(DF41) Enhanced User Info Panel (Support Topic)

I purchased this because of all the updates you have been doing. A couple of things I have noticed.

1. First off this add-on no longer makes the topic starter add-on work.
  2. Is there anyway just to say have when not using the online pip instead of the glow feature just to have a standard color, like the example below?

1.jpg.9dd7668ccc5c0c1a896ac889bbfbd8c4.jpg2.jpg.dd15b58e0aae5dd90d8d2550c19520a5.jpg

Plus a spot to put the hex # color in the box to set the Online/Offline color. It would keep everything clean and inline. Or just a spot do disable that "glow" feature?

3. I also noticed that the Last activity sometimes gets broke depending on the day.

3.jpg.4297ea9a377472d4fc8e90233801d592.jpg

4. Also I noticed this add-on shrunk down my users avatars. Is there anyway to make it so it does not overwrite these settings?

It's a great addon and keep up all the updates and changes. :thumbsup:

Edited by nodle
7 hours ago, nodle said:

I purchased this because of all the updates you have been doing. A couple of things I have noticed.

1. First off this add-on no longer makes the topic starter add-on work.
  2. Is there anyway just to say have when not using the online pip instead of the glow feature just to have a standard color, like the example below?

1.jpg.9dd7668ccc5c0c1a896ac889bbfbd8c4.jpg2.jpg.dd15b58e0aae5dd90d8d2550c19520a5.jpg

Plus a spot to put the hex # color in the box to set the Online/Offline color. It would keep everything clean and inline. Or just a spot do disable that "glow" feature?

3. I also noticed that the Last activity sometimes gets broke depending on the day.

3.jpg.4297ea9a377472d4fc8e90233801d592.jpg

4. Also I noticed this add-on shrunk down my users avatars. Is there anyway to make it so it does not overwrite these settings?

It's a great addon and keep up all the updates and changes. :thumbsup:

1. Any other plugin for the info panel prob won't work only one can at a time, I could look into adding something similar

2. Yeah I can make it so you can pick a colour (there already is a setting to remove the glow but it still stays green)

3. Some fields have really long text so you might need to make the info panel about 220-230px you can edit that in the settings of the panel (It looks better a little bit bigger too)

4. I already thought about resizing the avatar so yeah I will add that to a update too but for now you can add the code below to your custom.css to edit avatar size (choose your size)

.ipsUserPhoto_medium img, img.ipsUserPhoto_medium, .ipsUserPhoto_medium::after {
    width: 75px;
    height: 75px;
    border-radius: 38px;
}

If you want it square remove the border radius and if you make it bigger probably use about 56px to the border radius to give it its proper circle

Edited by TheJackal84
10 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

4. I already thought about resizing the avatar so yeah I will add that to a update too but for now you can add the code below to your custom.css to edit avatar size (choose your size)

.ipsUserPhoto_medium img, img.ipsUserPhoto_medium, .ipsUserPhoto_medium::after {
    width: 75px;
    height: 75px;
    border-radius: 38px;
}

If you want it square remove the border radius and if you make it bigger probably use about 56px to the border radius to give it its proper circle

I already tried this yesterday but by increasing the size here it also increases it in the pop up member card messing it up. I also must had missed the option to disable the "glow" the first time. I'll just hold off for now and see what you come up with. Thanks for updating it and taking peoples ideas and changes. It's starting to turn out nicely.

Just now, nodle said:

I already tried this yesterday but by increasing the size here it also increases it in the pop up member card messing it up. I also must had missed the option to disable the "glow" the first time. I'll just hold off for now and see what you come up with. Thanks for updating it and taking peoples ideas and changes. It's starting to turn out nicely.

That's OK, I have been messing about with the colours and the one problem is if I allow the choice of colour for online then it will need loads more settings for the glow with rgba colours included so on the users side its a lot of hard work to match the colours with the glow and shadows, The avatar size is already done but I am waiting for a answer on a way to do it better so hopefully it will be the newer way, Plus I have added what @CP_User wanted with the ability to change font of the username it can either be web-safe fonts (normal ones) or it can be google fonts, So hopefully I will have it all done with-in the next couple of days maybe quicker

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

then it will need loads more settings for the glow with rgba colours included so on the users side its a lot of hard work to match the colours with the glow and shadows,

Don't worry about this. I missed the glow portion and the green works fine. Works comes to worse I can change it using some .css to match my color not that big of a deal.

