More Clubs stuff!

Morrigan

Now that I can mess with it a little more (have more time) there is some more functionality that is missing that needs to come in a future version.

1. Ability to turn off (hide)/delete features.
    Currently once you enable something on a club you are stuck with it. If I create too many topics tabs I can't delete one.
  2. Ability to create moderator/owner permissions only features
    For most places they need a "staff" like area to discuss changes/issue etc. So being able to create/add features that are "club staff" only would be ideal.

I'm sure I'll think of more as I continue on.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also agree with your bug report @Morrigan regarding public clubs, everyone should have read access if its public but you should still have to join to contribute, it would also allow club owners to remove write access for troublesome people on public clubs rather then having to make it approval based. Ban from club should be an option for club owners (if we allow the permission as admins)

39 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Public clubs are fine but should still be joinable. Open clubs are what you are describing @ZeroHour

Derp. Thanks for clarifying. Not had a play with the beta yet. Too many other issues with wannacry (trying to help others).

No worries. I have a few different threads in here regarding clubs. Including fixing Public clubs (as I think they are functionally silly at the moment).

@Adriano Faria is creating a mod for clubs that will accomplish a few things including that just an FYI.

Edit: A few other recommendations I made for clubs everyone:

4 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

You can create custom fields that make them filterable like in pages.

It would be nice if there was a block for that though to make it more obvious possibly like how it works with the fluid forums, I wouldnt notice or realise what filters would do necessarily there.

2 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

It would be nice if there was a block for that though to make it more obvious possibly like how it works with the fluid forums, I wouldnt notice or realise what filters would do necessarily there.

That I agree with. In fact I was about to make that it's own suggestion lol.

I agree with the OP. :)

We're getting the first iteration of clubs now and it's awesome, but it has A LOT more potential, and a few missing features that seems somewhat essential (but not game breaking).

Ability to turn off (hide)/delete features. - Definitely

Ability to create moderator/owner permissions only features - YUUUP!!!

Also, I'd love to see more options for how to organise the layout of the club. Say you want the home page of a club to be a list of forums (within the club) instead of an activity stream. :)

Clubs is an exciting new feature, but for a gaming website focusing on eSports (and also applies to that of traditional sports communities), I think a great addition would be:

1. Have the feature to setup Clubs War (or Clan War, whatever you may call it)
  2. Have a custom database to record the stats of each Clubs War and have it publicly available (so users can know who is the top ranking club

I guess these are all something that needs to be done by a contributor since its a very specific feature, but I'd love to see it happen.

Just my 2 cents, carry on...

On 5/16/2017 at 10:32 AM, Morrigan said:

Now that I can mess with it a little more (have more time) there is some more functionality that is missing that needs to come in a future version.

1. Ability to turn off (hide)/delete features.
    Currently once you enable something on a club you are stuck with it. If I create too many topics tabs I can't delete one.
  2. Ability to create moderator/owner permissions only features
    For most places they need a "staff" like area to discuss changes/issue etc. So being able to create/add features that are "club staff" only would be ideal.

I'm sure I'll think of more as I continue on.

Definitely agree with this, especially the "staff" like area that you mentioned.  When bringing up clubs to current staff in our community that was one question that they had, is if there would be staff only for clubs to where they could have particular areas that only they can see.   

Thanks for posting these ideas :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-5-16 at 6:32 PM, Morrigan said:
  1. For most places they need a "staff" like area to discuss changes/issue etc. So being able to create/add features that are "club staff" only would be ideal.

I think that would be very useful - 

One thing that would benefit us is a bit more work on the permissions side of things - whilst to start with the club permissions are ok but I have found straight away that we would like to create a club of which everyone is able to see the contents but is not able to join (that way the club members - are just that people relative to the club but everyone can read the content within).

Archived