TDB Posts (41x)

9 hours ago, fix3r said:

make sure your on a page that supports that block being added

Thanks for advice, but I would like to use it on our "start" page. It already has other blocks. 

As a workaround I tried to "Create a new block" on the admin pages there the plugin actually is visible but instead I get this error message when I try to create the block:

"OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/html/x274934/applications/cms/sources/Blocks/Block.php(1003): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\Plugin), 'TDBPosts', 565620735, Array, NULL, NULL)
#1 /var/www/html/x274934/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/builder.php(112): IPS\cms\Blocks\_Block->widget()
#2 /var/www/html/x274934/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_builder->previewBlock()
#3 /var/www/html/x274934/applications/core/modules/front/system/widgets.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/x274934/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_widgets->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/x274934/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}"

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 11:21 AM, Johan Eenfeldt said:

Thanks for advice, but I would like to use it on our "start" page. It already has other blocks. 

As a workaround I tried to "Create a new block" on the admin pages there the plugin actually is visible but instead I get this error message when I try to create the block:

"OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/html/x274934/applications/cms/sources/Blocks/Block.php(1003): IPS\_Widget::load(Object(IPS\Plugin), 'TDBPosts', 565620735, Array, NULL, NULL)
#1 /var/www/html/x274934/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/builder.php(112): IPS\cms\Blocks\_Block->widget()
#2 /var/www/html/x274934/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_builder->previewBlock()
#3 /var/www/html/x274934/applications/core/modules/front/system/widgets.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/x274934/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_widgets->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/x274934/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}"

Can you tell me which page you are trying to put the block on please?

• 2 months later...

Hey @TDBF! Love this mod. Way better than the stock topic feed!

Some things I would love to see in a future version:

• Exclude forums to pull topics from (for when you've only got a small number of forums you don't want to appear in the result, and a LOT that you do!)
  • List topics containing a particular tag (for when the tag is more important than the forum container)
  • List topics with less than X replies (for singling out topics that haven't had enough love yet)

Thanks for your awesome work so far!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just an update. I will be discontinuing any further development of this plugin in the future.

I have, however, totally rewritten this plugin from the ground up as an application instead. Not only that, but I have removed some features as they are no longer required due to being in the core now, and plan to add more features in the future.

The first release will be a beta version for testing purposes. if you would like to help out, let me know, and I will send you a copy to play with.

That is great news, we use your widget for years now, and now as we updated to 4.7.9 it stopped working and the core "latest posts" etc widgets don't work as good as your widget did. My users are complaining every day about the core widgets not being as usefull as your's was.