Unique Profile Fields (Support Topic)

This plugin allows you to select which custom profile fields require unique value/content when members edit their profiles. So that multiple members can not have the same profile field value.

v1 Features:

1. Select any custom profile field to require unique content.
  2. Set which member groups can be exempt from the unique value requirement.
  3. Supports custom profile fields placed on the register form.
  4. Choose between an exact match or contains match when checking fields for unique content.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for this great extension!
However there are some things that are bothering me.

1. Does not show live-info on registration form like the official fields
         That means that after hitting registration the users will be returned with an error message rather than giving live feedback
2. Error message can not be modified which always states:
         This value is not unique, please enter/select another value.
Would be great to edit the message accordingly based on the selected unique field
And adding that little red icon would also be nice to match the official errors:
image.png.e8afba16f9ced8417b181c469aeadd80.png

3. Unique checks are forced in-case sensitive.
        This is what i actually need, but i guess other users might be looking for case-sensitive checks instead.
        Having an option is always great. I personally would be fine without it though.

For example: test and Test are considered the same

Edited by Everade
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 5:57 PM, Everade said:

However there are some things that are bothering me.

I'll reply here instead of the review so can get more info from you.

1. This might be possible but may be further down the line due to the complexity of achieving this.
  2. Do you need the ability to edit each fields message? Because if not, that text is covered in the language manager and can be changed that way as well.
  3. The database check is probably forcing an exact match in that case. The "contains" option would be an alternative but I will have to check if a database check can be done that is in-case sensitive.
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 3:00 PM, DanielFb said:

The plugin won't work when you create a new mandatory field and the user is prompted to update his information upon login. If a unique mandatory field is present in the profile completion wizard, the user details won't update as the unique field will say the value "has to be unique"

Is the value actually unique? Just did a quick test with a unique profile field in the profile completion wizard and if I enter a unique value, it's processing fine for me.

• 2 months later...
On 4/29/2019 at 12:37 AM, Michael.J said:
  1. This might be possible but may be further down the line due to the complexity of achieving this.
  2. Do you need the ability to edit each fields message? Because if not, that text is covered in the language manager and can be changed that way as well.
  3. The database check is probably forcing an exact match in that case. The "contains" option would be an alternative but I will have to check if a database check can be done that is in-case sensitive.

From what i can see, there have been no further updates on this plugin since my initial review.

2. I've already answered that in my review, yes each field individualy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 2:43 AM, Everade said:

From what i can see, there have been no further updates on this plugin since my initial review.

I've saved those suggestions for future versions. If you want them added immediately, I'd be happy to do this as a custom request.

• 10 months later...