Conversion error, access denied

iobrien

Hi there, weird error using the convertor. Trying to convert from Vanilla. I have the Vanilla install running successfully on the same server.

Screenshot is attached with what I have filled out. I get the following error:

InvalidArgumentException: Database Connection Failed: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) (0)
#0 /var/www/html/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Vanilla.php(58): IPS\convert\_Software->__construct(Object(IPS\convert\App))
#1 /var/www/html/applications/convert/modules/admin/manage/create.php(251): IPS\convert\Software\Core\_Vanilla->__construct(Object(IPS\convert\App), false)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\convert\modules\admin\manage\_create->_stepThree(Array)
#3 /var/www/html/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(157): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#4 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(1694): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#5 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_core_admin_global->globalTemplate('6ae8810527f96b8...', Object(IPS\Helpers\Wizard), Array)
#6 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(149): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#7 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(104): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#8 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(131): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#9 /var/www/html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Couple things:

• Both forums are publicly accessible and working
  • The DB credentials are verified and correct
  • I have tried a clean installation of IPS
  • It seems like the convertor is not picking up the user at all. I have tried creating another mysql user with new global permissions and get the same error
  • Server is running 16.04 on PHP7.

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 1.25.30 PM.png

23 minutes ago, iobrien said:

Hi there, weird error using the convertor. Trying to convert from Vanilla. I have the Vanilla install running successfully on the same server.

Screenshot is attached with what I have filled out. I get the following error:

InvalidArgumentException: Database Connection Failed: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' (using password: NO) (0)
#0 /var/www/html/applications/convert/sources/Software/Core/Vanilla.php(58): IPS\convert\_Software->__construct(Object(IPS\convert\App))
#1 /var/www/html/applications/convert/modules/admin/manage/create.php(251): IPS\convert\Software\Core\_Vanilla->__construct(Object(IPS\convert\App), false)
#2 [internal function]: IPS\convert\modules\admin\manage\_create->_stepThree(Array)
#3 /var/www/html/system/Helpers/Wizard/Wizard.php(157): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#4 /var/www/html/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(1694): IPS\Helpers\_Wizard->__toString()
#5 /var/www/html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_core_admin_global->globalTemplate('6ae8810527f96b8...', Object(IPS\Helpers\Wizard), Array)
#6 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(149): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('globalTemplate', Array)
#7 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(104): IPS\_Dispatcher->finish()
#8 /var/www/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(131): IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->finish()
#9 /var/www/html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Couple things:

• Both forums are publicly accessible and working
  • The DB credentials are verified and correct
  • I have tried a clean installation of IPS
  • It seems like the convertor is not picking up the user at all. I have tried creating another mysql user with new global permissions and get the same error
  • Server is running 16.04 on PHP7.

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 1.25.30 PM.png

Please submit a ticket so that we can take a look.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, sofos said:

I have similar error on version 4.2.4, how did You solved the issue?

AFAIK the fixes should be present as this topic is relatively old so its gone through a couple of versions at least. :)

Are you having the same "access denied" error ? If so where ? Same place or during the initial "database details" entry page ?

1 minute ago, sofos said:

I solved with Support help. The problem was vanilla2 tables non in camel case.

Thanks!

Great. :)

Thank you for posting back with the solution too, this is appreciated as it may help others in the future who have a similar concern and find this topic via a search.

Archived