(DF41) Enhanced User Info Panel (Support Topic)

This is the support topic for (DF41) Enhanced User Info Panel

If you have created custom profile fields you can place them into the user info panel by going into the custom field settings and in the display format box add

<li class='ipsType_break euip_Border'>
    <span class='euip_Title'><i class="fa fa-user" aria-hidden="true"></i> {title}:</span>
    <span class='euip_Content'>{content}</span>
</li>
<br/>
<hr class='euip_Hr'>

replace the font-awesome icon with your selected icon

Edited by TheJackal84
3 minutes ago, superj707 said:

I like it but I would only want to see this much detail on the user profile. It's not clear to me if this is showing on each post or just in the user profile?

Yeah i thought that myself I will add photos to the description, Its the topic view on each post

I am making one for the users profile as well

Edited by TheJackal84
18 minutes ago, superj707 said:

looks like not everything is breaking to a new row. Look at the mix up here.

breaking to new row.JPG

That's because your rank/title is too long its breaking the css hide it and see if its fixed, I might need to add a setting to place the rank under the avatar because of the lengths of some

yeah that was it. Maybe truncate rank title is an option too?

Also I was thinking it would be neat if profile banner could be hidden on mobile as an option. So it works on desktop only.

It gets kinda weird on mobile because people have LARGE and TALL images and it should doesn't work.

Either hide on mobile or make the whole feature so that the height of banner is = to height in profile so it crops at a certain point.

Just now, TheJackal84 said:

That's because your rank/title is too long its breaking the css hide it and see if its fixed, I might need to add a setting to place the rank under the avatar because of the lengths of some

This is a good point, I have some custom fields which will be longer than the space provided. Is there a way that the custom fields will show last which would allow longer text without breaking the layout, but still look decent?

1 minute ago, superj707 said:

yeah that was it. Maybe truncate rank title is an option too?

Also I was thinking it would be neat if profile banner could be hidden on mobile as an option. So it works on desktop only.

It gets kinda weird on mobile because people have LARGE and TALL images and it should doesn't work.

Either hide on mobile or make the whole feature so that the height of banner is = to height in profile so it crops at a certain point.

Yeah I can make it a option to hide on mobiles and I will look into the height, It might be a idea to add a % to it

There is also a way to add your own custom profile fields to it too with the same format, I will write a tutorial up on it soon and edit the topic with it

4 minutes ago, CP_User said:

This is a good point, I have some custom fields which will be longer than the space provided. Is there a way that the custom fields will show last which would allow longer text without breaking the layout, but still look decent?

You could always extend the user info panel in width I will test a few ways and get back to you

I had to withdraw my like up until you put a tag on it. $10.00 and a renewal for this? Is this even a plugin or is it a text file with template snips? There's several of these already released that are very similar almost identical that is currently free. I would rethink your pricing.

Edited by iDeath

You know, .. I WISH.. mobile looked like this..

Can it happen??? :D:D

mobile-should-look-like-this..gif

3 minutes ago, iDeath said:

I had to withdraw my like up until you put a tag on it. $10.00 and a renewal for this? Is this even a plugin or is it a text file with template snips? There's several of these already released that are very similar almost identical that is currently free. I would rethink your pricing.

Maybe the payment is for support :D

Edited by superj707

@superj707 when I viewed it 2-3 hours ago I could of sworn it was free. But I know for a fact the price changed within that time frame. Perhaps I'm naive and feel that people shouldn't have to spend $10.00 on something that could be easily done adding a few lines of code into your forum container. I will say the cover photo behind the avatar is hot but none the less useless as cover photos tend to be large and would only shrink it down into a pile of pixelated rubble.

Edited by iDeath
11 minutes ago, iDeath said:

@superj707 when I viewed it 2-3 hours ago I could of sworn it was free. But I know for a fact the price changed within that time frame. Perhaps I'm naive and feel that people shouldn't have to spend $10.00 on something that could be easily done adding a few lines of code into your forum container. I will say the cover photo behind the avatar is hot but none the less useless as cover photos tend to be large and would only shrink it down into a pile of pixelated rubble.

There're two files currently out by the author. This one and a member info panel (which is free) which looks the same, maybe that was it. But to come into someone's thread and tell them how to price their product isn't on.

16 minutes ago, superj707 said:

ou know, .. I WISH.. mobile looked like this..

Can it happen??? :D:D

mobile-should-look-like-this..gif

Yes!

P.S. Interesting site lol

Edited by CP_User
15 minutes ago, iDeath said:

It was always 10$ the other plugin / widget I made is free as I used most of the code from this plugin for that and it took minutes to write. And this one is a plugin, yeah people can add their own if they want to edit the html and css but then they can do the same with many other plugins here, Its not a small plugin there is many settings in it and a lot of coding so for 10$ I don't think that's bad, And the renewal is for the updates I will make for it, Like now I am already writing the update with what I have read on here, It works so if people are happy with it then they don't need to renew no one is forcing them to renew

@TheJackal84 That's the thing.. You are. By adding a renewal price you're forcing everyone to repay in the event they ever have to redownload it despite if there has ever been any updates. My grudge is not towards you in any way I'm just not pleased with what direction the marketplace is going with insanely inflated pricing as well as ridiculous renewals.

I just noticed the other plugin and confused it with this one. I was irritated at first because I thought you had changed it from free to paid which happens here more often than you'd think.

Just now, iDeath said:

@TheJackal84 That's the thing.. You are. By adding a renewal price you're forcing everyone to repay in the event they ever have to redownload it despite if there has ever been any updates. My grudge is not towards you in any way I'm just not pleased with what direction the marketplace is going with insanely inflated pricing as well as ridiculous renewals.

I just noticed the other plugin and confused it with this one. I was irritated at first because I thought you had changed it from free to paid which happens here more often than you'd think.

Do they not get 6 months to download it for free from the date of purchase for how I priced it? I am not being sarcastic I am asking a honest question if not then I will rethink the renewal fee if they do then I still don't think its that bad as maybe in 6-7 months time 4.2 is out and the whole code needs changing and I need to do a lot of work to it, I am not the person to make something and leave it I will always try and improve my stuff and try to add what people want

@TheJackal84 That is how it works yes. But what happens if they need to re download it in 7 months? I myself have been in situations where I've had to completely reinstall my hooks/applications but let me just be clear I'm not trying to bully you into rethinking your pricing as this is your content not mine. I noticed you were pretty new to the community and wanted to try to shift you before you landed in the dark side.

Your pricing is fair but just remember that having said renewal you're liable for dedicated updates otherwise anyone whom renewed can request a refund via IPS as forcing members to rebuy the same content over and over is a no go.

Either way good luck with sales.

Is it possible to add settings for mobile users. Where we can switch on/off what info we show, I'd only like to show 2/3 items. Also as @superj707 said, could the mobile version be shifted to the left as it looks a little odd.

Also, maybe an option to override the avatar size?

Edited by CP_User
58 minutes ago, CP_User said:

Is it possible to add settings for mobile users. Where we can switch on/off what info we show, I'd only like to show 2/3 items. Also as @superj707 said, could the mobile version be shifted to the left as it looks a little odd.

Also, maybe an option to override the avatar size?

It's a great mod. I have disabled until mobile version gets some love. :D