Reactions +2 reputation?

Vikestart

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SeNioR- said:

I don't think this is good idea, we have now "reactions".

Uhh... what is your comment even supposed to mean? The suggestion is about having the ability to make some reactions grant more reputation points than others.

On 24.05.2017 at 3:09 AM, Vikestart said:

It'd be nice if we could input our own value as for how we'd like a reaction to affect reputation, instead of being restricted to -1, 0 and +1.

On 10.06.2017 at 1:34 AM, David.. said:

Would also be cool to determine which user group can access which reaction. Just like editor buttons.

+1 

I have a better idea. Preset values.... 0.1 / 0.5 / 1

I limit by rep because of the +1.. and no one wants 0... or -1 because of drama... but 0.1 would be nice. And then I'd allow more rep to be given a day. Not to mention decimals might make things nice looking? as the rep count should not get as high??

For the reputation, I also support more flexible options.  At IPB 3.4.x we were using a third-party login, which was allowing to input a short text, while giving the point. So an author of the content would see who exactly had given reputation and for which reasons.

Currently, if I don't miss anything, we are limited just to plus/minus (r, alternatively,'reactions') without ability for the author to see, who made the reputation and why.

On 7/7/2017 at 4:17 AM, Netherlord said:

I have a better idea. Preset values.... 0.1 / 0.5 / 1

I limit by rep because of the +1.. and no one wants 0... or -1 because of drama... but 0.1 would be nice. And then I'd allow more rep to be given a day. Not to mention decimals might make things nice looking? as the rep count should not get as high??

Don't want decimals but I like the plus 1 or plus 2 idea up to the daily limit

I like this idea. You could take it a step further and allow restricting specific reactions to member groups, so high ranking members could give a unique award like reaction to a post with an extra boost in reputation to go with it. 

On ‎08‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 7:05 PM, Makoto said:

I like this idea. You could take it a step further and allow restricting specific reactions to member groups, so high ranking members could give a unique award like reaction to a post with an extra boost in reputation to go with it. 

Would also like reactions +2. Restrictions by user groups has been a part of a former post. If you consider to develop a plugin, please have a look at my full post, maybe there are some other inspirations of interest.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great idea, and one that I hinted at long ago in some post I've drunk too much wine right now to remember. :rofl:

In short, I think it would be a great idea to have an option to give a given post or insight more than 1 reputation point if it reflects a somehow exceptional idea that gives some great insight as to where a given website should evolve, or at least shows that a given member is really interested in the community and wants to generate discussion or ideas.

+1 (or +2....) for this idea.
One of the first things I did after upgrading to 4.2.0 was to enter the reactions settings page in order to set "like" to +1 and "Thanks" to +2 ..... I was actually very surprised to find out that it's not currently possible.

Archived