Review Helpful Template

coert_g

We've styled our reviews template to be different to the default, but when a user clicks on 'This review was helpful', it seems to display a new template which include a new template, which hasn't got our new adjusted styling to it. I've looked and looked, but can't find any theme or page template that is being used as that display (once a user has clicked that button). I can see that it pulls through the theme template "reviewhelpful" but even a search for "reviewhelpful" in themes and page templates don't turn up any results.

7 hours ago, Morrigan said:

I found the reviewHelpful template under Core > Global > reviewHelpful

It appears to just be the how many people found the review helpful. Can you show us what exactly it's doing? Post a screen shot?

Correct, that is where the reviewHelpful template is, however (and unusually) that template only outputs a single line (the line saying how many people found it useful). We'd need to edit the template that calls that. A normal review prior to a user clicking on the helpful button is easy to located, in the page templates. However, when a user clicks that yes/no button it then loads an additional template. Within that additional template is the call to reviewHelpful.

What we're looking for, is the location of the template that calls reviewHelpful (no reference to that template anywhere in the pages or theme templates).

I've attached an image to demonstrate :)

reviews-problem.jpg

4 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

Oh. That's easy. It's not a template. It's in the "review" template. You're looking for this line of code:

{{if $review->mapped('votes_total')}}<strong class='ipsType_medium'>{$review->helpfulLine()|raw}</strong><br>{{endif}}

Thanks, but that line only calls on the green highlighted area. The green highlighted area was meant to say "This is what the reviewHelpful pulls through"

We're looking for the template for the entire blue box, you can see the padding is completely different on the bottom and the top review. We'd like to be able to make them the same, but to do that we need to find the whole template for that review (the blue box one).

I originally thought the reviewHelpful template would do that, but when testing... The reviewHelpful template seems to only pull through the area highlighted on my image in green.

That's the review template.

I assume what you#re looking for is this part:

{{if $review->hidden() !== 1}}
			{{if member.member_id and ( !$review->mapped('votes_data') or !array_key_exists( member.member_id, json_decode( $review->mapped('votes_data'), TRUE ) ) ) and $review->author()->member_id != \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id}}
				<span class='ipsType_medium'><strong>{lang="did_you_find_this_helpful"}</strong> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href='{$review->url('rate')->setQueryString( 'helpful', TRUE )->csrf()}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_light' data-action="rateReview"><i class='fa fa-check'></i> {lang="yes"}</a> <a href='{$review->url('rate')->setQueryString( 'helpful', FALSE )->csrf()}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_light' data-action="rateReview"><i class='fa fa-times'></i> {lang="no"}</a></span>
				<br class='ipsClear'>
			{{endif}}
		{{endif}}

1 hour ago, Daniel F said:

That's the review template.

I assume what you#re looking for is this part:

{{if member.member_id and ( !$review->mapped('votes_data') or !array_key_exists( member.member_id, json_decode( $review->mapped('votes_data'), TRUE ) ) ) and $review->author()->member_id != \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id}}
				<span class='ipsType_medium'><strong>{lang="did_you_find_this_helpful"}</strong> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href='{$review->url('rate')->setQueryString( 'helpful', TRUE )->csrf()}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_light' data-action="rateReview"><i class='fa fa-check'></i> {lang="yes"}</a> <a href='{$review->url('rate')->setQueryString( 'helpful', FALSE )->csrf()}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_light' data-action="rateReview"><i class='fa fa-times'></i> {lang="no"}</a></span>
				<br class='ipsClear'>
			{{endif}}
		{{endif}}

Thanks for your reply, however that doesn't seem to be what I am after.

From what I can see in your quote above, that is still just relating to the votes / helpful.

When a user clicks "yes" or "no" on that helpful button, a new style is given to the review. That is to say, it immediately shows the old original layout (standard padding etc). In my screenshot above, the blue box review has completely different padding than the red box review, the styling for everything is different. As though it's loading a default review template when one votes on the helpfulness.

I thought that maybe it is using the review template in Core > Global, so I made changes to that template and they weren't pulled through to the review template that is displayed when a user clicks on the helpful button.

