More Clubs stuff!

Morrigan

there is a problem in clubs...when a non club member tries to download a file from clubs, it shows the following error.

Capture.thumb.PNG.680a310dd8438f2b1641a52a019894b3.PNG

i understand it as normal.  because a non member cannot download file. 

but how would someone come to know from this that he/she has to join the club to download?

there is no option to customize this.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have two questions about clubs, dunno if someone can tell me:

- Is that a way of disabling an app from being "added" to a club?
- Is that a way of setting the first page of a club to a blog, or a forum? I mean allow club member to reorder the tabs?

2 hours ago, xtech said:

I have two questions about clubs, dunno if someone can tell me:

- Is that a way of disabling an app from being "added" to a club?
- Is that a way of setting the first page of a club to a blog, or a forum? I mean allow club member to reorder the tabs?

No and No.

I suggest checking out the marketplace addon for clubs and making those suggestions.

Appreciate the work you have put into this however a lot of the things implemented I think should be key things within clubs as a standard feature.  Do the devs here at invision take things from plugins and implement into core as standard features as concerned now that its built into a plugin that it will not be added and don't have the funds available to be able to pay for plugins constantly on top of the licence fees. Don't get me wrong I know that it all takes time and money in order to develop it and don't want to take that away from you guys it just ends up being a large cost for each thing added on. 

4 hours ago, MikeChristopher said:

Appreciate the work you have put into this however a lot of the things implemented I think should be key things within clubs as a standard feature.  Do the devs here at invision take things from plugins and implement into core as standard features as concerned now that its built into a plugin that it will not be added and don't have the funds available to be able to pay for plugins constantly on top of the licence fees. Don't get me wrong I know that it all takes time and money in order to develop it and don't want to take that away from you guys it just ends up being a large cost for each thing added on. 

I like your hopeful optimism.  

Usually pragmatism will get the better of you as you realize the third party Marketplace developers fulfill a critical and necessary gap in features.  

Yes IPS will copy things from the Marketplace from time to time.  No, they will not add everything nor do they usually add it at the level of detail or feature richness that you may want.  

Copy from the Marketplace might not be the perfect way to put it. Certain features are requested over and over again and IPS will get to them eventually and add them – whether they exist on the Marketplace or not. After all, that’s what users expect. I was personally waiting for a stock “social groups” feature despite something like this being available already from a 3rd party provider. 

Official Club improvement will certainly come, but certainly not quickly. So Adriano’s work is very welcome. 

>_< I didn't' see this topic in time.

Last night I suggested some kind of integration between topics, subforums and the clubs in Adriano's Topic. For example, clubs having a "redirect" subforum or clubs having a "redirect" topic.
The idea is that ( optionally ) club engagement could be seen or/and have visibility in the forum sections too, to increase participation and give more natural visibility to clubs.  Not to mention, also traffic to participate in clubs.

This is what I wrote:

11 hours ago, gabs007 said:

I have 2 suggestions that might look awkward but would be very useful for my website when I upgrade and I think I wouldn't be the only one.
Maybe they can be set up in different ways, but I just ask in case it is possible. Since it's been a some time since I tested clubs, some features might be already included.

1. The possibility to redirect a forum topic directly to the clubs main page when the user clicks on the topic. And Everytime someone updates something in the club section ( forums or galleries  etc ) the possibility to bump the topic so that it appears updated and appears on top if sorted the forum section by date.
The idea is to have a "dummy" topic that engages club activity so it mixes with the other topics and makes the Club ACtivity visible in the forum topics 

2. this is one I guess it's more complicated but could make some sense if you think about it for some people that prefer a smoother integration between the forums and the clubs.
The possibility to attach a "redirect forum" directly to a club and link it. So when a club has information updated ( new post, new picture etc), the subforum raises the position on top.
The whole concept is that we could turn subforums into clubs links and have them listed as redirect forums and sorted by activity. 
This could be optional to some clubs because maybe I don't want all the clubs to have a subforum but it could be a good idea to increase participation for those clubs that admins want to promote or they think they are key to the website success and require a lot of visibility

If I'm pushing things too far or this options seem "stupid" feel free to say so. :thumbsup:  no hard feelings.
IF you also have no idea what I'm talking about , I would gladly explain myself. 

I miss club activity feed blocks to put in side bar:

• From all clubs
  • From my clubs

IPS should provide them to enhance club joins and awareness. They should be configurable like the latest topic/feed blocks from forums.

I am trying to advertise some of my clubs in social networks, to get more members into my community.

The problem is, when guests they click the "join button" they are shown the error screen "this page is not available, yada yada". They should be directed to the registration/login screen informing them they shoud register the community prior to joining the club.

1 minute ago, xtech said:

I am trying to advertise some of my clubs in social networks, to get more members into my community.

The problem is, when guests they click the "join button" they are shown the error screen "this page is not available, yada yada". They should be directed to the registration/login screen informing them they shoud register the community prior to joining the club.

IMHO a link like that shouldn’t exist in the first place. Instead, the link should turn into a note saying “login to join” or something like that. 

I would prefer the current button to still exist but in that case to redirect to the registration screen.
Why loose a potential member by boring him to find and click the registration button if the system can direct him automatically?

11 minutes ago, xtech said:

… if the system can direct him automatically?

Fine. There can also be a link. But the text still needs to change. That’s the important thing to me. It shouldn’t trick people into signing up. They should know what to expect before clicking a link. And “join club” or “register on a site” are different actions. 

I am not aware of any other place in the suite where actions not allowed for guest directly start a registration process instead. Here is how it looks for following content for example:

5973709d292a9_ScreenShot2017-07-22at17_29_01.png.a58df15ab54de03a9e673c0ec2b16b73.png

No false promises there. 

13 minutes ago, opentype said:

No false promises there. 

Fair enough. What about a custom error message where you can say "you need to register prior to entering the club" with link to the registration screen?

One more option for clubs would be great ... I am missing a closed club where 
everyone can see the club and who's in it, and not only members can see posts and participate, but also guests. Users need to ask a leader to join. 

So not really the open or closed club, but one more club.

That would be great to attract professionals. You can see the club and the contributions, but only the leader can add new members (professionals).The entire forum community then benefits from this. The experts can exchange themselves undisturbed and the forum users can learn thereby by the contributions public.

Archived