Deleting Small CSS Templates?

David..

Hey!

So, GTMetrix suggests that I inline small css files. And I found two of them. Awards.css and motm.css. They have some small css inside each so I can just copy and place into custom.css but I cannot find out how to remove the Awards.css and motm.css because it still keeps getting loaded, even if it's empty.

1 hour ago, Adlago said:

Do the opposite - put in these css files  more CSS codes from custom CSS and GtMetrix will not be angry.

ahaha but what will happen to those css files if the app gets re-installed or updated? It's not safe putting custom.css there. :)

9 hours ago, David.. said:

ahaha but what will happen to those css files if the app gets re-installed or updated? It's not safe putting custom.css there. :)

Before laughter is good to have thought. To delete these small CSS you must change the application or plugin using them. When the upgrade you have more serious problems then.

GtMetrix made only control test. You want control test better.

Copy some code custom CSS and paste it in a small CSS. Loading site browser these codes will be eliminated from your browser. GtMetrix in making the test will not show small CSS.
You be pleased.

11 hours ago, Adlago said:

Do the opposite - put in these css files  more CSS codes from custom CSS and GtMetrix will not be angry.

That doesn’t solve anything. No one needs to please GTMetrix. It’s just a tool. 

As mentioned correctly, those additional CSS files are called by additional apps or plugins. So the site owner can’t change that other than removing these apps/plugins. 
This issue should rather be solved by IPS in a way that CSS files are merged automatically instead of called individually. 

51 minutes ago, opentype said:

That doesn’t solve anything. No one needs to please GTMetrix. It’s just a tool

Of course nothing decided not.
It just lie test GtMetrix;)

54 minutes ago, opentype said:

This issue should rather be solved by IPS in a way that CSS files are merged automatically instead of called individually. 

Yes, it must be true solution.

4 hours ago, opentype said:

That doesn’t solve anything. No one needs to please GTMetrix. It’s just a tool. 

As mentioned correctly, those additional CSS files are called by additional apps or plugins. So the site owner can’t change that other than removing these apps/plugins. 

Yes, I remember IPB3 had the option to call all CSS and JS in one URL. IPS4 doesn't have this though.

Archived