Convert Forums to Clubs?

Ocean West

wouldn't it be better to just internally move forum 147-some-existing-form and all it's content directly into the club with out having to remember to add a forwarder somewhere? Or perhaps create a forwarder that stays around for x days like it does when you move a post.

Having to setup a forum and permissions and all the esoteric settings is tedious when i would just like to move this the forum lock stock and barrel into a club.  

I agree that IPS can make it easier to move existing forum topics or nodes into the club.  That's how Group Collaboration by @Kevin Carwile works, where you just assign an existing node to a collaboration.  

In Clubs, you'll need to physically copy and move existing forum topics into Club forums.  

I have not been able to figure out how to move forums sections into clubs. We have a private women's group on my site with posts that go back to 2009. The women have created a club but now I need to move the forums in there.

• 1 month later...
On 19/05/2017 at 10:22 PM, Ocean West said:

I have several Sponsors Forums by some advertisers - i'd like to convert their forums to clubs let them manage them - is there a path to do this?

Now you can:

What's New in Version 1.0.4:

New Feature:

• Convert forums or apps categories into Club Features with a single click, so you don't need to move a bunch of items (topics, images, files, events, etc) - Admin CP feature.

New option in all nodes on ACP:

5969175965898_Screenshot13.PNG.94e7bcba2

See it in action:

but if you are converting a form to a club and moving posts made by people - then your essentially removing all their content from their view - should they search for a post they made it wouldn't be seen unless they are a member of said club. therefore I would think it be prudent for that option to exist so that end users don't have to 'do' anything their content has now been moved into a club.

Archived