Perhaps I am not understanding something. But the padding around the star rating and the words of the review is what I am looking to style (like the red box) but cannot find where the following code comes from (in cases where the helpful button is pressed)

<div id="review-1724" data-role="commentContent" class="ipsType_richText ipsType_break ipsContained" itemprop="reviewBody" data-controller="core.front.core.lightboxedImages">

As that's the line I'd be needing to add style to.

Before I click the "yes" or "no" on the helpful, it is loading the review template from the pages templates and I can style that fine (red box) but as soon as I click the yes / no on the helpful review. It loads a new template with the code above, without the adjustments we've made to it in the pages review template.

I thought that it would be the review template in the Core -> Global. But I made changes to that line of code in there, and that isn't what is being pulled through.

18 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Hey there. It's not a new style. Once they click it that line break at the bottom of the if statement is gone. If you take that line break out and put it under the if statement it will likely fix the problem.

I appreciate the responses, I tried doing as you suggested and didn't resolve the problem. So I investigated more, and seems to confirm that the template actually changes once that button is clicked.

I added several numerical values to the review page template that is being used. They show up throughout the review before the Yes / No is clicked on the helpful line. However, as soon as one clicks Yes / No, the new layout has none of those test numbers. Showing that it is actually pulling through a different, clean template from somewhere. (Can see attached)

NB: It is worth mentioning that it pulls the right review template when one refreshes the page. It's only initially after clicking the Yes / No that a different template seems to load. When I refreshed the page, the blue review below, then got all the test numbers.

testproblem.jpg

Hm, we have this 2 times in the system.

There's a global set of review templates and the cms app brings their own set of review templates. AFAIK you're also able to define your own within the database settings.
It seems that you've run into a bug, if you're not getting the same container once the "revie was helpful" link was clicked.

Is this happening within the pages application for you?

Correct, within the pages app. We have 3 pages applications that use this functionality and they all have the same behaviour. The number testing in my screenshot was done in the pages template for that database, so it does pull the pages review template by default. Just not immediately after the 'Review Was Helpful" was clicked. It then uses the correct template again after page refresh.

It was my original assumption that it may accidentally be grabbing from the theme review template instead of the pages one, but I did the same numerical test on our child theme's review template and the changes didn't show -- so it doesn't seem to be using that template either.

I still don't think this is a bug @Daniel F. I'm looking through my own personal skin and I'm not getting the same issue as @coert_g

I'm honest to god trying to see what you see but I'm not in my skin at all.

For Pages there are three  review templates. review reviews and reviewContainer

The one that directly affects this is the template 'review' could you post the code to the template associated with the database in question please?

I also think I may have figured out the problem.

Yup, we've done quite a bit of custom work in the review template. So I'm also fairly familiar with which template is involved. Just every test I've done has shown that the template immediately displayed after clicking the helpful button is not the review template in pages, nor the review template in the themes :)

I underwent another 'interesting' test now, and removed everything in the review template except for the Helpful line. IE: The review template only had this in it:

<div id='review-{$review->id}_wrap' data-controller='core.front.core.comment' data-commentApp='{$app}' data-commentType='{$type}-review' data-commentID="{$review->id}" data-quoteData='{expression="json_encode( array('userid' => $review->author()->member_id, 'username' => $review->author()->name, 'timestamp' => $review->mapped('date'), 'contentapp' => $app, 'contenttype' => $type, 'contentid' => $item->id, 'contentcommentid' => $review->id) )"}' class='ipsComment_content ipsType_medium' itemprop='review' itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Review">

<br class='ipsClear'>
{{endif}} 

</div>

So there was only 1 line displaying in each review, the helpful line with the two buttons. But as soon as I click on one, it then pulls up the entire review again. Once again showing that it is 100% grabbing some other review template, but I can't think where from since it isn't pulling the review from the theme's Core -> Global either.

