(DF42) Advanced Multi-Tool (Support topic)

Afternoon,

Another bug found, when using 'Remove items from the page header' it also removes the Members can choose (Default forum view) buttons.

2nd bug, when Font-Awesome icon next to time/date is enabled, the clock icon is added to the calendar dates which looks odd and distorts, I don't think it should be added to calendar dates personally.

Under Forums & categories you have an option to switch on Show total stats? - But this is already shown on the categories, so I don't see why it's duplicated? I understand it adds all the forums in each category but it doesn't always calculate the correct numbers and sometimes shows 0 posts.

Edited by CP_User
36 minutes ago, CP_User said:

Afternoon,

Another bug found, when using 'Remove items from the page header' it also removes the Members can choose (Default forum view) buttons.

2nd bug, when Font-Awesome icon next to time/date is enabled, the clock icon is added to the calendar dates which looks odd and distorts, I don't think it should be added to calendar dates personally.

Under Forums & categories you have an option to switch on Show total stats? - But this is already shown on the categories, so I don't see why it's duplicated? I understand it adds all the forums in each category but it doesn't always calculate the correct numbers and sometimes shows 0 posts.

I will look into the page header and clock icon, The total stats is this

ovEKl0g.png

the plugin is set to show it by default, its not actually part of IPS, If you disable it then it won't show, I am going to set all to off by default because I set a few things to yes as default

9 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I will look into the page header and clock icon, The total stats is this

ovEKl0g.png

the plugin is set to show it by default, its not actually part of IPS, If you disable it then it won't show, I am going to set all to off by default because I set a few things to yes as default

Yeah I was testing it, but it doesn't calculate the correct numbers

stats.thumb.JPG.729a278a6a4ff2b0efa53c8e34c27f5a.JPG

stats2.thumb.JPG.a9afe64843f20ec6cef87cb6e85cafdc.JPG

On 6/21/2017 at 0:58 PM, CP_User said:

Yeah I was testing it, but it doesn't calculate the correct numbers

stats.thumb.JPG.729a278a6a4ff2b0efa53c8e34c27f5a.JPG

stats2.thumb.JPG.a9afe64843f20ec6cef87cb6e85cafdc.JPG

I fixed the total stats thing now so It will count the sub forums topics too, I have also fixed the grid view bug on page header when hiding both start new topic button and the word forums, I have looked into the clock thing for the calendar but I don't think it will be that easy to hide it on certain places as its a global override but I will still see what I come up with, Is there any ideas you have for it so I don't just release a bug fix update?, I will more than likely release the update tonight or tomorrow as I will be at work most of today

Just seen another topic which reminded me of a plugin I use to use.

What about a bump button, which updates posts, which also updates on the front of the forums, but doesn't actually post anything it just moved the whole topic to the top of the listing. Settings should include, limit time between bumps (Bump every 5 days, minutes etc), which groups can do it. The button should display next to the start new topic or reply button or replace it.

Header Message - The old one in the market place doesn't work any more, and it was very useful. Bloke hasn't been on since 2015.

New Feature - but not sure if this would be better suited to your user profile plugin.

I'd like to be able to set member titles to groups, a setting that enables min and max length characters, as we know there is an issue with long titles messing up the look of the authorpane.

Edited by CP_User
6 hours ago, CP_User said:

Just seen another topic which reminded me of a plugin I use to use.

What about a bump button, which updates posts, which also updates on the front of the forums, but doesn't actually post anything it just moved the whole topic to the top of the listing. Settings should include, limit time between bumps (Bump every 5 days, minutes etc), which groups can do it. The button should display next to the start new topic or reply button or replace it.

The bump button I think will take a bit of time and code so I will flag this for a later version

6 hours ago, CP_User said:

Header Message - The old one in the market place doesn't work any more, and it was very useful. Bloke hasn't been on since 2015.

New Feature - but not sure if this would be better suited to your user profile plugin.

