Wrong switching folders in messages

kodif

One message in Inbox, one in "just test"

58edf6c9f27b6_screenshot-invisionpower.com2017-04-1211-39-28.thumb.png.7eb686ccfc31210ff8f4ff1e93c6557a.png

Switching between folders does nothing on list of messages.

58edf72b3c31a_screenshot-invisionpower.com2017-04-1211-40-50.thumb.png.403b1ee93277e33343bcb365a8b2044a.png

I wonder which messages will be emptied then....

58edf7bf2decc_screenshot-invisionpower.com2017-04-1211-46-56.thumb.png.e19bd71eafc295774c05989887447427.png

BTW Where are checkboxes in messages list??

On 13.04.2017 at 5:09 AM, Joel R said:

You should learn by now that IPS doesn't necessarily respond through their company forums.

Yes, I did, unfortunately...

I don't have active licence now, so I cannot send ticket.  I am writing here to have product without bugs when (if) I decide to renew

On 13.04.2017 at 11:08 AM, Sergey_SV said:

I have submitted ticket about this on my site, quite long ago and it was fixed in 14.1.19.2

Are you sure it was?

I just got answer from Ryan Ashbrook: " This is a known issue which has been fixed for a future release. "

I really don't know how to understand that...

2 minutes ago, kodif said:

Are you sure it was?

I just got answer from Ryan Ashbrook: " This is a known issue which has been fixed for a future release. "

I really don't know how to understand that...

hmm.. at that time it was 4.1.19 release and it was scheduled to later release, probably they meant 4.2 them

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Folder management in Messages is wacky.

1. After you move a message from the Inbox to a folder, the view switches to the folder. Why would a user who is cleaning up the Inbox want to look at a folder next? Then, when you've switched back to the Inbox, you've lost your place in the message queue.

The checkboxes come and go, as OP observed.

2. The search in Message is restricted to the current folder in the view, rather than across folders. If a user wanted to find a message but didn't remember exactly where it was, he or she would have to search folders one by one. This is a suboptimal design of user experience in search. Search can search across folders, why not implement this?

3. Mass delete of more than one message must take place in the narrow left-hand window, where an inadequate amount of text is displayed for decision-making about whether to delete the message.

And related -- There is no download of personal messages. Given restrictions on personal message storage, this is a hardship for admins or mods who might want to save a particular message more or less permanently.

Archived