Extremely confusing situation ;P

Here is the full review template being used on the pages template:

<div id='review-{$review->id}_wrap' data-controller='core.front.core.comment' data-commentApp='{$app}' data-commentType='{$type}-review' data-commentID="{$review->id}" data-quoteData='{expression="json_encode( array('userid' => $review->author()->member_id, 'username' => $review->author()->name, 'timestamp' => $review->mapped('date'), 'contentapp' => $app, 'contenttype' => $type, 'contentid' => $item->id, 'contentcommentid' => $review->id) )"}' class='ipsComment_content ipsType_medium' itemprop='review' itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Review">
 <div class='ipsComment_header ipsPhotoPanel ipsPhotoPanel_small ipsPhotoPanel_notPhone'>
		{template="userPhoto" app="core" group="global" params="$review->author(), 'small', $review->warningRef(), 'ipsPos_left'"}
		<div>
			<p class='ipsPos_right ipsType_reset ipsType_blendLinks'>
				<a href='{$review->item()->url()->setQueryString( array( 'do' => 'findReview', 'review' => $review->id ) )}' data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="share_this_review"}' data-ipsMenu data-ipsMenu-closeOnClick='false' id='elShareComment_{$review->id}'><i class='fa fa-share-alt'></i></a>
				{{if count( $item->reviewMultimodActions() )}}
					<input type="checkbox" name="multimod[{$review->id}]" value="1" data-role="moderation" data-actions="{{if $review->hidden() === -1 AND $review->canUnhide()}}unhide{{elseif $review->hidden() === 1 AND $review->canUnhide()}}approve{{elseif $review->canHide()}}hide{{endif}} {{if $review->canDelete()}}delete{{endif}}" data-state='{{if $review->tableStates()}}{$review->tableStates()}{{endif}}'>
				{{endif}}
			</p>
			<h3 class="ipsComment_author ipsType_blendLinks">
				<strong class='ipsType_normal' itemprop='author'>{template="userLink" app="core" group="global" params="$review->author(), $review->warningRef()"}</strong>
				{template="reputationBadge" group="global" app="core" params="$review->author()"}
			</h3>
			<p class="ipsComment_meta ipsType_medium ipsType_light">
				<meta itemprop='datePublished' content='{expression="\IPS\DateTime::ts( $review->mapped('date') )->format( 'Y-m-d' )"}'>{datetime="$review->mapped('date')"}
				{{if $review->hidden()}}
					· {$review->hiddenBlurb()}
				{{endif}}
				{{if $review->hidden() !== 1 and $review instanceof \IPS\Content\ReportCenter and !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->group['gbw_no_report'] }}
					· <a href='{$review->url('report')}' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-remoteSubmit data-ipsDialog-size='medium' data-ipsDialog-flashMessage='{lang="report_submit_success"}' data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="report"}" data-action='reportComment' title='{lang="report"}'>{lang="report"}</a>
				{{endif}}
          </p>
           <span class="ipsComment_meta ipsType_medium">
             <strong class='ipsType_medium'>{$review->helpfulLine()|raw}</strong>
           </span>

<div class="showratings">
               <ul class='ipsList_inline ipsClearfix ipsRating ipsRating_large' itemprop='reviewRating' itemscope itemtype='http://schema.org/Rating'>
				<meta itemprop='worstRating' content='1'>
				<meta itemprop='bestRating' content='{expression="intval( \IPS\Settings::i()->reviews_rating_out_of )"}'>
				{{foreach range( 1, intval( \IPS\Settings::i()->reviews_rating_out_of ) ) as $i}}
					<li class='{{if $review->mapped('rating') >= $i}}ipsRating_on{{else}}ipsRating_off{{endif}}'>
						{{if $review->mapped('rating') === $i}}<span itemprop='ratingValue' class='ipsHide'>{$i}</span>{{endif}}
						<i class='fa fa-star'></i>
					</li>
		    	{{endforeach}}
			</ul>

<!-- Review Ratings Start -->
<div class="hideratings">
<span class="pull-left"><strong>Professional:</strong></span>
<span class="pull-right">
                <ul class='ipsList_inline ipsClearfix ipsRating ipsRating_large' itemprop='reviewRating' itemscope itemtype='http://schema.org/Rating'>
				<meta itemprop='bestRating' content='{expression="intval( \IPS\Settings::i()->reviews_rating_out_of )"}'>
				{{foreach range( 1, intval( \IPS\Settings::i()->reviews_rating_out_of ) ) as $i}}
					<li class='{{if $review->rating_prof >= $i}}ipsRating_on{{else}}ipsRating_off{{endif}}'>
						{{if $review->rating_prof === $i}}<span itemprop='ratingValue' class='ipsHide'>{$i}</span>{{endif}}
					</li>
				{{endforeach}}
			</ul> 
</span>
        <br/><br/>

