another reason why i go with Invision

LiquidFractal

So I just did an absolutely fresh install of 4.1.19.4 on a site I am preparing for an academic grant application review.  For some reason it installed and yet was utterly unusable because no CSS or template styles were loading at all.  Timeline panic made me hit the Outage button.

Long story short: @Rhett responded in one minute.  Problem fixed in 15 minutes.

Before I crawl back into my workhole, I just wanted to say: THAT is service. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2017 at 7:17 PM, Charles said:

Thanks for the feedback and post :) it's always nice to hear!

Can I ask why the no css is still an issue on some installs? I still encounter this issue from time to time, especially when duplicating the site or moving from localhost to live site to test. I remember we got it when upgrading from v3 to v4, the issue was fixed either by enabling DESIGNERS MODE and also by correcting the storage directory from \\ to //.

We have all panicked and hit the outrage button. Things always go wrong with technology. It's the nature of the beast. The key is how things are handled and supported when things go wrong. This sets ips apart from the competition 

• 3 weeks later...

IPS Community Suite is one of the most popular engines. It raises MyBB, phpBB and other similar scripts. Like Google among search engines. I have been a customer for a very long time, if not IPB, probably my forum today would not exist. I wanted to thank the whole crew. Thank you for this wonderful CMS :-) 

• 2 weeks later...

If only this happened on all of the tickets. Most of my tickets take days to get a "we are working on this" response and therefore days for an answer.

I'm glad you were able to get good service but the service I've had thus far has been sub-par. That is with years of having my IPB License.

This is with submitting tickets on weekdays, in the morning (10am EST). By weekdays I mean M-TH. I understand if I put a ticket in on Friday I may not get a response but the last ticket I put in was Friday morning (11am EST) and still hasn't had even 1 response. I know they have few people working on the weekends but the least they could do is respond "We are taking a look and will get back to you by Monday afternoon." or something like that. Just so I know they did get the ticket and are aware of the issue(s) I am having.

57 minutes ago, DudeThatsErin said:

If only this happened on all of the tickets. Most of my tickets take days to get a "we are working on this" response and therefore days for an answer.

I'm glad you were able to get good service but the service I've had thus far has been sub-par. That is with years of having my IPB License.

This is with submitting tickets on weekdays, in the morning (10am EST). By weekdays I mean M-TH. I understand if I put a ticket in on Friday I may not get a response but the last ticket I put in was Friday morning (11am EST) and still hasn't had even 1 response. I know they have few people working on the weekends but the least they could do is respond "We are taking a look and will get back to you by Monday afternoon." or something like that. Just so I know they did get the ticket and are aware of the issue(s) I am having.

I'm sorry to hear this, however, I'm confused, as you know support on the weekends is limited, and you submitted your only open ticket on Friday night at 11PM EST. We will, of course, be with you as soon as we can though. 

Thank you

57 minutes ago, DudeThatsErin said:

41 minutes ago, Rhett said:

I'm sorry to hear this, however, I'm confused, as you know support on the weekends is limited, and you submitted your only open ticket on Friday night at 11PM EST. We will, of course, be with you as soon as we can though. 

Thank you

I just tracked down your ticket, you should be all set! :)  

Archived