All of a sudden, an error?

Brotherhalo

Just updated to 4.1.19.3 yesterday. One of my users was having issues posting in a forum so I thought it would help.

Didn't. In fact, I'm getting a 403 error (others are seeing the same issue, others are not):

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Ideas?

7 hours ago, superj707 said:

almost sounds like a server permission error. You didn't by chance do the upgrade from a phone did you?

Nope. Did it through the ACP...

11 hours ago, Adlago said:

Check permissions for group members - in the main menu of forums applications.

for_perm.thumb.png.41ee9f41eeaaac394a3124656435c031.png

for_perm2.png.34d044253f61575cb9b36bdd851d457f.png

Permissions are (and have been) set to All

1 hour ago, Brotherhalo said:

Nope. Did it through the ACP...

Permissions are (and have been) set to All

Remove all files in your root directory 'datastore'

If the issue is not resolved, create ticket support in the client area

10 hours ago, Adlago said:

Remove all files in your root directory 'datastore'

If the issue is not resolved, create ticket support in the client area

Okay, that didn't help, but I think I'm starting to see a trend.

When I try posting something that contains emoticons, html, or otherwise any special formatting, I get the error. If I remove said formatting, html, or emoticons, I can post. I have to see whether or not this is the same for other users...

2 minutes ago, Brotherhalo said:

Okay, that didn't help, but I think I'm starting to see a trend.

When I try posting something that contains emoticons, html, or otherwise any special formatting, I get the error. If I remove said formatting, html, or emoticons, I can post. I have to see whether or not this is the same for other users...

Try a test with the default IPS theme.

I submitted a ticket last night. The reply wasn't very helpful:

Hello,

I would suggest contacting your hosting company regarding this issue, as something is blocking you there. Its likely you have mod_security, varnish, or securi installed which is causing issues with your site.

Kind Regards,
Marc Stridgen

36 minutes ago, Brotherhalo said:

I submitted a ticket last night. The reply wasn't very helpful:

Hello,

I would suggest contacting your hosting company regarding this issue, as something is blocking you there. Its likely you have mod_security, varnish, or securi installed which is causing issues with your site.

Kind Regards,
Marc Stridgen

Hang on, they've let you know it is best to talk to your host and given you what seems the likely source of the issue, which is information you can give to the host.

That is helpful.

Are you on your own server? Do you have Opcache enabled in combination with PHP 7.1.4 latest update? This is an IPS known bug.

Try disabling the Opcache module on your server. It took me (with help of IPS) two days to hunt down this bug. It disabled posting for my members, while I still could post, and brought my CPU load to 100%

On 5/10/2017 at 6:52 PM, Donkerrood said:

Are you on your own server? Do you have Opcache enabled in combination with PHP 7.1.4 latest update? This is an IPS known bug.

Try disabling the Opcache module on your server. It took me (with help of IPS) two days to hunt down this bug. It disabled posting for my members, while I still could post, and brought my CPU load to 100%

I was just instructed to do the same thing finally. They also told me it will be fixed in 4.2. I just called my hose and told them to disable it. Crossing my fingers!

Sorry guys, haven't had a chance to get back to this for a short bit, but looking at it now. Will let you know results of modifying .htaccess...

Oh, and I'm not running PHP 7.1.4. I'm using hostrocket as my hosting provider and I have selected version 7.0 for PHP with opcache disabled...

Archived