2 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

The avatar size is already done but I am waiting for a answer on a way to do it better so hopefully it will be the newer way

Nice looking forward to this. Keep up the great work. :)

9 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

That's OK, I have been messing about with the colours and the one problem is if I allow the choice of colour for online then it will need loads more settings for the glow with rgba colours included so on the users side its a lot of hard work to match the colours with the glow and shadows, The avatar size is already done but I am waiting for a answer on a way to do it better so hopefully it will be the newer way, Plus I have added what @CP_User wanted with the ability to change font of the username it can either be web-safe fonts (normal ones) or it can be google fonts, So hopefully I will have it all done with-in the next couple of days maybe quicker

Splendid :wub:, will I be able to upload my own font to my directory and link it?

3 minutes ago, Aiba said:

Hey there, I tried installing your plugin today, but i get this very unhelpful error code

3C145/3 Something went wrong. Please try again.

Did you try to re-install? and if that says the same download a previous version and see what happens there

2 hours ago, nodle said:

Would you want the topic starter inside the user info panel at the top maybe like centered and with or without font-awesome?, Or would you want it with the IPS badge like in the plugin you shown in the link?

Edited by TheJackal84
9 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Would you want the topic starter inside the user info panel at the top maybe like centered and with or without font-awesome?, Or would you want it with the IPS badge like in the plugin you shown in the link?

If you could build it in that would be great something above the Avatar would be perfect. It's basically to show who started the thread. That way if the thread is real long someone doesn't have to look back to the first post to see who created the thread. Something with Font Awesome would be great.

3 minutes ago, nodle said:

If you could build it in that would be great something above the Avatar would be perfect. It's basically to show who started the thread. That way if the thread is real long someone doesn't have to look back to the first post to see who created the thread. Something with Font Awesome would be great.

Alright maybe I can add 2 settings one to show in the panel or the ips badge above the avatar, I will see how I get on

Edited by TheJackal84
11 hours ago, nodle said:

I done it below the avatar because of the cover photo and I will need to do a lot more edits if it was above the avatar because of the cover photo but this is how it looks

Hv2j7MI.png

MDadOCH.pnge4bfoKm.png

And the avatar bit is done too, I will be doing some final checks today before I release it

QX4LJ4e.png

Edited by TheJackal84

1.0.4 available

New features

1. Show/Hide a topic starter badge or field to the info panel (As requested)
  2. Change the width & height of the avatar (As requested)
  3. Change the font of the username (you can use web safe fonts, Google fonts or you can even upload your own!!!!!) (As requested)
  4. Change the height of the users cover photo (As requested)

Another fantastic update.

With the uploaded fonts, the username has come out quite small (which I think is due to the font), is there an easy way to adjust the size of the font? This might be to be another option? (Without it effecting other areas of the site)

Edited by CP_User
2 minutes ago, nodle said:

Topic starter works great. The avatar resizing works great, but there is one bug. Like I said before when you resize it, it also effects the hover pop up card. The wording overlaps the image. See image below.

1.jpg.1e24525aed247e4ab2e8dc246e342689.jpg

hmm to shouldn't as its a separate class, I will check it out

2 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

If you want to test just set the avatar height and width to say 100px each. Then apply then go to the username and hover on it. Also just tested on default skin as well with the same result.

Edited by nodle
2 minutes ago, CP_User said:

Another fantastic update.

With the uploaded fonts, the username has come out quite small (which I think is due to the font), is there an easy way to adjust the size of the font? This might be to be another option? (Without it effecting other areas of the site)

Add this to your custom css for now. I am not sure what else it will change though so check it out

.ipsType_sectionHead {
    font-size: 20px;
}

Change the size to what you want

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

I can confirm this, same issue on the hover card.

Just now, nodle said:

If you want to test just set the avatar height and width to say 100px each. Then apply then go to the username and hover on it.

Exactly the same size I'm using.

4 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Add this to your custom css for now. I am not sure what else it will change though so check it out

.ipsType_sectionHead {
    font-size: 20px;
}

Change the size to what you want

This has worked, it's more to do with the font I'm using. I've tried another and it's OK. I have adjusted the font to 26px which works better. No ill effects around the site as of yet.