Email Validation

Pyrotechnic

Just set up a new forum and anyone who has registered with either a outlook / Hotmail or icloud email address are not getting the validation link to click.

Gmail appears to be fine, but the above simply do not get them. I have had 60 sign ups in 3 days andevery one with the above address has not got a validation.

Anyone any ideas ?

17 minutes ago, Pyrotechnic said:

Just set up a new forum and anyone who has registered with either a outlook / Hotmail or icloud email address are not getting the validation link to click.

check your email server logs, are they being bounced? are you using a email company such as Sparkpost?

Check your mailservers log, perhaps you are blacklisted. this often happens on mass-providers, if you Reverse DNS is not set correctly....

What happens, if you telnet <your-domain>:25 ... your SMTP should respond with a domain you own on this ip (not something like 9835798345.myhost.net)

I am pretty sure, this is not an issue of IPS4.

EDIT: Do you use your own domain on the IPS-Cloud or your "default" IPS-Cloud Domain?

15 hours ago, Pyrotechnic said:

Gmail appears to be fine, but the above simply do not get them. I have had 60 sign ups in 3 days andevery one with the above address has not got a validation.

Anyone any ideas ?

Hotmail & Outlook use their own antispam system. It's a pain but they normally block many ip and add them to their own blacklist. My 2 sites ara adult content material, so I'm easily added to their black list.

I solved this by registering to their own system: the snds data.

https://postmaster.live.com/snds/data.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
You can check if your ip is in the black list. 

You have to register, it's better to have a verified outlook.com account. Then you have to sign a few contracts online.

Checked the above link and no issues found, :( Thanks for letting me know about it though, although I am stuck about how to fix this now. My V3.4. Invision Forum was fine, but that was self hosted. ?

How do I check my email server logs. Sorry, but I am not that good when it comes to the nitty gritty of the sever stuff.

I have the same problem. Outlook / Hotmail / Live.com (Microsoft) domains are not receiving my emails anymore. Existing members cant reset their forgotten passwords, new users cant register.

My facts are:

• I changed the server provider and it is professionally managed.
  • My hoster confirmed that everything is setup correctly.
  • I sendout mails via the local mail sendout by a noreply@example.com address
  • I have a dedicated IP which is not blacklisted, nor the domain. It's checked.
  • http is served via Cloudflare if this should be important
  • No other mail provider has any issues with receiving my emails....

I will also try the SNDS checkup -> https://postmaster.live.com/snds/index.aspx

Every day I loose a dozen members due to this. Anyone has some more insights please?

• 2 weeks later...

I know hotmail has its own antispam filter, so if users have the filter configured too high, they will never receive the emails,  not even in the spam folder. As I remarked in my previous post, all my community are adults so I also suspect hotmail & outlook have a content filter firewall that blacklist sex emails. For me it's always a lost battle.

In order to avoid this, I recently studied the option to use this service with amazon: https://aws.amazon.com/ses/pricing/  
I think you can set it up in the admin CP but  I have no idea if this can solve outlook-hotmail problems or/and cause others. I don't know if you need to pay for another IP to avoid being included in the spam lists or you can use some kind of relay system freely. 

Maybe someone with more experience using Amazon SEs can help.

Archived