Help with arrowchat - code in theme

keiran watson

Hey all, 

So trying to save my chat. My server (siteground shared) doesn't support node.js so babble is out sadly. 

Tried to install arrowchat trial but it's not showing on my forum. I think the issue is most likely in the header/footer coding so wondered if anyone with tech abilities can help me out? 

It tells me to - 

Adding the Header / Footer Code

The following header code must be added to your website in order for ArrowChat to display:

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" id="arrowchat_css" media="all" href="/arrowchat/external.php?type=css" charset="utf-8" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="/arrowchat/includes/js/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/arrowchat/includes/js/jquery-ui.js"></script>

and the following footer code...

<script type="text/javascript" src="/arrowchat/external.php?type=djs" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/arrowchat/external.php?type=js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Please note that you must change the paths to ArrowChat if it is not correct.

You may also leave out the jquery.js and jquery-ui.js calls if you already have them on your site.

The instructions told me I'd find the correct folder/file to alter in themes but I couldn't find it there. I did find what I think is the right file in - IPS/Applications/Core/Data/HTML/Global - File name global template.phtml

Made the changes but nothing showing on my site. Anyone help me out? Is that the right file?

Arrowchat site says support isn't available for the free trial. If I can't get it working I'll just risk it and buy a version to get tech help 

Archived