<span class="pull-left"><strong>Services:</strong></span>
					<li class='{{if $review->rating_services >= $i}}ipsRating_on{{else}}ipsRating_off{{endif}}'>
						{{if $review->rating_services === $i}}<span itemprop='ratingValue' class='ipsHide'>{$i}</span>{{endif}}
					</li>
				{{endforeach}}
			</ul> 
</span>
        <br/><br/>

<span class="pull-left"> <strong>Location:</strong></span>
					<li class='{{if $review->rating_location >= $i}}ipsRating_on{{else}}ipsRating_off{{endif}}'>
						{{if $review->rating_location === $i}}<span itemprop='ratingValue' class='ipsHide'>{$i}</span>{{endif}}
					</li>
				{{endforeach}}
			</ul>  
</span>
           <br/><br/>

<span class="pull-left"> <strong>Facilities:</strong></span>
					<li class='{{if $review->rating_facilities >= $i}}ipsRating_on{{else}}ipsRating_off{{endif}}'>
						{{if $review->rating_facilities === $i}}<span itemprop='ratingValue' class='ipsHide'>{$i}</span>{{endif}}
					</li>
				{{endforeach}}
			</ul> 
</span>
       <br/><br/>

<span class="pull-left"> <strong>Vibe:</strong></span>
					<li class='{{if $review->rating_vibe >= $i}}ipsRating_on{{else}}ipsRating_off{{endif}}'>
						{{if $review->rating_vibe === $i}}<span itemprop='ratingValue' class='ipsHide'>{$i}</span>{{endif}}
					</li>
				{{endforeach}}
			</ul> 
</span>
      <br/><br/>

<span class="pull-left"> <strong>Aircraft:</strong></span>
					<li class='{{if $review->rating_aircraft >= $i}}ipsRating_on{{else}}ipsRating_off{{endif}}'>
						{{if $review->rating_aircraft === $i}}<span itemprop='ratingValue' class='ipsHide'>{$i}</span>{{endif}}
					</li>
				{{endforeach}}
			</ul>  
  </span>
  </div>
  </div>

<div class="ipsColumns ipsColumns_collapseTablet dz_comment_padding">
       <div class="ipsColumn ipsColumn_fluid">
		<div id="review-{$review->id}" data-role="commentContent" class="ipsType_richText ipsType_break ipsContained" itemprop="reviewBody" data-controller='core.front.core.lightboxedImages'>
		{$review->content()|raw}
		</div>
      </div>
  </div>

</div>
	</div>

<br class='ipsClear'>
			{{endif}}

<br class='ipsClear'>
			{{endif}} 

{{if $review instanceof \IPS\Content\Reputation and settings.reputation_enabled}}
				{template="reputation" group="global" app="core" params="$review, 'ipsPos_right ipsResponsive_noFloat ipsPad'"}
			{{endif}}
		{{endif}}