I'd like to be able to set member titles to groups, a setting that enables min and max length characters, as we know there is an issue with long titles messing up the look of the authorpane.

A header message? I suppose I could add messages across the whole board and not just the header that's all fine and as for the member title thing what do you mean? There is a setting to set member titles in the ACP member settings already you can set them custom there, or am I mistaken and you mean something else?

9WCIKfE.png

12 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

There is a setting to set member titles in the ACP member settings already you can set them custom there, or am I mistaken and you mean something else?

Sorry, I meant are you able to add character limits to it?

12 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

A header message? I suppose I could add messages across the whole board and not just the header that's all fine

Have a look in the market place for the example :)

1.0.3 Released

Bug Fixes

1. Fixed the bug where the total stats weren't counting the sub-forum topics
  2. Fixed the bug where it hid the grid view on the forums index when hiding the start new topic button and the words forums

New Features

Body

• Upload a image for the sites body background
  • Upload a image for the admin panel body background
  • Upload a image for the admin panel login screen background

• Set a global header message
  • Set a global footer message
  • Set a registration page message
  • Each message (expect registration page for obvious reasons) can be shown or hidden to certain groups
  • If you want messages in more locations then leave a comment on the support topic stating where
1 hour ago, TheJackal84 said:

The title etc will prob be in a different plugin then this one, I have added the messages in this update along with a couple more things

Excellent, the new settings work very well, very impressed mate.

Are you able to show the registering message on the Sign Up: Choose Product page too? Just under the Would you like to purchase any of these products while registering?

Thanks

Small bug found, and I didn't realise it was the plugin, I thought it was my crap colour skills while editing the skin. With this plugin enabled it adds a background colour to

.ipsTabs_item:not(.ipsTabs_activeItem)
    background-color: #4e5b62;

This also adds a background colour to the tabs on the theme settings. Which also changes the font.

Edited by CP_User
1 hour ago, CP_User said:

Excellent, the new settings work very well, very impressed mate.

Are you able to show the registering message on the Sign Up: Choose Product page too? Just under the Would you like to purchase any of these products while registering?

Thanks

Small bug found, and I didn't realise it was the plugin, I thought it was my crap colour skills while editing the skin. With this plugin enabled it adds a background colour to

.ipsTabs_item:not(.ipsTabs_activeItem)

This also adds a background colour to the tabs on the theme settings. Which also changes the font.

Go into themes and css and search AdvancedMultiTool and in the css of it find

div[aria-label="(DF42) Advanced Multi-Tool"] .ipsFieldRow_section, .ipsTabs, .ipsTabs_item:not(.ipsTabs_activeItem){
  color: white;
  font-weight: 400;
  font-family: Gill Sans,Gill Sans MT,Calibri,sans-serif;
}

its at the top, Remove it all and it will go, It was supposed to only work in this plugin settings, (like on 4.1) must be changed in 4.2, So just delete that from the css and I will remove it in the next update

If by custom you mean created by me then yes custom.

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

Is it a custom drop down or is it the automatic one by IPS?

@TheJackal84

For exemple, I have made a drop-down called Tools and in it there is Forums, Downloads, Tutorials, etc...

Icon shows for Tools but not for the others.

3 minutes ago, Steph40 said:

If by custom you mean created by me then yes custom.

It might be your theme, I did change the way the font-awesome worked on it, I am going to send you a PM with a file to update and try then let me know if it fixed it, If that's OK

Or if you give me login again I can try

54 minutes ago, Steph40 said:

Sorry sent it to wrong coder

Its your theme, it uses different elements for the nav bars, I have got a fix for it, but you need to update your css file of this plugin, I noticed its been edited and I don't want to revert it as you will lose any changes, so first I need to to know what changes you made then revert it bringing the updated version and not your old modified one to life, (you need it for the updates to the plugin as it will break loads without it), Then I can sort the changes for your theme

Edited by TheJackal84