Plugin request. More elegant quoting

sofos

I wish the quote was limited (i.e. to the first 140 characters) and that they were eliminated recursive quote, videos and photos to have a more elegant appearance of the threads.

How do you accomplish this? If it is necessary to make a plugin I'm willing to be a sponsor.

Many thanks to those who will respond to me.

32 minutes ago, sofos said:

I wish the quote was limited (i.e. to the first 140 characters) and that they were eliminated recursive quote, videos and photos to have a more elegant appearance of the threads.

I think what might mitigate large quoted posts is if it was more obvious to the end-user that they can highlight to quote rather than take the whole post...

Another idea is to have a "more" or "show full quote" link after truncating a quoted post (ideally a configurable value via the ACP) that would allow users to quote a lengthy post, but not force other users to have to scroll past it, and perhaps auto-truncate with recursive posts and offer the "more" link there as well.

1 hour ago, Joy Rex said:

I think what might mitigate large quoted posts is if it was more obvious to the end-user that they can highlight to quote rather than take the whole post...

Another idea is to have a "more" or "show full quote" link after truncating a quoted post (ideally a configurable value via the ACP) that would allow users to quote a lengthy post, but not force other users to have to scroll past it, and perhaps auto-truncate with recursive posts and offer the "more" link there as well.

Joy Rex unfortunately my users do not have a great familiarity with shortcuts and generally with the proper use of the software tools.
They are people "not so young & geek", at least the cut/hide of the characters after the 140th must be automatic.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived