Bundle more Pages in IP.Content

KT Walrus

Currently, the Pages app only comes with an Articles page (complete with an Articles database).

I assume that IPS, on this site, uses Pages itself internally to implement most of the pages that are generated by IPS4 apps. If this is true, I'd like to see you start bundling a generic version of each of these Pages. For example, my site could use these pages (as they use HTML, CSS, and JS that is much more well crafted than I can do on my own):

• Features and Services Pages
  • Support Pages of Help Guides, Developers, and Release Notes
  • News Pages
  • Bug Tracker Pages

I would really like to have these Pages/Databases come built into the Pages app (like the Articles page).

Yesterday, I purchased some Pages templates in the Marketplace:

These might work on my site, but not without work in setting up the databases required to make my own Help Guides section and maybe a Member's Directories section.

It may take a bit of work in IPS 4.2 to enhance Pages for 3rd party Pages Apps to be downloaded and installed, but this enhancement would allow you to include a bunch of useful Pages Apps that can be used as starting point for implementing a complete site like this site and for MarketPlace Devs to sell their own complete Pages apps (like they now sell complete IPS4 apps and plugins).

I'm fairly new to Pages so maybe there already are Pages apps, but it took me a while to get my Help Guides section set up even using the Pages SuperHelp templates I purchased yesterday.

1 hour ago, KT Walrus said:

Currently, the Pages app only comes with an Articles page (complete with an Articles database).

I assume that IPS, on this site, uses Pages itself internally to implement most of the pages that are generated by IPS4 apps. If this is true, I'd like to see you start bundling a generic version of each of these Pages. For example, my site could use these pages (as they use HTML, CSS, and JS that is much more well crafted than I can do on my own):

• Features and Services Pages
  • Support Pages of Help Guides, Developers, and Release Notes
  • News Pages
  • Bug Tracker Pages

I would really like to have these Pages/Databases come built into the Pages app (like the Articles page).

Yesterday, I purchased some Pages templates in the Marketplace:

These might work on my site, but not without work in setting up the databases required to make my own Help Guides section and maybe a Member's Directories section.

It may take a bit of work in IPS 4.2 to enhance Pages for 3rd party Pages Apps to be downloaded and installed, but this enhancement would allow you to include a bunch of useful Pages Apps that can be used as starting point for implementing a complete site like this site and for MarketPlace Devs to sell their own complete Pages apps (like they now sell complete IPS4 apps and plugins).

I'm fairly new to Pages so maybe there already are Pages apps, but it took me a while to get my Help Guides section set up even using the Pages SuperHelp templates I purchased yesterday.

To be clear, you are asking for more templates for IP.Pages databases.

2 hours ago, Joel R said:

To be clear, you are asking for more templates for IP.Pages databases.

Basically, I am asking for more than just a bunch of templates. I am asking for apps like the Articles app that currently comes with IP.Pages. This would include a database with sample content (like the Forums app comes with a welcome forum with one welcome topic installed), the templates, any blocks that the app might use or provide and any media required by the templates to render the pages of the app.

I think the Articles app that is currently the only one installed would have a bunch of "friends" after I upgrade to a new version of IP.Pages. Those "friends" would be implementation of the Pages that IPS uses on this site since these have proven themselves as being useful. I know IPS devs probably consider IP.Pages so easy to set up a page like the Help Guides here, but it would take quite a bit of work for me to do myself and the result I come up with wouldn't be nearly as polished from a UX point of view that my site might suffer (from the mix of Pages apps and IPS4 apps purchased from IPS).

BTW, I wouldn't even mind if this bundle of Pages apps was a separate paid licensed component of IPS4, especially if these apps were well crafted.

Call the component the Pages Starter Pack and charge $50 for it... and $5 dollars every 6 months...

Archived