disable/enable plugin for settings changes to take effect

Chatwee

Hello,

I've recently created a plugin and it works as expected - as long as I test it in my local enviroment (dev mode enabled). After installing it on the actual community site, it seems that I have to disable the plugin and then enable it again for any changes in the 'edit' section to take effect. Do you guys have any suggestions on what might be causing this issue and how I can fix it?

Thanks

How are you handing the settings? Are you only updating the database table?
This won't be enough, you'll also need to trigger the cache rebuild 

\IPS\Db::i()->update( 'core_sys_conf_settings', array( 'conf_value' => $v ), array( 'conf_key=?', $k ) );
unset( \IPS\Data\Store::i()->settings );

Thank you for your answers.

@CP_User

Yes, clearing the cache works, but I have to do it everytime I change the settings. Disabling/enabling the plugin takes less time, though ;)

@Adriano Faria

Yes, this is exactly what I mean and yes, all of them have deafult values.

@Daniel F

This is the way I am handling the settings:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Checkbox( 'setting1', \IPS\Settings::i()->setting1, FALSE, array( 'app' => 'core', 'key' => 'Admin', 'autoSaveKey' => 'setting1' ) ) );
$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Textarea( 'setting2', \IPS\Settings::i()->setting2, FALSE, array( 'app' => 'core', 'key' => 'Admin', 'autoSaveKey' => 'setting2' ) ) );
$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Checkbox( 'setting3', \IPS\Settings::i()->setting3, FALSE, array( 'app' => 'core', 'key' => 'Admin', 'autoSaveKey' => 'setting3' ) ) );

if ( $values = $form->values() )
{
	$form->saveAsSettings();
	return TRUE;
}

return $form;

Any suggestions?

Archived