow next to "Favorite Content Bookmarks" to expand the app
  2. Click on the lock icon for My Bookmarks to set Permissions.  
4 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Does this work with albums/images/topics/posts in Clubs?

Yes

4 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

If the Club is secret, can you confirm the action of bookmarking won't appear in the All Activity stream?

No, the activity stream is only based on the bookmark type.
If it is bookmarked public, it will appear in the stream and on the profile, no matter of the club or content view permissions

Thanks @Fosters for the quick response.

7 minutes ago, Fosters said:

If it is bookmarked public, it will appear in the stream and on the profile, no matter of the club or content view permissions

So follow up question - if a member makes a public bookmark (which results in bookmark showing in activity stream) then decides to quickly change it to a private bookmark, will the activity stream update? (it should disappear from activity stream?)

I'm just thinking from an adult content point of view which will be protected by Club permissions - if someone accidentally makes a public bookmark.. I'm a little worried the thumbnail of gallery album/image will appear in the stream.. if member realises mistake and can change it back to Private then that should be okay.

Edited by Optic14
19 minutes ago, Optic14 said:

Thanks @Fosters for the quick response.

So follow up question - if a member makes a public bookmark (which results in bookmark showing in activity stream) then decides to quickly change it to a private bookmark, will the activity stream update? (it should disappear from activity stream?)

I'm just thinking from an adult content point of view which will be protected by Club permissions - if someone accidentally makes a public bookmark.. I'm a little worried the thumbnail of gallery album/image will appear in the stream.. if member realises mistake and can change it back to Private then that should be okay.

Yes.

I think it would be a good idea to create a setting to disallow public bookmarks for such usecases:D I've added it to our bug & suggestion tracker

Just now, Optic14 said:

It does seem to be a bug then.. I installed this on IPS 4.2.2

Any suggestions I can try doing from my end?

The bookmarked posts do take me correctly to the correct posts, but the preview always uses the first post.

Thx. No need to do anything, I'll test this later today and release a bugfix release if I'm able to reproduce it since we have already some other minor fixed bugs in the pipeline.

7 hours ago, Optic14 said:

It does seem to be a bug then.. I installed this on IPS 4.2.2

Any suggestions I can try doing from my end?

The bookmarked posts do take me correctly to the correct posts, but the preview always uses the first post.

I can't reproduce this. Could you please send me a PM with your URL and admin login credentials to take a look at this? Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed as normal, and gave Admins and Moderators access to modules. I then got the errors described below

Even after I disabled it gave a lot of errors and the forum was not usable until I cleared server cache.

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\forums\Topic\Post::canBookmark() (0)
#0 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->post(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), 'topic_comment', 'forums', 'forums', 'forums_Topic')
#1 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Theme/Theme.php(809) : eval()'d code(1755): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('post', Array)
#2 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->postContainer(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Object(IPS\forums\Topic\Post), Array, '')
#3 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Theme/Theme.php(809) : eval()'d code(3860): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('postContainer', Array)
#4 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_topics->topic(Object(IPS\forums\Topic), Array, NULL, Array, NULL, NULL, Array)
#5 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(392): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topic', Array)
#6 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#7 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#10 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

back-trace

#0 /home/kjiver/fjellforum.no/init.php(523): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Call to ...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

Edited by Kjell Iver Johansen