"Go to first unread post" in Topic Feed

motomac

• 2 weeks later...

That means that the link to the "new comment" would be there for as long as the cache is not renewed even if you already read the topic, and also it would not show up right away when there's new content. You can reduce that caching to 60 seconds but still I think it would give problems.

• 4 weeks later...

I too would like this to follow the logical means of taking the person clicking the link in a feed to the most recent message they haven't read. 

How is it that the same block when positioned in the sidebar does this, but when moved to the body of the page doesn't? It doesn't make any sense. 

Yes, I second this suggestion. The url needs to change. We used to be able to do this in 3.4.x when templates made sense, but now we appear to be SOL when it comes to logical customisations. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2017 at 11:41 AM, FZ said:

Yes, I second this suggestion. The url needs to change. We used to be able to do this in 3.4.x when templates made sense, but now we appear to be SOL when it comes to logical customisations. 

4 hours ago, motomac said:

This is the most strange thing about this widget.

Because sidebar uses its own template, while it uses the forum rows template in horizontal mode. So it acts like a forum view in horizontal mode. Yes, it’s just a matter of add it to the link.

Archived