Frontpage Article Template?

Mack_au

I'm in the process of upgrading to V4, and was extensively using IP.Content for my frontpage.

I'm doing testing now, and it seems like the frontpage templates available don't include one that I would like, which is a very simple "show the entire article", like I have in my 3.x install.

Is there a simple template for this?

Thanks.

How? I'm clueless.

But since you can no longer promote an forum post to an article I think I might just have to stop using a frontpage at all. I used to create a database entry, it would generate the forum post, and then I would promote it to the frontpage (which would also share it on social media).

Disappointing change.

It went from looking like this:

frontpageold.thumb.PNG.f564d9c0c2baf0e663b4dbf2d7b40b7e.PNG

To this:

frontpagenew.thumb.PNG.a7f1b6db0212e70bafe4f7d53a72d61d.PNG

Which looks utterly awful and unprofessional.

39 minutes ago, Mack_au said:

How? I'm clueless.

In the template you use to show the article listing, you replace:

{$record->truncated()|raw}

with

{$record->_content|raw}

But since you can no longer promote an forum post to an article I think I might just have to stop using a frontpage at all.

That functionality comes back in 4.2. 

I used to create a database entry, it would generate the forum post, and then I would promote it to the frontpage (which would also share it on social media).

Disappointing change.

Again, that’s all improved in 4.2. 

Which looks utterly awful and unprofessional.

I disagree. Showing a teaser of an article (instead of the full article) on home/listing pages is a standard across the web. Every newspaper site does it like this. Every major software (e.g. WordPress) does it like this. It’s a perfect default. There is nothing unprofessional about it. If you have different requirements, then you can customize it. Just needs a very simple change as I showed you. 

Thank you for that.

I did that.. and the page initially shows the entire article, but almost straight away turns into showing maybe one line. Any ideas what that might be?

odd.thumb.PNG.a637796c5f6105626c86fd6a8f6a8791.PNG

It's good those things are coming back. Maybe I'll just keep the forum as the main page now, and still use the articles to keep things in the right places.

I don't have many articles ever (usually two or 3 at most per week) so I prefer to show an entire article.

Right, my mistake. You also need to remove the truncation set in the container. 

Please also change:

<section class='ipsType_normal ipsType_richText ipsType_break ipsSpacer_bottom' data-ipsTruncate data-ipsTruncate-size='7 lines' data-ipsTruncate-type='remove'>

to

<section class='ipsType_normal ipsType_richText ipsType_break ipsSpacer_bottom'>

Archived