Reactions +2 reputation?

Vikestart

I don't think it's long coming, given the enthusiasm for it here.

But for those of you who want to think this concept a bit differently, @Kevin Carwile's Points Economy app (which is free) allows you to create entirely new points systems for whatever you want.  Combined with his Rules app (which has a free and a paid version) you could do even more than with an open value for Reactions.

On 08/07/2017 at 6:05 PM, Makoto said:

I like this idea. You could take it a step further and allow restricting specific reactions to member groups, so high ranking members could give a unique award like reaction to a post with an extra boost in reputation to go with it. 

Yes, this is a good idea. Since you can already assign -1, 0 and +1 it seems the framework is in already? So increasing the values should be relatively doable without having to code a whole new framework (knows nothing about coding of course lol). I imagine this was already discussed during Reactions development (maybe this is why this topic was promoted, @Joel R? Someone on the team advocated for this during development and wanted to highlight the popularity?) so one has to wonder why IPS chose not to go with it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived