Bookmarks - Support Topic

I really would like a discount, can't purchase it actually at this price and i am not considering downloading it from illegal ips websites.

5 hours ago, xtech said:

I think it's not expensive considering the development effort it takes nd what it offers. This is not a simple hook.

I believe too, its an amazing app.

just little bit expensive for me.

Bookmarks by Fosters is designed to help communities who are looking for a full-featured method to bookmark topics.  You can browse a user's list of bookmarks, there are public vs private bookmarks, it's integrated into the Activity Stream, and there is batch editing of bookmarks with categorization.  There's nothing else out there in the IPS Marketplace that fulfills this need, and you'll find a variety of ways in which Bookmarks is deeply integrated into the IPS software, which hopefully helps you understand the great value in this app for its price.  

Not every app can meet everyone's budget.  While I would also like every app on the Marketplace to be cheaper (or even better, to be free!), just because it's a cheap app for you does not mean it's a cheap app for the developer to code, maintain, support, and provide patches and bugs on a variety of different setups and configs.  

Edited by Joel R

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the newest version of Favorite Content Bookmarks v1.2.0, available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for download.  The newest version of Bookmarks takes community bookmarking to the next level with a major feature: Exports.  

Keeping track and saving your bookmarks can become important for you and your users, especially if you've saved many bookmarks over time.  The newest version of Bookmarks will enable you to export your bookmarks on the "My Bookmarks" page.  As an advanced feature, you can download in two different formats depending upon your technical preference:

• XML
  • HTML

5958d482ca9e5_Bildschirmfoto2017-07-02um13_08_40.thumb.png.9965d40fc2f1a5226f76be479f934468.png

Several other enhancements and bug fixes have been released in v1.2.0 such as category totals and Javascript rewrite, so we encourage you to check out the latest version or pick up a copy in the IPS Marketplace!  The application is still a work-in-progress, so please share your feedback and bug reports in the Support Topic and Project Tracker.  

---------------------------------------------------------------

On 24.6.2017 at 2:02 PM, xtech said:

• The way the "bookmark" link (to add it to the bookmark list) is added to a topic post is not ideal and causes an interface problem. It should be included between <li> </li> as to be part of the other list. As it is currently it appears slightly "above" the other buttons. Look at the image below (it is the "+ Favorito"):

aaa.png.ae81e5e92e26cadbf1969f57804905fe.png

This happens because it is: 

<span data-controller="bookmark.front.bookmark.link">
  (...)
</span>

There are now 2 language strings bookmark and bookmark_simple
bookmark_simple is used for the javascript title, so you should be able to add the fa icon to the "bookmark" language string, but I have to admit that I haven't tested it global.

Next release will improve only the UI and then we'll include the option to include the fa-bookmark icon

Edited by fosters
4 minutes ago, jair101 said:

I want to ask as it is not completely obvious, but is it possible to import bookmarks as well?

No, not yet. I have to decide how I'm going to make this exactly. I'm also not sure why people would want to export and then import their stuff... It just doesnt make any sense in my eyes. 

But you should be able to import the exported html file into your browser already. 

Edited by fosters

Great enhancement! I already love it and I will certainly buy it.

Is there also a version for IPS 4.1.19.4 available (an older version with less features)?

I read on the marketplace downloads page: 4.2 beta or higher is required, but I'm a customer in the cloud (CIC) and don't know how to upgrade there to the 4.2 beta.

As soon as I can upgrade the IPS Suite, I'm going to purchase :)

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Cyboman
8 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

I read on the marketplace downloads page: 4.2 beta or higher is required, but I'm a customer in the cloud (CIC) and don't know how to upgrade there to the 4.2 beta.

As soon as I can upgrade the IPS Suite, I'm going to purchase :)

Hi

Im CIC client too. All you have to do is to request them to upgrade your forum from 4.1.x to 4.2 beta

Edited by SammyS

Well, i've deleted it because it was solved when i uploaded the latest version.

The thing was that when i have enabled blogs and tried to create my first one, i got an error. Then the blogs page got inacessible throwing the same error. It was something to do with the blogs view template, which wasn't finding a bookmark related function. As it was solved by uploading the latest version, i've deleted the post...

Hi fosters, 

Will it be tough to integrate the app with the Rules application? Some possible uses:

- Post receiving X likes gets automatically bookmarked for certain user groups
- Post containing a given string in title gets bookmarked
- Post that is recommended is automatically bookmarked

etc.

9 hours ago, jair101 said:

Hi fosters, 

Will it be tough to integrate the app with the Rules application? Some possible uses:

- Post receiving X likes gets automatically bookmarked for certain user groups
- Post containing a given string in title gets bookmarked
- Post that is recommended is automatically bookmarked

etc.

Another use: A bookmarked added by some members can be automatically transferred to all members that, for example, follow them. This way people can create their own bookmarks list and spread them to members that want them, it can even be subscription based.

Another possible use of this is to have all new members receive some default bookmarks - site rules, guidelines, instructions how to use the software, etc. Actually it will be great if default bookmarks can be implemented even if you can't/don't want to implement Rules integration. 

I will sign up to your site to submit the suggestions there as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Few suggestions after I bought it and tried it for a bit:

1. I am not sure if private bookmarks send notifications to the author of the post or not, but they probably shouldn't. 

2. When checking a bookmark in "My bookmarks" I believe it should have at least collapse button, not only expand. On some communities there are posts few pages long and expanding such a post in bookmarks by mistake will hide all other bookmarks, not having the ability to collapse it back makes it much worse. In fact I believe in My bookmarks there should be only link to the post/image/article, etc. with the note that I have added. This will keep the things clean and tidy, like a browser bookmarks. 

I would post these in the tracker, but your website is not accessible at the moment. 

Edited by jair101
5 minutes ago, jair101 said:

1. I am not sure if private bookmarks send notifications to the author of the post or not, but they probably shouldn't. 

It won't :) It sends it only for public

6 minutes ago, jair101 said:

2. When checking a bookmark in "My bookmarks" I believe it should have at least collapse button, not only expand. On some communities there are posts few pages long and expanding such a post in bookmarks by mistake will hide all other bookmarks, not having the ability to collapse it back makes it much worse. In fact I believe in My bookmarks there should be only link to the post/image/article, etc. with the note that I have added. This will keep the things clean and tidy, like a browser bookmarks. 

This was already suggested, but unfortunately the built in truncate function in IPS which I use ( https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/themes-and-customizations/css-framework/typography-r98/ ) doesn't support it. 
I'll see how easy it is to replace it with something own which supports toggle.

31 minutes ago, Fosters said:

This was already suggested, but unfortunately the built in truncate function in IPS which I use ( https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/themes-and-customizations/css-framework/typography-r98/ ) doesn't support it. 

It is my personal opinion that in this case it will be better to simply leave the title of the content (as a link to the actual content) and the member note. I can't see a reason to read the entire content from the bookmark app. 

Btw, I can't find settings from ACP, is it because this app doesn't have any?

56 minutes ago, Fosters said:

I just thought, maybe a spoiler type functionality can replace this? Spoiler tags are both collapsable and expandable. Not sure if it can be inserted easily in an external app. 

1 minute ago, Steph40 said:

@Fosters

I see the bookmark on files in ipdownloads but when I go in a post I can't see the bookmark option.

I can't find where the settings for the apps are in acp, don't know if i am going crazy or not :p

There are no settings, the bookmark link will be added automatically if you have permissions ( module permissions)
Are you using a custom theme? If yes, does it work in the default IPS 4.2 theme?