{{if ( member.member_id and ( !$review->mapped('votes_data') or !array_key_exists( member.member_id, json_decode( $review->mapped('votes_data'), TRUE ) ) ) ) || $review->canEdit() || $review->canDelete() || $review->canHide() || $review->canUnhide()}}
			{{if $review->canEdit() || $review->canDelete() || $review->canHide() || $review->canUnhide()}}
				<ul class='ipsComment_controls ipsClearfix ipsPad' data-role="commentControls">
					{{if $review->hidden() === 1 && ( $review->canUnhide() || $review->canDelete() )}}
						{{if $review->canUnhide()}}
							<li><a href='{$review->url('unhide')->csrf()}' class='ipsButton ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_positive' data-action='approve'><i class='fa fa-check'></i> {lang="approve"}</a></li>
						{{endif}}
						{{if $review->canDelete()}}
							<li><a href='{$review->url('delete')->csrf()}' data-confirm data-action='deleteComment' data-updateOnDelete="#commentCount" class='ipsButton ipsButton_verySmall ipsButton_negative'><i class='fa fa-times'></i> {lang="delete"}</a></li>
						{{endif}}
						{{if $review->canEdit() || $review->canSplit()}}
							<li>
								<a href='#elControls_{$review->id}_menu' id='elControls_{$review->id}' data-ipsMenu data-ipsMenu-appendTo='#comment-{$review->id}_wrap'>{lang="options"} <i class='fa fa-caret-down'></i></a>
								<ul id='elControls_{$review->id}_menu' class='ipsMenu ipsMenu_narrow ipsHide'>
									{{if $review->canEdit()}}
										{{if $review->mapped('first') and $review->item()->canEdit()}}
											<li class='ipsMenu_item'><a href='{$review->item()->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'edit' )}'>{lang="edit"}</a></li>
										{{else}}
											<li class='ipsMenu_item'><a href='{$review->url('edit')}' data-action='editComment'>{lang="edit"}</a></li>
										{{endif}}
									{{endif}}
									{{if $review->canSplit()}}
										<li class='ipsMenu_item'><a href='{$review->url('split')}' data-action='splitComment' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="split_to_new" sprintf="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack( $item::$title )"}">{lang="split"}</a></li>
									{{endif}}
								</ul>
							</li>
						{{endif}}
					{{else}}
						{{if $review->canEdit()}}
							<li><a href='{$review->url('edit')}' data-action='editComment'>{lang="edit"}</a></li>
						{{endif}}	
						{{if $review->canDelete() || $review->canHide() || $review->canUnhide()}}
							<li>
								<a href='#elControls_review{$review->id}_menu' id='elControls_review{$review->id}' data-ipsMenu data-ipsMenu-appendTo='#review-{$review->id}_wrap'>{lang="options"}&nbsp;<i class='fa fa-caret-down'></i></a>
								<ul id='elControls_review{$review->id}_menu' class='ipsMenu ipsMenu_narrow ipsHide'>
									{{if $review instanceof \IPS\Content\Hideable}}
										{{if !$review->hidden() and $review->canHide()}}
											<li class='ipsMenu_item'><a href='{$review->url('hide')->csrf()}' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-title="{lang="hide"}">{lang="hide"}</a></li>
										{{elseif $review->hidden() and $review->canUnhide()}}
											<li class='ipsMenu_item'><a href='{$review->url('unhide')->csrf()}'>{lang="unhide"}</a></li>
										{{endif}}
									{{endif}}
									{{if $review->canDelete()}}
										<li class='ipsMenu_item'><a href='{$review->url('delete')->csrf()}' data-confirm data-action='deleteComment' data-updateOnDelete="#reviewCount">{lang="delete"}</a></li>
									{{endif}}
								</ul>
							</li>
						{{endif}}
					{{endif}}
					<li class='ipsHide' data-role='commentLoading'>
						<span class='ipsLoading ipsLoading_tiny ipsLoading_noAnim'></span>
					</li>
				</ul>
			{{endif}}
		{{endif}}
	</div>
	<div class='ipsMenu ipsMenu_wide ipsHide cPostShareMenu' id='elShareComment_{$review->id}_menu'>
		<div class='ipsPad'>
			<h4 class='ipsType_sectionHead'>{lang="share_this_review"}</h4>
			<hr class='ipsHr'>
			<h5 class='ipsType_normal ipsType_reset'>{lang="link_to_review"}</h5>
			<input type='text' value='{$review->item()->url()->setQueryString( array( 'do' => 'findReview', 'review' => $review->id ) )}' class='ipsField_fullWidth'>
		</div>
	</div>

I'm going to be honest there are some really odd things in your code so it can be so many different things. Like things that don't make much sense (they are redundant).

If you don't mind can you give me a link to the page so I can actually look for the bit that I think is causing this issue. I see something in your screenshot and I can't identify the element via looking at it. If you don't want to post it here send it to me via PM.

Thanks.

So I looked at this directly @Daniel F and it's a bug. Basically what is happening is when you click the "yes" or "No" button it is loading the template from the theme instead of the template for the page. So it's setting the content incorrectly. I tested it out and it's for sure loading the one from the theme when it's clicked. If you refresh the template is fine again. I added the class to the controls in the template and that fixed it but the rest of the template is still not like the original template.

I recommend this be reported as a bug as it should still use the review template of the database record. That's the point of having it.

Archived